• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Just bought a 360.

capstone21

• Premium Member
Any recommendations for games?

It really depends what your looking for.

I got one last summer and so far the games I own are Ninja Gaiden II (My favorite, but a tough as nails game that is reserved mostly for the hardcore gamers), Bioshock (Highly recommended to anyone) Mass Effect (Are you into RPGs?, if so this game is an inmediate buy.), and NBA2k9 (best Basketball game around IMO).

Definitely get 2k9

The (5-on-5) Team Up mode, online leagues, Living Rosters (updates rosters, injuries, lineups, and player attributes), and the new Association mode (season mode) really make it worth getting...And now that they've patched the gameplay, it's the most realistic basketball game ever....

I suggest you experience the Halo games. If you had an xbox then you probably played the first two. If not get the trilogy its worth it. Also, if you like shooters grab GRAW I and II. Also, if you like RPG's get KOTOR I and II. Of course GTA IV. It's tough making recommendations without knowing your taste. Just go to market place on Live and download the demos that look interesting. Best way to make a sure fire purchasing choice.

I'm thinking about getting an XBox or PS3, what's the difference?

I'd probably just play GTA IV, Madden, and 2K9.

Biggest difference is the Blu Ray for PS3 and Live for the 360. If you want to play against other folks you get more people and a better setup with the 360. If you want to watch movies when your not playing games the PS3 has the Blue ray player. If you're into HD and best picture possible that would be the route to go.

It depends on what type of games you want. I think it's safe to say that you'll find yourself having a lot of fun with Grand Theft Auto IV.

NBA 2k9 online is a lot worse than people think. It's very laggy, glitchy, and the 2K Sports company seems like they're starting to not give a s*** about some of their games. (EA Syndrome).

I haven't played a lot of 360 in a while due to the lack of time to really do much, but yeah... Grand Theft Auto IV is a fun game to play, and NBA 2k9 is fun, but don't expect great online gameplay.

Must play: I got the 360 for these games

Ninja Gaiden 2 -action

Gears of War I or/and II -3rd person shooter

RPG:

Tales of Vesperia -action rpg; no random battles

Fable II - good but there are some glitches

Mass effect - shooter rpg

Prince of Persia - Haven't played yet but heard it's phenomenal.

Go to gamespot.com and check out the highest rated game (there's a list) and check the user ratings.

Edited by DeerPark

My favorite online games:

Call of Duty 4

GTA 4

Left4Dead (current)

Single Player

GTA4

Oblivion/Fallout3 (medieval vs post nuclear fallout)

NBA2k series, havent played 2k9, but played the crap out of 2k8 and 2k7

Forza2

Theres a ton of games that are good, i tend to rotate games in/out depending on what my friends are playing currently.

Mass Effect is far and away my favorite

Others that I like:

NBA 2k8 (hope 9 on the 25th)

Fable II (my wife loves this game. Me, I could take it or leave it)

Gears of War (fun game)

Madden series

Forza 2

Just my take

Keep the company's phone number handy.

Oh, and you have my pity. :angel19:

come on man don't be a fan boy. the newest 360's have not been an issue. and Microsoft has a really quick turn around on any machine that does fail. so kill the hyperbole and let the guy enjoy his purchase.

I think hotlanta has personally had some pretty bad experiences with microsoft and the 360 system.

... and he's hotlanta, asking him to kill the hyperbole and let someone enjoy something they like is like asking cows now to moo and give milk.

I love the guy though, he keeps thing fun around here.

come on man don't be a fan boy. the newest 360's have not been an issue. and Microsoft has a really quick turn around on any machine that does fail. so kill the hyperbole and let the guy enjoy his purchase.

Hyperhole?

The 360's systems have broken at a really high rate. Just ask around. If anything, I was once a 360 fanboy. Although I also owned a PS2.... But Microsoft is a garbage company. A cheap company. Their system screwed up my game and they refused to place it. Their best advice was: Go buy another copy. The last system they fixed... Well they sent me back one that will not even play DVD's. Now I got to send it back in again. It will play region free DVD's... So it's obviously not a US 360.

I was a Microsoft defender... Not anymore.

Edited by Hotlanta1981