• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yeah we lost, but how about Smoove?

MrRyda

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, the Hawks are 0-6 over the last two seasons when Josh scores 30. Not sure what it is.

That is a [barkley]turrible[/barkley] stat.

Even still, I was definitely impressed with the way Smoove played. Some of the shots and dunks that he was making was flatout ridiculous. Even though Joe and Al decided not to help out (seriously, what's wrong with those two? They've been AWFUL lately), Smoove was basically carrying the team.

Oh well. On to Boston.

Seriously, the Hawks are 0-6 over the last two seasons when Josh scores 30. Not sure what it is.

Even though the stat are not in his favor, you have to like the WAY smoove play today (outside of those 3's). Inside moves, attacking the rim, moving without the ball, help def, and rebounding were all exciting to see out of him. Bring that bag of trick to every game and you will reach the next level young man. Great game!

Now, do it in a win.

I don't think I can ever remember Smith taking over a game offensively the way he did last night and not only that but he was competing on the defensive end as well. I thought we had the game in the bag when he was on that (what was it?) 13 consecutive makes streak and everyone else was hitting and then Theo (really?) comes in and they turn up the D and we were stoned.

I'm very disappointed in the loss last night but I was encouraged by Smith's play for sure.

33 points include 3/3 from 3, and 4/4 from the line?! From Smoove? Our Smoove?!

He deserves props for sure.

It just sucks that when Smith shows up.............Horford dissapears on offense. Horford was solid on defense, foul trouble just got him in trouble more then aything.

He was hitting FTs and 3's ! Whats going on ? He should take note of what got him going before he started hitting the 3's.

Smith should take notice how he played. He was scoring on the break and hanging out on the baseline about 10 - 12 feet from the rim (like Chillz used to alwayse do) for drive and kicks to him.............to bad our starting PG cannot drive the ball in the paint to make this a offensive go - to set...............Would be perfect for Law and Flip to execute on a regular basis though.

He was also trying to post up the smaller T. Young in the paint during the 1st quarter. That is good recognition by the team and or coach to go to the mismatch in the post early in the game.

Yea Dude, Smoove had a great game. I think Joe and Bibby were so shocked that they couldn't do anything. Ha.

I think we could have had this win if we didn't turn the ball over so many times. It was painful to watch... and were was the D in the first half?

Seems like we lose when he has big scoring games.

Usually when he scores a lot its because Joe is off. When Joe is off, the rest of the team often has trouble because we have a Joe-centric offense except for Smith who doesn't get his points off of Joe.

You know Smoove was having a good day when he was 3/3 from 3 pt range. My biggest fear, however, is that he begins to believe that he's actually a legitmiate 3-pt shooter. That, he is not. He just had a terrific night, that's all.

Smoove IS A 25% LIFETIME 3 POINT SHOOTER!!!! Why is he still taking 3's?????

Now because he got lucky and went 3 for 3, you can expect to see him heave up more

bricks the next few games. Mark my words!!!

Even though the stat are not in his favor, you have to like the WAY smoove play today (outside of those 3's). Inside moves, attacking the rim, moving without the ball, help def, and rebounding were all exciting to see out of him. Bring that bag of trick to every game and you will reach the next level young man. Great game!

Now, do it in a win.

I'm not knocking Smith at all, it's just weird.

Smoove IS A 25% LIFETIME 3 POINT SHOOTER!!!! Why is he still taking 3's?????

Now because he got lucky and went 3 for 3, you can expect to see him heave up more

bricks the next few games. Mark my words!!!

He's taking three's because he always has. He's never been coached or been instructed not to. It doesn't matter if he was 3-3 last night, or 7-7, or 0-8, he's still going to be shooting three's next game no matter what. We've seen it all year, and year's past. Obviously Woody is ok with him jacking three's, and if he's not, than he has no discipline whatsoever. Which very well could be...

He's taking three's because he always has. He's never been coached or been instructed not to. It doesn't matter if he was 3-3 last night, or 7-7, or 0-8, he's still going to be shooting three's next game no matter what. We've seen it all year, and year's past. Obviously Woody is ok with him jacking three's, and if he's not, than he has no discipline whatsoever. Which very well could be...

Can you also tell me what the upcoming winning lottery numbers are going to be? Send them via PM though I don't want anyone else knowing them ;)

I highly doubt that he has never been coached or instructed not to. I'd bet my salary that at the bare minimum his dad has mentioned it to him on numerous occasions.

IMO the way that Smith is coached is that he is given room to freelance in the offense and our coaches allow it for 2 reasons:

1. We really don't have an offensive system so it's not like he's not playing within the system.

2. When he is allowed to freelance and not feel controlled he tends to be more aggressive in rebounding and shot blocking.