• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin = Capable of more

txsting

• Premium Member

Zaza and Flip aren't starters. If a starter is out hurt it is only natural for bench players to get more minutes.

The subject of the thread is Marvin stepping up when the top 3 scorers were out or ineffective. I figured i should remind you since you seem to forget so often. Marvin stepped up his scoring far more than the other starters when Smith was out.

Molehill, You don't think Marvin got a big boost in minutes also?

Those other guys played about the same minutes they usually play. Bibby is not going to be on the court any more if Smoove is out. Neither will Joe. But Marvin will be on the court more. Probably played more PF. And because he's a more desired option than Zaza.. probably got more opportunities to score.

So in essence, all you've done is describe the pecking order once again. Smoove goes out, Marvin gets more opportunities to score? He brings out 2.8 points per game. That's not a big deal because he's moving from 4th option to 3rd option. Wouldn't you expect that? That and Add on more minutes and you have 2.8 ppg. Joe didn't stop being first option and Bibby didn't stop being 2nd option.

Another molehill.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Molehill, You don't think Marvin got a big boost in minutes also?

Those other guys played about the same minutes they usually play. Bibby is not going to be on the court any more if Smoove is out. Neither will Joe. But Marvin will be on the court more.

Yeah i am sure that 2.7 minutes extra made all the difference. :lol6:

So in essence, all you've done is describe the pecking order once again. Smoove goes out, Marvin gets more opportunities to score?

So Marvin is the only one who got more opportunities

When 12.3 field goal attempts leave the game
? OK

Marvin's only real problem is that he was drafted at #2 over Chris Paul.

If the Hawks had been further down the board and taken him at #5 or #6 know one on this board would have a problem with him. Time to to let it go people, we have him and he's here to stay.

That's been my beef all along. I have no problem with Williams personally but I have a problem (check that, a BIG problem) with him being taken over CP3 and Deron Williams. Just let it go? I haven't let go of White to Pearson or the Koncak/Henderson extensions yet. I surely won't let go of this until the Hawks either reaches the conference finals with him or he makes an All-Star team (which is what a #2 pick is SUPPOSED to do).

MW taken over Paul/Deron = four years of Anthony Johnson, Tyronn Lue, Royal Ivey, Craig Claxton, and Mike Bibby that I didn't need to see....

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

So when faced with the inadequacies of Marvin.. in a thread about Marvin... you want to make the subject Diesel....

I'll just take that to mean that you have no real answer.

You're the guy who probably flunked the SAT and blamed the test and the testing method right?

Cheated on your wife and blamed the institute of marriage. Said that man is not supposed to be married... blah blah blah?

Failed to pay your taxes and gave a speech about how the Constitution was written by corrupt, immoral men??

Here's the problem Ex...

Everybody knows bullsh*t when they see it.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Like 1