• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can You Say Trap Game?

khaos7

Sac Newspaper

This is not a game for the Hawks to revert back to their old ways. We need to impose our will on this team early. I forgot we only beat these cats by 5 points...after the trade....when we last played them. We can't play down to their level. We played down to Indiana's level in the first half of that game. Let's not mess around. Let's beat them and send them on their merry way.

this would be a mouse trap game. If Acie Law plays less than 30 minutes, and JJ plays more than 35 minutes in this game, I'd be roally pissed. The only way this game is close is if we start shooting from outside all night long. Kings should be trying to get the #1 pick.

• Premium Member
Sac Newspaper

This is not a game for the Hawks to revert back to their old ways. We need to impose our will on this team early. I forgot we only beat these cats by 5 points...after the trade....when we last played them. We can't play down to their level. We played down to Indiana's level in the first half of that game. Let's not mess around. Let's beat them and send them on their merry way.

The Pacers were a trap game too. I'm just glad the team seems to be aware of these type games now. We clamped down against the Pacers and I expect the same thing tonite. These games are MUST wins if we are to get to 50 wins this season.

I agree, pure trap game.

Being aggressive and hitting the boards early will tell us if the Hawks are focused on the game or not.

If the Hawks starters come out flat, Rio needs some early minutes to get the team going. That cat is the energizer for the team.

this would be a mouse trap game. If Acie Law plays less than 30 minutes, and JJ plays more than 35 minutes in this game, I'd be roally pissed. The only way this game is close is if we start shooting from outside all night long. Kings should be trying to get the #1 pick.

Asking for Acie to get extended minutes on a Woody coached team may be asking too much. If we throw up a bunch of jumpers and leave guys like Noceni unguarded behind the arc (as we've been prone to do) this game can be more interesting than it should be. I wouldn't play around with these guys. I'd treat them the way we were accustomed to being treated when we were at the bottom of the heap: toy with them and blow'em out of the water. Some of the good will the team gained in the past few games would be lost if we lost to this team. Don't let Kevin Martin become the second coming of Oscar Robinson!

I agree, pure trap game.

Being aggressive and hitting the boards early will tell us if the Hawks are focused on the game or not.

If the Hawks starters come out flat, Rio needs some early minutes to get the team going. That cat is the energizer for the team.

I agree. No excuse for us not to crash the boards. The only way this team outrebounds us is if we don't hustle. Plain and simple.

Sacto might be the worst team in the league but bad teams occasionally beat good teams, witness the Clippers blowing us out on our home court.

Like yall said, the way to win is to dominate the glass (they have the size, but we have the toughness/athleticism). I also think that this is a game where we should definitely base the offense more around post play and the pick and roll. Josh has become a pretty solid post player and I'm pretty confident he'll be able to get the the hoop against whoever the Kings throw at him. Since the Kings front line is young and less physically developed, I'd like to see Al scoring a lot off of offensive boards. From there we should let our shooters get their fill.

This shouldn't be a trap game. Sacramento should never dream of beating us, especially on our court.

That said, they did take the Cavs to OT and beat Denver recently. Bobby Jackson played well in both of those games and he's out tonight. This would be an epic choke by the Hawks with the way they have been playing.

Sacto might be the worst team in the league but bad teams occasionally beat good teams, witness the Clippers blowing us out on our home court.

Clippers were scorching hot when they played us. Everybody knew that game was going to be hard. Davis played like a superstar, and Nique was saying Clips have one of the best starting five in the NBA when they are healthy.

Kings on the other hand, neither have the talent nor have the momentum.

Clippers were scorching hot when they played us. Everybody knew that game was going to be hard. Davis played like a superstar, and Nique was saying Clips have one of the best starting five in the NBA when they are healthy.

Kings on the other hand, neither have the talent nor have the momentum.

Well that makes me respect his commentary skills even less. They have a roster with some decent players, but not one of the best starting fives in the NBA. Davis was 13-8 that game... solid, but not at all "like a superstar".

The Clippers suck, they are 4-11 since then. They're "momentum" before the win against us consisted of a win against Memphis proceeded by 7 consecutive losses. Like the Kings, the Clippers sucked then as they suck now. We took them too easy and they got hot.

Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Zach Randolph, and Marcus Camby all healthy are capable of being a pretty explosive team. Throw Chris Kaman into the mix and even better.

That doesn't excuse what happened, but if you catch them on the wrong night you're in trouble.

Well that makes me respect his commentary skills even less. They have a roster with some decent players, but not one of the best starting fives in the NBA. Davis was 13-8 that game... solid, but not at all "like a superstar".

The Clippers suck, they are 4-11 since then. They're "momentum" before the win against us consisted of a win against Memphis proceeded by 7 consecutive losses. Like the Kings, the Clippers sucked then as they suck now. We took them too easy and they got hot.

You are right. I was thinking about last year's game when Davis played like a superstar (Golden State).

LAC starting lineup Davis+Gordon+Thornton+Randolph+Camby is quite potent though, and far more superior to the Kings. Its a balanced starting line-up when they are not injured. Camby+Randolph are excellent Offensive Defensive combo. Davis's size makes him a perfect match to play with Gordon.

We lose this game and I'll be crying into my Guinness.

Sacramento is 0-26 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season. Please don't let us be the 1.

I do expect us to come out with our trademarked sluggish start, but there's still no reason for this one to be close in the 2nd half.

We need to come out like we did against Portland on the defensive end. Establish Horf and SMoove in the paint early and get them involved.

This is the NBA and anyone can lose to anyone any given night.

• Premium Member
They caught Joe for 3 and 3/4 quarters.

Other than the first quarter and parts of the third, absolutely stomped them. Great win tonight, let's keep this home streak going.

Did you see their coach (Natt) during the timeout just before Joe went in. Joe had just scored on their entire team for about the 4th time in a row (on the floater) and the coach threw his hands up in disgust and called a time out. That was one pissed off dude!!!