• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin has done nothing to earn 8 Million per.

Diesel

Has Marvin earn 8 million per?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Basically, without potential being involved, I don't think Marvin has earned 8 Million per. 8 Million per handcuffs us to Marvin because No team will pay that much for a Sf when there are better SFs that can be drafted late. NJ wouldn't dare trade Terrance Williams for an 8 Million dollar Marvin. Do you think Phoenix would part with Earl Clark for Marvin at 8? Even Memphis with 2nd round Pick Sam Young would be hard pressed to take Marvin at 8 in exchange.

Marvin at 8 will be a death sentence for the hopes of this franchise ever reaching the next level.

We will be stuck with a mediocre player who doesn't have the determination to do anything.

BTW, as before, you can mark it down. Take the picture, save this quote for prosperity.

We should not sign Marvin to a long term deal!

Basically, without potential being involved, I don't think Marvin has earned 8 Million per. 8 Million per handcuffs us to Marvin because No team will pay that much for a Sf when there are better SFs that can be drafted late. NJ wouldn't dare trade Terrance Williams for an 8 Million dollar Marvin. Do you think Phoenix would part with Earl Clark for Marvin at 8? Even Memphis with 2nd round Pick Sam Young would be hard pressed to take Marvin at 8 in exchange.

Marvin at 8 will be a death sentence for the hopes of this franchise ever reaching the next level.

We will be stuck with a mediocre player who doesn't have the determination to do anything.

BTW, as before, you can mark it down. Take the picture, save this quote for prosperity.

We should not sign Marvin to a long term deal!

Doesn't have the determination to do anything? Like leading the team in FT attempts per FG attempt or going from an awful 3pt shooter to become a dangerous 3pt shooter that can knock them down in the clutch in only one offseason?

• Premium Member

Doesn't have the determination to do anything? Like leading the team in FT attempts per FG attempt or going from an awful 3pt shooter to become a dangerous 3pt shooter that can knock them down in the clutch in only one offseason?

How has that impacted WINNING?

Marvin has the same M.O. he gets a few points in the first quarter and a 1/2 and from that point on, nothing. He makes no impact whatsoever. For the past few years, it's been obvious that Marvin can't be trusted to close. Childress would close out games 2 seasons ago and Flip closed them out last season. So you mean to tell me that we want to give Marvin more than Artest, Marion, Granger, and as much as Butler because he can show up for the first quarter and a 1/2?

Somebody mentioned a Marvin for Battier trade the other day. IF Sund pulled that off, he would make this team 1.5 times better.

How has that impacted WINNING?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we win more games this year? Or was it improvement by the other players (whom you don't hate) that led to that winning?

Marvin has the same M.O. he gets a few points in the first quarter and a 1/2 and from that point on, nothing. He makes no impact whatsoever. For the past few years, it's been obvious that Marvin can't be trusted to close. Childress would close out games 2 seasons ago and Flip closed them out last season. So you mean to tell me that we want to give Marvin more than Artest, Marion, Granger, and as much as Butler because he can show up for the first quarter and a 1/2?

Somebody mentioned a Marvin for Battier trade the other day. IF Sund pulled that off, he would make this team 1.5 times better.

All I can tell you is that when Bibby and JJ have passed Marvin the ball he has delivered. You can call that what you want but he has delivered when given the opportunity.

Sorry but you're living in the past if you think trading Marvin for a much older Battier would make us 1.5 times better. They are on opposite sides of the hill as far as their careers is concerned with Marvin improving and Battier declining. Although Battier did get a whopping 7 points and 5 rebounds in 34 minutes per game last year while Marvin only got 14 points and 6 rebounds in the same 34 minutes, but yeah Battier would make us sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

• Premium Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we win more games this year? Or was it improvement by the other players (whom you don't hate) that led to that winning?

Thanks to Flip!

Thanks to improved Chemistry.

Thanks to Bibby playing a full year. (Uhm, AJ/Lue vs. Bibby)...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we a better team with Flip at the 2 and Joe at the 3?

All I can tell you is that when Bibby and JJ have passed Marvin the ball he has delivered. You can call that what you want but he has delivered when given the opportunity.

Delivered what?

Better than he used to?

If Diet Pepsi tastes like Crap.. and you reformulate it so that it's not as bad... It's still not good! Just because you improve the taste of doodoo water, doesn't mean that I'm going to run to spend 12 bucks a bottle on it. It's still doodoo water.

Sorry but you're living in the past if you think trading Marvin for a much older Battier would make us 1.5 times better. They are on opposite sides of the hill as far as their careers is concerned with Marvin improving and Battier declining. Although Battier did get a whopping 7 points and 5 rebounds in 34 minutes per game last year while Marvin only got 14 points and 6 rebounds in the same 34 minutes, but yeah Battier would make us sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

I just think that for all the time that Marvin wastes on the court, we can get a guy who knows his role, can defend (really defend and not this unseen defense that you guys subscribe to Marvin) and plays hard (something else Marvin doesn't do). We'd be better.

