• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Juicy Rumor for Hawks fans....

Diesel

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth . . . . . the teams that are listed on Hoopshype that need a pg are:

Denver? That's crazy since the have Iverson.

Houston

Miami?

Portland . . . . really the only team that has the pieces to trade. And that would have to include one of their higher contract guys and a filler? IE LaFrenze, Pryz, might not have to include one of them if they had a trade exeption? They have a couple players that would be interesting . . . . . but to give up Bibby???

• Premium Member
For what it's worth . . . . . the teams that are listed on Hoopshype that need a pg are:

Denver? That's crazy since the have Iverson.

Houston

Miami?

Portland . . . . really the only team that has the pieces to trade. And that would have to include one of their higher contract guys and a filler? IE LaFrenze, Pryz, might not have to include one of them if they had a trade exeption? They have a couple players that would be interesting . . . . . but to give up Bibby???

Based on the offer sheet from Memphis...............maybe Smoove is on the way out after nasty negotiations!

Based on the offer sheet from Memphis...............maybe Smoove is on the way out after nasty negotiations!

Yep Vol...I think it was pretty nasty - likely like "get an offer boy". Even though Smoove loves the town I would imagine he is sick and tired of the ASG. He should have gotten 6-72...minimum.

I wouldn't mind trading Jones. I think he has been given his fair shot last year and he did nothing to show that he deserves to be on this roster.

playing a couple minutes every few weeks is not giving someone a fair chance.

Solomon is foul prone and out of control when he's on the floor, so of course he doesn't get a lot of minutes. He's been trash in the SLs, and hasn't gotten better since he's came in the league. Even if he didn't get a lot of minutes last year, he's had plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

Solomon is foul prone and out of control when he's on the floor, so of course he doesn't get a lot of minutes. He's been trash in the SLs, and hasn't gotten better since he's came in the league. Even if he didn't get a lot of minutes last year, he's had plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

Dude, what are you talking about? He only had 3 times last season where he played over 10 minutes, is that your definition of plenty of opportunities? He averaged 6.6 reb and 1 blk in those games... those are small samples but he can give you 7pt/7reb/1.4blk if he can be given 20mins/game consistently.

He's been here for like 3 years. He's just not that good or at least he hasn't shown that he is. That's what I' m talking about.

When Randolph Morris and Othello Hunter are getting more consideration in our lineups 'round the Squawk than a guy who's been here for three years, what does that tell you ?

Edited by EazyRoc

All I take this to mean is that the Hawks have no interest in Solo, and would just like him off the roster. Just because he has not played very much doesn't mean he didn't get a chance. It just means in 3 years he didn't show any signs of being able to play more than 5 minutes a game.

All I take this to mean is that the Hawks have no interest in Solo, and would just like him off the roster. Just because he has not played very much doesn't mean he didn't get a chance. It just means in 3 years he didn't show any signs of being able to play more than 5 minutes a game.

Or it means the coaching staff is incompetent.

Diaw didn't look like he's going anywhere with Woodson, but he's a solid player when used correctly. Solomon may be in the same path. There's talent in the kid.

He's been here for like 3 years. He's just not that good or at least he hasn't shown that he is. That's what I' m talking about.

When Randolph Morris and Othello Hunter are getting more consideration in our lineups 'round the Squawk than a guy who's been here for three years, what does that tell you ?

This is his third year. He averaged 7.2pt 4.3 reb 1.2blk in 22mins in the last month in his rookie year when he was given consistent minutes every game. What more do you want out of him? That 7.2/4.3 seems ordinary, but he also provide that intimidating interior defense that rival Josh Smith. He's a taller version Jason Maxielle imo.

Edited by SignJoshOrGetOUT

That 7.2/4.3 seems ordinary, but he also provide that intimidating interior defense that rival Josh Smith. He's a taller version Jason Maxielle imo.

No, man. Just no. His interior defense doesn't come close to rivaling Smith's. He'll never be the player that Jason Maxielle is now. What have you been watching, that I haven't ? I don't see Solomon being a contributor on this team. Sekou Smith doesn't see Solomon being a contributor on this team. Quite a few 'squawkers don't see him contributing to this team. Why ? Because he just isn't that good. Players like Stoudemire, Jones, Richardson, and West don't play because they just aren't good enough to crack our rotation. Hell, this is the longest (I believe) Richardson has ever been kept on a team. Most teams just cut him after the 10-day contract. You can't blame Woodson for not playing those scrubs. They just aren't there yet, and may never get there.

• Premium Member

I think what we're seeing is that Atlanta wants to move Solo so that they can sign Hunter to a guaranteed deal. It's not really about Money. Especially if we're going after the washed up center from Chicago, but it's about being able to get something for our investment in Solo.

He probably goes elsewhere and blows up like Theo Ratliff.

I think what we're seeing is that Atlanta wants to move Solo so that they can sign Hunter to a guaranteed deal. It's not really about Money. Especially if we're going after the washed up center from Chicago, but it's about being able to get something for our investment in Solo.

He probably goes elsewhere and blows up like Theo Ratliff.

I think it foolish to dump him if it is because he didn't go to Utah.