• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Joe have a B. Roy like perfomance tonight?

Blunt91

I am pretty sure most you know by now Brandon Roy had a great performance last night against the suns. Golden State is a similar team to the Suns except their 3 point shooting is probably better, but they don't play defense. Can Joe come out and drop at least 40pts on the warriors? Seems like Joe would be fired up after chocking at the free throw line. Hopefully Golden State decides not to double team Joe like the celtics did wednesday night. Without any double and triple teams Joe should be able to put up big numbers just like Roy did last night.

Roy dropped 52 last night in a big win over the Suns !

I would love to see JJ get hot and score 40 or so.

What would make me even happier is for Marvin to step up and score 30. I would love to see Marvin get some more iso's plays early in games. With his jumper and driving ability he just needs to continue to be pushed.

Give defenses more to game plan around them stopping JJ. Marvin, make them fear you too ! Get to the rim and take it right to Bedrinas. Get that man in foul trouble.

We should break 120 points tonight !

Brandon Roy is a beast! He should be on our team right now. How the heck could BK screw that one up?

Possibly because he believed the team doctors who told him that Roy was a huge injury risk? BK told us before the draft (I believe) that there was a player in the top 5 that had an injury concern and it's pretty much a given that the player was Roy.

Reminds me of a few years ago when both Daunte Culpepper and Drew Brees were coming off of major injuries (Daunte with the knee and Brees with the shoulder) and the Dolphins team doctors said that Brees would never be the same and that Culpepper would fully recover so the Dolphins traded for Culpepper instead of just signing Brees as a FA and look how that's turned out.

• Premium Member
Possibly because he believed the team doctors who told him that Roy was a huge injury risk? BK told us before the draft (I believe) that there was a player in the top 5 that had an injury concern and it's pretty much a given that the player was Roy.

Reminds me of a few years ago when both Daunte Culpepper and Drew Brees were coming off of major injuries (Daunte with the knee and Brees with the shoulder) and the Dolphins team doctors said that Brees would never be the same and that Culpepper would fully recover so the Dolphins traded for Culpepper instead of just signing Brees as a FA and look how that's turned out.

Yeah I agree. Those things can be hard to predict. Maybe we just over thought the process. Roy was simply too polished a player coming out of college to pass him up. How could BK see so much in JJ(and be right on the money), and yet fail to see how much potential a guy like Roy had? Add to that the fact that we actually guaranteed Shelden that we'd snag him with the 5th pick! BK had his good moments here but that has to be a lowlight in his career as a GM.

Interesting thought.

Can you imagine the havoc Miami would be wreaking with Brees at QB, breakinga former Dolphin's passing record?

Yeah I agree. Those things can be hard to predict. Maybe we just over thought the process. Roy was simply too polished a player coming out of college to pass him up. How could BK see so much in JJ(and be right on the money), and yet fail to see how much potential a guy like Roy had? Add to that the fact that we actually guaranteed Shelden that we'd snag him with the 5th pick! BK had his good moments here but that has to be a lowlight in his career as a GM.

I'm confident that BK knew what Roy would be, but he may have had a mandate from above that we weren't going to spend a high draft pick (and the dollars) on a guy that our medical staff said no to.

Regarding the Shelden guarantee, I know that's been widely speculated and it could be completely accurate, but we'll probably never know whether we really did guarantee that we'll pick him. Looking back he was clearly a bad pick but at the time we needed a guy to play in the paint that could rebound and block shots and that could play immediately and that's what Shelden was supposed to be. I completely understand the logic of the pick, it just didn't work out for us ... although it did enable us to get Bibby so it wasn't a completely blown pick.

Interesting thought.

Can you imagine the havoc Miami would be wreaking with Brees at QB, breakinga former Dolphin's passing record?

He would have never broken those records in Miami since we haven't had the WRs or TEs or the opened up offense that he's had in New Orleans, but I can assure you any Dolfan would be thrilled to see a Dolphin QB breaking Marino's records!

He would have never broken those records in Miami since we haven't had the WRs or TEs or the opened up offense that he's had in New Orleans, but I can assure you any Dolfan would be thrilled to see a Dolphin QB breaking Marino's records!

Well, look at it this way...

Colston has been hurt all year. Shockey has put up crap.

Fasano, Camarillo, Ginn Jr and Brown I think would be equal to the Saints corps if Brees was at the helm.

I'll say this, I'm suprised that Joe's career high in scoring is only 42. Granted, he's not good enough at getting to the line to be a 30ppg scorer for a season, but there are a lot of guys that drop 50+ because they heat up for one night. Crawford did it and he's a better shooter/scorer than Jamal...

Anyway, I'd hope that we can put GSW away early enough that we don't need that. I'd also hope that Woody has used the day off to come up with a better game plan than "iso Joe and have Horford 15 feet from the hoop and Josh rotate to the three point line" against a team that has no tough interior defenders.

I mean seriously, this board is always talking about how badly we need interior defenders after a nobody like Brooke Lopez has a career game against us, why can't we ever exploit an opportunity to go after bean poles like Biedrins and Wright?

• Premium Member
Brandon Roy is a beast! He should be on our team right now. How the heck could BK screw that one up?

10 Reasons why we didn't pick Roy....

10. Roy had a injury history.

9. We needed Frontcourt help.

8. Joe Johnson's agent made a deal for us to take Shelden.

7. We already had Joe Johnson.

6. Roy is not a Point Guard.

5. BK had picked nothing but Sf and Swingmen his first 3 years in the draft.

4. Because of the Johnson trade, we didn't expect to have a draft pick the next year.

3. Roy's agent is also JJ's agent and also Shelden's agent and had made a deal with PTL.

2. Roy Snubbed us twice.

1. Roy Snubbed us twice.

Joe wll never score 50 because he doesn't get to the line enough. He has all the ability in the world, but he just doesn't take full advantage. It's the most frustrating thing about him.

yeah he avoids the contact and doesn't drive all the way alot.

Joe wll never score 50 because he doesn't get to the line enough. He has all the ability in the world, but he just doesn't take full advantage. It's the most frustrating thing about him.

It's because he's torn between being a pg and a scorer. I just wish he would pound less and move without the ball more. Of course we would need a coach to make that happen, so...

It's because he's torn between being a pg and a scorer. I just wish he would pound less and move without the ball more. Of course we would need a coach to make that happen, so...

yeah he'd be killer off the ball like a SG should be and like he was in Pheonix. Too bad Woody can't coach,funny how he does nothing that a coach is supposed to do yet people defend him and think he's better than other coaches. They put it all on the players,just like Woody the joke does himself.