• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged x 3: Next year...New coach ..new start...

PatheticATLfan

Woody will be gone after we lose this series. Who do you guys want as the next coach?? Also...who should we keep on this current roster. I think an effort has to be made to move some of these forwards that we have. Get a legitimate big man. Start there and build your team around that. We have never really had a legitimate big man in Atlanta. If Joe would accept a role that doesn't feature him as the go to man. He could stay. I mean lets face it. Jos is not really a superstar. He can score. He dissapears in big games or when teams really focus on shutting him down. If we felt Acie Law and Josh Smith are really worth keeping then keep them but Josh would have to accept a role as Garbage scorer rebounder and shot blocker. If he couldn't do that, asta la vista. Marvin, Bibby, Mo, Flip, Horford should all be traded for draft picks. This team needs re-tooled with a whole new look. Decide if you want to push the basketball or play the half court game. Establish some sort of identity. wheter it be physical tough or even bad -boy. Right now we are soft, cluless and shell shocked.

Here's to hoping we can be a GREAT basketball team again one day.

The Hawks need to really hit the market this offseason and shop for some guts.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we took Boston to 7 games but that was not what it really seemed to be. The Celts were never in danger in that series because we couldn't come within 15 points of them in Boston. Hell we couldn't even beat them this year and we were supposed to be better this year. One of those games, they didn't even have Garnett! At this stage of the game, this team should be better on the road. I'm not just blaming woody. We definitely have some players that i want to see gone. You said it yourself. Our xs and os suck. Who are you supposed to blame for that if not the coach?

This was obvious LAST YEAR.

Yup, that's the positive that probably will happen if we lose to Miami, we'd probably get a new coach.

I still think we beat Miami in six or seven.

I like our core but I won't mind if we lose Bibby or even Joe as long as they are properly replaced, much like Chillz was replaced. I wonder what we could get for Joe or even just for Joe's money?

I think some TV companies are paying SportSouth some money because they show Mike Woodson's face about 20 times, especially when we are getting blown out. And every one of those times, I want to break the screen.

They do that all the time. I think there's been only one time where I've seen Woodson without a "This team is gonna be the death of me." look and that's when Joe hit that one three back in Game 4 of the Celtics series last year and he did that emphatic double-fist pump.

Other than that, it's been Woodson face all day everyday. Makes me sad all day.

• Premium Member
easy to blame the coach. Hawks flat out got beat tonite. Heat came 2 play and we didnt. Joe Johnson was missing in action as well as Josh Smith. We arent gonna win too many games without those 2 playing well. This is why I didnt wanna play Miami..they are on a mission. Ok, so our X's and O's suck but we have played wayy better than this under Woody..we took Boston to 7 games with Woody didnt we?? excuses..Hawks got beat tonite..players and coaches

Woody is being outcoached. Mainly because he doesn't care about offense. I watched Kenny and Chuck at the halftime... they are right. IN the 80's and 90's, we were a joke team. Dribble dribble dribble... dribble dribble dribble... Miss. Our offense sucks.

I'm still not convinced the Spirit will fire Woody, even if we lose out. They've stuck with him for five years, what's another year to them? They'll say, "He got us our first winning season in years, he deserves another year." In a recession, with the Spirit Group mired in a legal fight with Belkin, I can't see them paying Woody to stay home, and paying a new coach to coach this team...

A coaching change won't happen until 2010, imo.

I'm still not convinced the Spirit will fire Woody, even if we lose out. They've stuck with him for five years, what's another year to them? They'll say, "He got us our first winning season in years, he deserves another year." In a recession, with the Spirit Group mired in a legal fight with Belkin, I can't see them paying Woody to stay home, and paying a new coach to coach this team...

Well i hope you are wrong but if not, i guess that means i can take next year off from the Hawks. I mean whats the point?? Its just going to be the same thing. I mean does anyone here think Josh Smith is going to come in next year shooing lights out from 3 land?? Does anyone think Woody is going to tell him: "Stop shooting 3s and get your *ss down in the paint!" The answer to both of those questions is NO. Does anyone think Woody is going to admonish Joe for not moving the Basketball?? Is he going to tear Bibby a new one for shooting to much?? Jump Flip for being out of control?? No. No and no. When you have had 5 years to mold a team and last nights performance is the best you can come up with in a playoff series, then you know that nothing is going to change next year if Woody stays. I just hope he hasn't ruined guys like Josh Smith from ever being quality NBA players with his stupid "do what you want to out there" philosophy. Lets face it, Woody seems to be just collecting a pay day these days because when is the last time anyone on this forum can say he has made a BRILLIANT coaching move either before or during a game??? One thing can be said for Woody though. I guess he has molded this bunch in a way. Right now... we are playing like we are PURE MOLD.

