• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith

TanAdam

First and foremost I mean this with NO ill will and I am not trying to bash a player...

Josh Smith is simply not a very smart individual. That is the only answer that explains his decision making and play. Why would any intelligent person continue to shoot 3's without A) realizing that they aren't falling and that they might not be a good shooter B) work hard enough to change it? Why would an intelligent person attempt a between the legs break away dunk in a playoff game? It doesn't matter the score, you just don't do that. Fratello was spot on when he said "Sometimes you wonder if he gets it." That is one of the best assessments I have seen of Smoove EVER. He really doesn't get it. He doesn't comprehend the situation he is in, the expectations of him, the magnitude of what he has chosen for a career path.

Think about it. Smith came straight from high school to the NBA. He didn't choose to continue his education, which is fine. It is a choice and Smith chose money, who can blame him as most of us would have done the same thing. But I can nearly guarantee you that a young man of his status during high school probably focused more on basketball than education, which again is fine. It is a choice. However, I truly do believe that we are seeing the results of an under educated person playing out on the court.

So go ahead flame away.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost I mean this with NO ill will and I am not trying to bash a player...

Josh Smith is simply not a very smart individual. That is the only answer that explains his decision making and play. Why would any intelligent person continue to shoot 3's without A) realizing that they aren't falling and that they might not be a good shooter B) work hard enough to change it? Why would an intelligent person attempt a between the legs break away dunk in a playoff game? It doesn't matter the score, you just don't do that. Fratello was spot on when he said "Sometimes you wonder if he gets it." That is one of the best assessments I have seen of Smoove EVER. He really doesn't get it. He doesn't comprehend the situation he is in, the expectations of him, the magnitude of what he has chosen for a career path.

Think about it. Smith came straight from high school to the NBA. He didn't choose to continue his education, which is fine. It is a choice and Smith chose money, who can blame him as most of us would have done the same thing. But I can nearly guarantee you that a young man of his status during high school probably focused more on basketball than education, which again is fine. It is a choice. However, I truly do believe that we are seeing the results of an under educated person playing out on the court.

So go ahead flame away.

Go to the heat board with that plz!! :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

you can blame the 3 point shooting and jump shooting but the btw the legs dunk who cares its all about having fun if he would have made it theres nothing to talk about except an amazing play he missed it in a blow out a game who really cares its all about having fun and thats he was trying to do give the fans some entertainment. we won the game and pretty much took commmand of the series and fans still come out posting this crap its funny.

Edited by SmooveTheFuture

Josh continues to puzzle me with his shot selection. I just hope he gets in the gym in the offseason and shoots 500 jumpshots per day, because he's not going to stop shooting them. However, I thought that between the legs dunk attempt was hilarious. Woody probably didn't like it, but I thought it was pretty funny.

The NBA isn't about being funny. Don't give that crap. Maybe I am old school but name another player that would do that? Jordan? Magic? Nique?

NO NO and NO

Hey, you've gotta pick your spots to be pissed off. I'm sure that Woody was pretty pissed about it, but he didn't really show it. He probably figured that he'd let that one slide being that we up by a big margin with 3 minutes to go. I'm just glad that we actually saw some semblance of an offense from Woody tonight and that Joe Johnson decided to show up. You've gotta pick your battles.

Edited by Antmillennium

• Premium Member
you can blame the 3 point shooting and jump shooting but the btw the legs dunk who cares its all about having fun if he would have made it theres nothing to talk about except an amazing play he missed it in a blow out a game who really cares its all about having fun and thats he was trying to do give the fans some entertainment. we won the game and pretty much took commmand of the series and fans still come out posting this crap its funny.

Sorry but that was a childish play that will only fire up the opposition. I like Smoove but he can really be a ahole at times. Pros don't stuff like that. Totally unacceptable imo.

Sorry but that was a childish play that will only fire up the opposition. I like Smoove but he can really be a ahole at times. Pros don't stuff like that. Totally unacceptable imo.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I thought the same thing. However, he's Josh Smith. You've gotta pick your battles with him.

• Premium Member
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I thought the same thing. However, he's Josh Smith. You've gotta pick your battles with him.

That's why woody seemed pissed. He know's that Miami can very dangerous team when motivated.

• Admin

So go ahead flame away.

The jumps shots were atrocious, they were not even close to hitting and the between the legs dunk is just unacceptable. It is time for this guy to grow up and start thinking for once. When he plays inside he can do some damage. These jump shot have been driving me nuts all season.

given the situation, i didn't mind it too much. it was pretty stupid for sure, but when we were up by 20 at the end of the game, i don't mind the attempt. didn't loose much by missing it, but it would've been absolutely off the hook if he made it. tell me you wouldn't have jumped up out of your seat screaming if he had made that.

at least he missed a dunk with finesse, unlike wade missing his boring-*ss drive and jam that he REALLY should've made.

i was more upset with smoove shooting the wide open 3 (even though he made it) than i was with the bungled trick dunk attempt.

if woody was that upset over it, he would've taken his *ss out of the game right after that, which he didn't. given woody's propensity to yank young players out for the minorest infractions, i would say that's pretty indicitive of how little woody was concerned with it.

given the situation, i didn't mind it too much. it was pretty stupid for sure, but when we were up by 20 at the end of the game, i don't mind the attempt. didn't loose much by missing it, but it would've been absolutely off the hook if he made it. tell me you wouldn't have jumped up out of your seat screaming if he had made that.

at least he missed a dunk with finesse, unlike wade missing his boring-*ss drive and jam that he REALLY should've made.

i was more upset with smoove shooting the wide open 3 (even though he made it) than i was with the bungled trick dunk attempt.

if woody was that upset over it, he would've taken his *ss out of the game right after that, which he didn't. given woody's propensity to yank young players out for the minorest infractions, i would say that's pretty indicitive of how little woody was concerned with it.

i just noticed how the site automatically censors *ss. i like that. *ss. *ss *ss *ss.

now i can drunk post without having to watch my language myself.

I am in the "don't showboat" crew. Yes, the place would have gone nuts, but NEVER make the other team feel slighted when you have 2 more games to play.

Josh is a child and he plays like it at a lot of times. It's something we have to deal with.

Man...even Fratello was mortified by that dunk attempt.

Now I will admit this: If he had done that in a situation where we were making a run and needed that 2 to break the game open, I would've been HOT. But it wasn't.

It was a dumb play, but I'm not gonna kill the guy for it considering what the situation was.

there was nothing wrong with the dunk attempt. Josh does plenty of other dumb things to nitpick that. If he had made it, nothing but good things would have been said and i like the fact that he tried to give the fans something they hadn't seen. Nique used to do stuff like that all the time in blowout wins. As far as Josh shooting 3s. Woody has obviously told him he could so we may as well get used to it. Anyway...if Josh is ever going to be a complete player, he has gonna have to make some of those to keep folks honest.