• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Resist the temptation to overanalyze this loss.

mrhonline

If the Hawks were a good road team it would seem easier to disgust that Miami simply will not keep up this shooting. A home they might not have to. The Hawks can't do anything consistent on offense AT HOME. How can you believe they will do so in Miami? These are not the SA Spurs. A team that has proven themselves over and over again. This is a team that was 10 games under .500 on the road.

If this game was in Miami.... The Hawks lose by 25 or more. I knew this teams bad FT shooting would comeback to haunt them. If you look over these two games, the Hawks haven't done anything besides take advantage of their athletic ability. As I've said many of times, that's all they can count on. People think they shoot the 3 well.... But they don't do it aswell as people make out. None of Bibby, Joe or Flip are consistent at shooting the three.

Joe is lacking something... That something Tmac lacked. He just not the guy you want as your leader and leading scorer. He just doesn't have "IT" to lead the team to places. It's a continuation of Joe's mediocre season in which he has shot poorly.

Lastly, Wade is a good defender, but he is 6'4 and Joe is 6'8. Loe draws double teams, but lots of scorers draw double teams. If Joe can be shutdown by double teams this way, then what's the real point of paying him like a superstar?

Blah, blah, blah... It's one game Notlanta... One game... Shoulda known you'd come back out... We lost, the sky is falling.... The Heat shot lights out, we didn't... Enough said...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for fun.... and yes, I know this isn't the whole story.

The Hawks

Field Goals: 44.2% with 34 of 77

Free Throw: 63.3% with 19 of 30

The Heat

Field Goals: 55.6% with 40 of 72

Free Throws: 72.2% with 13 of 18

Ignoring 3 pointers...

1) If the Hawks had matched the Heat field goal % they would have made about 43 FG's which would have given them 19 additional points.

2) If the Hawks had matched the Heat free throw % they would have made about 22 FT's which would have given them 3 additional points.

IF the Hawks had matched the Heat's scoring in these to catagories the final score would be 115 to 108. Hawks win.

Blah, blah, blah... It's one game Notlanta... One game... Shoulda known you'd come back out... We lost, the sky is falling.... The Heat shot lights out, we didn't... Enough said...

If Joe is lacking something, the "it" factor according to Hotlanta...I surely would like to know what "it" is. If "it" is simply not having the capability to lead this team to "places"..then this organization has never had an "it" player. I've been following the Hawks for thirty years, we've never been to "places"...if places is referring to the Finals.

I'd like to see a list of the current players in this league that are "it" players. My gut tells me the list is short....and getting a player with "it" capabilities is not an option for the Hawks.

Joe Johnson played terrible. Ok. It happens. Let's scrap it, get rid of a three time all star because he was a contributing factor to one loss in the first round of a best of seven game series????

Joe's going to bounce back, and lead the Hawks past the Heat. Then everyone will be back on the Joe Johnson bandwagon.

It's two games into the playoffs! It's amazing, after one win, we're playing the Lakers in the finals around here. We lose one game, now it's time to trade Joe Johnson. How is that possible?

If Joe is lacking something, the "it" factor according to Hotlanta...I surely would like to know what "it" is. If "it" is simply not having the capability to lead this team to "places"..then this organization has never had an "it" player. I've been following the Hawks for thirty years, we've never been to "places"...if places is referring to the Finals.

I'd like to see a list of the current players in this league that are "it" players. My gut tells me the list is short....and getting a player with "it" capabilities is not an option for the Hawks.

Joe Johnson played terrible. Ok. It happens. Let's scrap it, get rid of a three time all star because he was a contributing factor to one loss in the first round of a best of seven game series????

Joe's going to bounce back, and lead the Hawks past the Heat. Then everyone will be back on the Joe Johnson bandwagon.

It's two games into the playoffs! It's amazing, after one win, we're playing the Lakers in the finals around here. We lose one game, now it's time to trade Joe Johnson. How is that possible?

Because we have a lot of fairweather fans on here... And their leader is Notlanta... And, I agree... Joe will be back... I will say that I LOVED when Smoove threw Magloire down after the hard foul on Flip... Then the guy had the nerve to tell the ref "that was all ball"...

Edited by TheTrueSiete

honestly, i knew the hawks would lose this game 9 minutes in. there was no bounce in their step. even the fans were flat. everytime i'm watching a hawks game and i say to myself "these boys aint come to play no ball tonight" the hawks lose. and i said it last night. i don't think there is a good team in the league that shows whether they are going to win or lose more quickly or obvious than the hawks. i went to sleep right after halftime knowing that when i checked to score in the morning it would be heat 104 hawks 87. I was pretty damn close. they didn't come to play ball. it sometimes makes me wonder how much and how hard our players party and drink during the season. sometimes they look like their suffering from hangovers. believe me, i would know.

The game could have been ours on several different moments, but we never took advantage. They kept hitting and we simply couldn't. We couldn't capitalize . . . . we HAVE TO correct that in one game in Miami. 2-2 back in Phillips

We are going to be underdogs both games in Miami. Meaning Miami should win both games at home. And I expect them to.

As for the JSmooooove quote about not playing with energy, WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU PAID MILLIONS FOR YOU IDIOT? THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO PLAY WITH ENERGY EVERY SECOND OF EVERY GAME NOW.