Thanks to Flip!

Thanks to improved Chemistry.

Thanks to Bibby playing a full year. (Uhm, AJ/Lue vs. Bibby)...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we a better team with Flip at the 2 and Joe at the 3?

Oh well that's good to know that Marvin improving his game and helping to better space our offense didn't have anything to do with our improvement.

You're wrong.

Delivered what?

Better than he used to?

Did Marvin make BIG clutch shots in the 4th quarter of close games this year? YES

When Marvin had the chance to take a volume of shots comparable to JJ did his scoring increase significantly? YES

If Diet Pepsi tastes like Crap.. and you reformulate it so that it's not as bad... It's still not good! Just because you improve the taste of doodoo water, doesn't mean that I'm going to run to spend 12 bucks a bottle on it. It's still doodoo water.

Diet Pepsi tastes just fine to me. I'd suggest you find a new place to buy it though as 12 bucks a bottle seems a bit inflated.

I just think that for all the time that Marvin wastes on the court, we can get a guy who knows his role, can defend (really defend and not this unseen defense that you guys subscribe to Marvin) and plays hard (something else Marvin doesn't do). We'd be better.

Really, be honest with us here, did Marvin cut you off in traffic one day or something? Because the level of BS that you'll make up to try and prove your hatred for him is unfathomable.

he has gotten a nice jumper, but I agree, he isn't worth 8 mill. I would rather him walk, and we start Solo instead of him.....

Solo over Marv? Is this a joke? :doh:

I'd also like to point out that this poll is likely going to make it seem like people don't want Marvin because Diesel knows he's being disingenuous here by having a black or white 8 million dollar poll question. I think it should be followed up with a poll about paying him 7 million and then another about paying him 9 million and see the results. I have a strong feeling that most of these no answers would vote yes at 7 million.

Marvin isn't going to be making more than Butler or Granger, and the only reason he's making more than Artest is that Artest wants to chase a ring and isn't trying to maximize his salary this year.

That said, I think 8 mil/year is a little much, but I don't see what else we could do. I don't see Flip as an improvement over Marvin.

• Premium Member

he has gotten a nice jumper, but I agree, he isn't worth 8 mill. I would rather him walk, and we start Solo instead of him.....

Marvin's "Nice Jumper" is the same "nice jumper" that he entered the league with. You can't pay 8 million for pretty form.

• Premium Member

Oh well that's good to know that Marvin improving his game and helping to better space our offense didn't have anything to do with our improvement.

You're wrong.

You can poll this....

Do you think we had a better record last year because of Marvin's improvement or because of Bibby being with the team 1 whole year or because of Flip. Of the three, I believe that Marvin's improvement comes in dead last because while his 3 pt% increased, his scoring went down, his rebounding went down, and his FTAs went down. THESE ARE IMPACT Stats...

• Premium Member

I'd also like to point out that this poll is likely going to make it seem like people don't want Marvin because Diesel knows he's being disingenuous here by having a black or white 8 million dollar poll question. I think it should be followed up with a poll about paying him 7 million and then another about paying him 9 million and see the results. I have a strong feeling that most of these no answers would vote yes at 7 million.

It's unfortunate that he's not holding out for a 5 year 35 Million dollar deal. However, he's holding on for a 40 million dollar deal.

My question is has he earned that? The answer is definitely not.

The only reason he's even in the 40 million dollar ball park to begin with is because he was picked 2nd overall. Now, there's not a person on this board that would argue that he was worth that 2nd pick. Not with Paul, Deron, Bynum, and a host of others who followed him. So the point is that Marvin's deal shouldn't be close to 40 Million because he has not earned it. He's just taking advantage of us because BK was stupid enough to draft him.

The 8 million dollar question is why people waste the precious energy in their fingers trying to prove to Diesel that Marvin is a good player. It's obvious by his misguided and inane statements that there is no bringing him back from the dark side.

It's unfortunate that he's not holding out for a 5 year 35 Million dollar deal. However, he's holding on for a 40 million dollar deal.

My question is has he earned that? The answer is definitely not.

The only reason he's even in the 40 million dollar ball park to begin with is because he was picked 2nd overall. Now, there's not a person on this board that would argue that he was worth that 2nd pick. Not with Paul, Deron, Bynum, and a host of others who followed him. So the point is that Marvin's deal shouldn't be close to 40 Million because he has not earned it. He's just taking advantage of us because BK was stupid enough to draft him.

Well it looks like your poll is not going your way so I'd say that the people have disagreed D. The Hawks have reportedly offered him 37.5 so they clearly think he's worth more than 35 as well. Personally I'd love to pay him 7 million and as the 4th option on the Hawks that's about all that he should get but if he was given a bigger role in the offense then I'd gladly pay him 8 million and he'd quickly prove to you that he was worth it.