• Premium Member

That's exactly how I feel.

I won't agree with the decision, but I'm expecting it.

WOODSON has instilled a defensive system here that gave the rebuilt Hawks a foundation, but he HAS TO GO...For as long as he's been here, he has always:

1. LACKED the ability to make key adjustments (critical in the playoffs)

2. NOT been able to use the bench and develop a solid 9-10 man rotation (critical in the playoffs)

3. HAD TROUBLE GETTING the most out the Hawks in games that they "should win" with as much talent/ability/versatility/dynamics this team has

4. LACKED the intensity on the sideline during games

5. BEEN ignorant when it comes to playing his key guys to their strengths consistently (Bibby in pick-n-roll / Joe off da ball, off screens, and curls / Josh slashing off curls, in the lane, cuts / Horford in pick-n-rolls, in post mix-matches)

BOTTOM LINE: The Hawks are playing poorly against an "inferior" team (talent wise) and its FUKKIN EMBARRASSING!!! We get clowned as a pro basketball city for almost 10 years and then we finally have a solid season only to play Game 1 like it was the Championship. Now they are playing with no heart, intensity, and lack of focus. Woody is out coached by a rookie coach and a 1-man team that almost slipped out of even making the playoffs. Woody has been here long enough to have our team handle situations like this (especially at home) and he isn't. How can he have a head coaching job when a guy like Avery Johnson (fastest to win 100 games as a coach is out of coaching?

• Premium Member

You really think Pat Riley is not pulling the strings over there? Nonetheless woody stills sucks dog booty.

WOODSON has instilled a defensive system here that gave the rebuilt Hawks a foundation, but he HAS TO GO...For as long as he's been here, he has always:

1. LACKED the ability to make key adjustments (critical in the playoffs)

2. NOT been able to use the bench and develop a solid 9-10 man rotation (critical in the playoffs)

3. HAD TROUBLE GETTING the most out the Hawks in games that they "should win" with as much talent/ability/versatility/dynamics this team has

4. LACKED the intensity on the sideline during games

5. BEEN ignorant when it comes to playing his key guys to their strengths consistently (Bibby in pick-n-roll / Joe off da ball, off screens, and curls / Josh slashing off curls, in the lane, cuts / Horford in pick-n-rolls, in post mix-matches)

BOTTOM LINE: The Hawks are playing poorly against an "inferior" team (talent wise) and its FUKKIN EMBARRASSING!!! We get clowned as a pro basketball city for almost 10 years and then we finally have a solid season only to play Game 1 like it was the Championship. Now they are playing with no heart, intensity, and lack of focus. Woody is out coached by a rookie coach and a 1-man team that almost slipped out of even making the playoffs. Woody has been here long enough to have our team handle situations like this (especially at home) and he isn't. How can he have a head coaching job when a guy like Avery Johnson (fastest to win 100 games as a coach is out of coaching?

[/quote

these are all things that Woody has been doing since he came here. I always contended that the team won in spite of him....not because of him. His refusal to change his strategy against Wade has put us in a 1-2 hole.

• Premium Member

I don't understand why the mods here feel the need to manage everything. Who cares if there's 20 Woody related threads up front. Just be happy that people are posting. Good lord this place is ran like Communist China :rolleyes:

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
Which is why you're not a mod. :computer8:

I'm loving the new banner. Coaching for Dummies :thumbsupsmileyanim: classic

• Moderators

I don't know whether to be ticked off or just depressed when talking about Woodson.

I do know this: The fact that Knight hired Woodson is a negative. The fact that he tried multiple times to fire Woodson is a positive for him if I am another team considering him as a potential GM candidate.

The fact that the ASG shows no interest in upgrading the coach is a bad sign for all Atlanta fans.

I don't know whether to be ticked off or just depressed when talking about Woodson.

I do know this: The fact that Knight hired Woodson is a negative. The fact that he tried multiple times to fire Woodson is a positive for him if I am another team considering him as a potential GM candidate.

The fact that the ASG shows no interest in upgrading the coach is a bad sign for all Atlanta fans.

This has been obvious for years now.