• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is the most bi-polar group of fans I swear

Admin

We all love this team but why in the world do some of you get so down after 1 bad game to the point where even I hate coming on here to read the threads? You'd think that we were the worst team in the league with some of the things I've read today about our loss last night. Yeah it sucked that we lost but we've played 3 games in 4 nights in 4 different cities ... and we're about to add another game in another night in another city to that tonight and during that entire time we've been shorthanded by missing our 2nd best player.

If we win tonight, great. If we lose tonight, no biggie. It's a long season and it makes no sense to let one close loss on the road get you so down.

We all love this team but why in the world do some of you get so down after 1 bad game to the point where even I hate coming on here to read the threads? You'd think that we were the worst team in the league with some of the things I've read today about our loss last night. Yeah it sucked that we lost but we've played 3 games in 4 nights in 4 different cities ... and we're about to add another game in another night in another city to that tonight and during that entire time we've been shorthanded by missing our 2nd best player.

If we win tonight, great. If we lose tonight, no biggie. It's a long season and it makes no sense to let one close loss on the road get you so down.

It's not just about last night's loss. The defense has been going down for a while. Sure Josh is out, but other people got to pick up the slack. That's what good teams do. This team without Josh should still be able to hold teams to around 97 or 98 PPG. The only downright bad defender is Bibby and his D hasn't been as bad as it was the second half of last season.

No, the Hawks aren't going to play great defense without Josh, but they've got to man up and play respectable on that side of the ball.

It's not just about last night's loss. The defense has been going down for a while. Sure Josh is out, but other people got to pick up the slack. That's what good teams do. This team without Josh should still be able to hold teams to around 97 or 98 PPG. The only downright bad defender is Bibby and his D hasn't been as bad as it was the second half of last season.

No, the Hawks aren't going to play great defense without Josh, but they've got to man up and play respectable on that side of the ball.

What do you mean the D has been going down for awhile?? We have only played 8 games!!!!

We have no Smoove, we all know that. But when your best, your defender goes down of course the D is going to suffer.

Bibby is old and he cant hang with younger and quicker guards so maybe Woody needs to address that as far as match ups.

Good teams find different ways to win, with or without certain players in their lineup.

I agree with Dolfan, people act like we are supposed to win 70 games or something. We are going to lose all teams do. But at least we are in every lost so far.

lets go hawks

The negativity really sucks. The nets only won the game because several of their players played above their heads all at the same time. Devin Harris was hitting jumpers all over the place, and Brook Lopez was playing like Tim Duncan. I do not think they played well because of the Hawks not playing adequate defense. I think they just happened to play really well. Unfortunately for the Hawks they did so at the same time, and in last nights game. I Predict the Hawks will beat the shite out of them tonight.

I think we all knew the hawks weren't going to go undefeated this season, but if someone had told you they would start the season at 6 - 2 with this brutal schedule... I don't think too many people would have been disappointed.

The Hawks are GOOD.

• Premium Member

Now this is the dolfan I want to see more often! Now do you understand what I was talking about? I predicted this in a previous thread. I knew as soon as we lost a game no matter what the circumstances were, the wolves would come out! We could lose to the lakers at the end of a 10 western road trip missing all 5 starter and the board still wouldn't understand. But it is what it is!

The negativity really sucks. The nets only won the game because several of their players played above their heads all at the same time. Devin Harris was hitting jumpers all over the place, and Brook Lopez was playing like Tim Duncan. I do not think they played well because of the Hawks not playing adequate defense. I think they just happened to play really well. Unfortunately for the Hawks they did so at the same time, and in last nights game. I Predict the Hawks will beat the shite out of them tonight.

I think we all knew the hawks weren't going to go undefeated this season, but if someone had told you they would start the season at 6 - 2 with this brutal schedule... I don't think too many people would have been disappointed.

The Hawks are GOOD.

I take back everything I said... The Hawks still suck

The one thing you can count on on an internet message board is over-reaction and hyperbole.

When we were winning (and losing to Boston) we didn't need Josh, we were the best team in the east, Al was a reincarnation of Karl Malone mixed with Tim Duncan, Marv was on his way to proving the people who wanted Paul wrong, Woody was smarter than Paul Krugman, etc....

Now, the team is tragically undersized and probably won't win a single game until we get Chris Kaman (or at least the 6'9 Antonio McDyess...), Joe isn't as good as Carter, Bibby is a step away from retiring, Al is Shelden 2.0, Woody could coach a bird to fly, etc.

Its hard to judge this team without Josh or Joe. They are the anchors of our D or offense respectively and we are a completely different team without them.

When Josh gets back, we'll get better on D and we'll still be frustrated about his stupid shots but for now, yeah, he's a savior.

This happens with every team in every sport. There will always be people who get too high and too low following each game.

I am going to give the team at least 20 games to see how things shake down. That being said, I am not a huge fan of the fact that the team has been built around jump shooting without the required post scorer that is needed for that type of system to work consistently in the playoffs.

Hawks defense HAS gone down. Woody himself said so. Much of this was caused

by Josh being out. Then, add Zaza and it gets worse.

You can't pull the plow if you lose your horses.

Then, on top of all that, Hawks have been on the road, playing a lot of games with

no time to practice. No practice plus being road weary catches up with the Hawks.

Sure, it's tough to lose 3 in a row. Winning 6 in a row was great! The overall

record of 6-3 is better than most expected, but when 6 wins pop up, everyone

thought WOW and the 3 loses kinda sticks a pin in our balloon.

I'm sure everyone is hoping we can get back on track now that we've had a couple

of days rest and a practice session.

Hey, it's a bi-polar team. :)

Getting Josh and Zaza back will help.

Zaza is part of the reason why the defense sucks. Horford and Solo are the only bigs that can rebound and play a lick of defense when Josh is out. The reason they suck now is because those two don't get time on the court together that much. Woody likes to play small ball with Marvin at the 4.

Actually, what I am seeing is the base of a rabid fan-base. Live in cities like Philly, NY, and Boston and this is EXACTLY what they do.

I swear if the Red Sox had a live call-in radio show while a game was going on, you'd have people bitching about every pitch. As is, even when the Sox were going for thier WS win, fans were still calling in to shows and bitching and moaning about little stuff.

When the Sox were loosing or out of contention in late August/September the talk show guys didn't have to do a thing, all they did was open the phone lines and people would talk the whole day about how awful the Sox are.

In terms of the Hawks, I am starting to see/hear the same things. FWIW, this seems to be the way that fan bases are built.

By the by, Woody can't teach a bird to fly and he is the WORST coach in the NBA

:beathorse:

Actually, what I am seeing is the base of a rabid fan-base. Live in cities like Philly, NY, and Boston and this is EXACTLY what they do.

I swear if the Red Sox had a live call-in radio show while a game was going on, you'd have people bitching about every pitch. As is, even when the Sox were going for thier WS win, fans were still calling in to shows and bitching and moaning about little stuff.

When the Sox were loosing or out of contention in late August/September the talk show guys didn't have to do a thing, all they did was open the phone lines and people would talk the whole day about how awful the Sox are.

In terms of the Hawks, I am starting to see/hear the same things. FWIW, this seems to be the way that fan bases are built.

By the by, Woody can't teach a bird to fly and he is the WORST coach in the NBA

:beathorse:

One of the best posts I've read on here. Just because a fan "bitches" about their team, doesn't make them any less of a fan. All of the elite team's "fan's" act the same way. It's called PASSION!!!

Now Diesel complaining about Marvin is a whole other issue that does need professional help.

Edited by Dsinner