I mean this quote pisses me off more than anything in the world. I can't understand not playing with energy all the time even in the regular season when you have cemented your playoff spot. YOU ARE PAID AS A PRO ATHLETE TO PLAY HARD ALL THE TIME. This is the worst thing to say.

Tommorrow I'm going to put my head down on my desk and not work. Then Monday when my boss asks me about WTF was I doing I'm going to say "Boss I just didn't come out of the gate with any energy Friday". Next Friday I will look to turn it up from the start, going to work with more energy. And he's going to tell me to go the F home and get all the rest I want.

• Premium Member

Same guys probably said that Howard sucked because Orlando loss game 1 to Philly.

Same guys probably decided that Kobe Sucked because the Lakers were upended by the Celts last year.

blah blah blah.

Winning is more than just one player. It's a team effort. So is losing.

There is one thing that we know about this year's team. They are inconsistent. Just when they look like they can beat the entire NBA with one arm tied behind their back, they fall back down.

I took last night as the Heat getting increadibly hot. When a team starts just raining 3s its impossible to stay in the game, unless you get equally as hot. How many times does that happen?

Second, there are two ways to beat the Hawks. Have a quick, drive and dish PG OR, hit the open 3pt shot. Woodson's defense is designed to frustrate slashers and keep big men from having big games. This means the 3 point line isn't as well defended. Hey, you have to give up something in defense (good grief I'm defending Woodoson). The Heat did what they had to do last night. But ther is no way they shoot like that for the rest of the series. The stuff that Wade was hitting was impossible.

The Hawks just have to regroup, which they have shown they can do, and take it to Miami in game 3. I would really prefer the Hawks take game 3 as it will give the Heat a lot of confidence going into game 4, if the Heat win #3. Win 3, and the series momentum swings back to the Hawks.

Edited by frosgrim

I hate the loss because it's dumb to lose to an inferior team at home especially when I'm in attendance (I had a nice winning streak going), but I'm not that worried about it. If the Hawks shot decent from the FT line and Miami didn't have their best night from 3 we probably win.

JJ hasn't shot well the entire season. I don't picture him starting now. With the exception of about 2 months last season I would say his play the last 2 years hasn't match his reputation and pay grade.

We are going to be underdogs both games in Miami. Meaning Miami should win both games at home. And I expect them to.

As for the JSmooooove quote about not playing with energy, WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU PAID MILLIONS FOR YOU IDIOT? THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO PLAY WITH ENERGY EVERY SECOND OF EVERY GAME NOW.

I mean this quote pisses me off more than anything in the world. I can't understand not playing with energy all the time even in the regular season when you have cemented your playoff spot. YOU ARE PAID AS A PRO ATHLETE TO PLAY HARD ALL THE TIME. This is the worst thing to say.

Tommorrow I'm going to put my head down on my desk and not work. Then Monday when my boss asks me about WTF was I doing I'm going to say "Boss I just didn't come out of the gate with any energy Friday". Next Friday I will look to turn it up from the start, going to work with more energy. And he's going to tell me to go the F home and get all the rest I want.

Nailed it right on the head. Agree 100%.

If he can't find the energy why should the fans be jock sniffers?

JJ hasn't shot well the entire season. I don't picture him starting now. With the exception of about 2 months last season I would say his play the last 2 years hasn't match his reputation and pay grade.

Once again blind hatred from the fairweather fans... Joe had one bad month this year (a month in which he shot less than 40 percent from the field) and that was January... Get over that...

Once again blind hatred from the fairweather fans... Joe had one bad month this year (a month in which he shot less than 40 percent from the field) and that was January... Get over that...

The shooting has been crappy most of the time this season. Even in some of is higher scoring games he has basically had a 3 or 4 minute offense and totally off the mark the rest of game. He is one of the more streaky scorers in the league right now. He only shot 43% this year for a reason. He was off the mark a ton this year. But believe what you choose to believe.

Joe possibly shot the worst of the top 20 scorers this season other than Devin Harris. What makes the problem worse is that he rarely gets to the FT.

But I'm done talking about this game. They didn't do what they needed to win. That's how it is.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Sure are a lot of post to not be over analizing the lost

Dude this is Hawksquawk after a loss. A PLAYOFF loss at that. Of course there would be a 1000 more "sky is falling" posts than the "Sky is perfectly good where it is and it ain't falling no time soon" posts.

I happen to be apart of the latter.

Edited by LOL_Hawks

Nailed it right on the head. Agree 100%.

If he can't find the energy why should the fans be jock sniffers?

This is the thing that makes me wonder why I spend a second pulling for or watching a team. Half the time the excuse is simply "we didn't play with energy". It makes me madder than I can tell you.

The guys get to play the game they love to play for a living. And not only that, they get millions for doing it. How can there ever be a lack of energy unless you are sick? Even then for millions I would be out there playing with the flu. They would have to carry me off the court on a stretcher. I would feel like I owed it to my fans, whom I would go out of my way to make sure they understood how much I appreciated their loyalty.

But there is none of this. There is a feeling of entitlement. "Gimme my money and shutup" is the general feeling toward fans. It makes me want to puke.