• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby is horrible

GameTime

I say start Law from the get go and put Bibby on the bench. He could help with outside shooting I guess. I mean Law couldn't be any worse than Bibby now.

Shooting: Tie (Bibby has downright awful days sometimes and now Law is showing he can shoot)

Passing: Law

Defense: Law

Edit: Maybe I will give him a chance when the season starts but his stats look horrible.

Edit: Flip Murray was an absolute steal.

Edited by GameTime

I say start Law from the get go and put Bibby on the bench. He could help with outside shooting I guess. I mean Law couldn't be any worse than Bibby now.

Shooting: Tie (Bibby has downright awful days sometimes and now Law is showing he can shoot)

Edit: Maybe I will give him a chance when the season starts but his stats look horrible.

min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a off def tot ast pf st to bs pts

27:41 5-11 2-4 2-2 1 2 3 5 3 0 1 0 14

Those stats don't look bad at all to me. First game in a week against starters. Bibby is the starter and with good reason.

Watched on TV as announcers were Bobcat and they hardly knew who was on the

floor for the Hawks. Had to guess at who did what part of the time. They sure

didn't help with that a lot.

I saw more three point shooting - and hitting - from these Hawks tonight. And, this

is with our "new" three point threat out with a sore left thumb.

Where was J Smith tonight? He didn't show up - Just one of those things that will

happen to anyone from time to time. Hope he gets those type games out of his

system by the time the regular season opens.

Hawks hit around 75% of their free throws. Not bad. Not great either.

Both teams were going for the win in the 4th quarter. Almost like a regular season

game. Nice to see Acie hit that 3 point shot late. Announcer said, "He's done it to

the Bobcats again!"

Inside game wasn't there most of the time but the outside shooting bailed us out.

If hawks can continue that kind of shooting AND improve inside ofensive game, we

might be on to something this season.

GO HAWKS!!!

• Premium Member
Where was J Smith tonight? He didn't show up - Just one of those things that will

happen to anyone from time to time.

No this happens when he is asked to play small forward. He just does not have the same impact at that position. So hopefully educated Hawk fans will stop proposing line-ups with Josh Smith at Small forward!

Edited by Peoriabird

No this happens when he is asked to play small forward. He just does not have the same impact at that position. So hopefully educated Hawk fans will stop proposing line-ups with Josh Smith at Small forward!

Well PB...I was a JS at 3 guy before....but I think you are right. (grgrgr - gnashing of teeth).

min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a off def tot ast pf st to bs pts

27:41 5-11 2-4 2-2 1 2 3 5 3 0 1 0 14

Those stats don't look bad at all to me. First game in a week against starters. Bibby is the starter and with good reason.

before the last 3 minutes where he hit a 3, a lay-up, a 19 foot jumper and 2 FT's he was 2-8 with 5 points.Bibby was doing nothing the whole time he was out there,his seniority is the only reason he's starting. He doesn't do anything to create for anybody, Acie was driving and setting up guys nicely but they missed the shot a few times,he should have taken more shots but the ones he did,he made count.

Edited by Cwell

I wouldn't get too high on Flip Murray. He has a well deserved reputation as an inefficient gunner who doesn't pass much.

Granted he may tone his act down but there is a reason we were able to get him cheap.

Exactly what I was going to say. Flip is not that good, he's just played well in a few preseason games.

I wouldn't get to up or down on any players during preseason, especially not a vet like Bibby.

before the last 3 minutes where he hit a 3, a lay-up, a 19 foot jumper and 2 FT's he was 2-8 with 5 points.Bibby was doing nothing the whole time he was out there,his seniority is the only reason he's starting. He doesn't do anything to create for anybody, Acie was driving and setting up guys nicely but they missed the shot a few times,he should have taken more shots but the ones he did,he made count.

Yeah . . . but he scored those 9 points in the 4th quarter . . in a 2 minute span. That's what Bibby does. He's a streaky/volume scorer.

Acie is playing very well in the preseason. Shooting 52% FG . . 60% 3FG . . and has over a 2 to 1 turnover ratio ( would like to see that at 3 to 1 ). Let's just hope this is the version of Law that we'll see once the season starts.

But Bibby is the vet, and he'll get the benefit of the doubt for now. But if he stinks it up, he'll quickly find himself splitting time in a 3-headed PG situation, with Law and Murray. It'll be much like what Woody was doing back last November, when he would start AJ . . play Law in the middle . . and let Lue finish games.

But Law and Murray are positioning themselves right now, to possibly see time at the 2, and give JJ additional rest.

Law is playing well and Bibby, not so much but Bibby should still be our starting PG when the season begins. Dont make too much judgement from a few preseason games. Shooting is not a tie...Bibby is the better shooter and passer. But Law is definitely the better defender. He should get the backup point guard spot tho and if Bibby gets injured, he should start.

Flip could back up both Bibby and JJ and I think he is a steal too! Kid can play..just happens that ppl dont seem to like undersized scoring SGs like Ben Gordon and Flip. but hey, we need scoring of the bench and veterans on this team and luckily we got both by signing Flip. I liked the signing and I love it now! Evans was a good pick up too...

I still think Hawks need a better big man rotation to be a complete team. Randolph Morris just isnt gonna be that guy..he aint gonna provide much help other than just being a big body for us.

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

• Premium Member
Well PB...I was a JS at 3 guy before....but I think you are right. (grgrgr - gnashing of teeth).

Has anybody showed JSmoove playing good at PF this preseason??

9 big points as PF game 1

18 points at PF game 2.

12 points at PF game 3.

16 points at PF game 4

11 points as SF game 5.

Those are the games we have played so far with the exception of the last one where he played 15 minutes. And was in foul trouble the whole game. I say we wait and see.

18 points at PF game 2.

12 points at PF game 3.

16 points at PF game 4

11 points as SF game 5.

Those are the games we have played so far with the exception of the last one where he played 15 minutes. And was in foul trouble the whole game. I say we wait and see.

Wait and see is fine Diesel; but Smoove did avg 17 ppg starting at PF last season. I would hedge my bet toward PF; if I was a betting man...

Yea, we should just cut him....Bibby is going to be fine.

We finally have two solid PG's and we still find something to bitch about.

Excactly. I'm sure if you add up both Bibby and Law's stats this season they will dominate that cluster f*ck of a PG position we had at the start of last year.

18 points at PF game 2.

12 points at PF game 3.

16 points at PF game 4

11 points as SF game 5.

Wasn't he our leading scorer through that period? If so would that mean he played better at PF than anyone else did at any position on our team?