• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Define Joe's playoff performance

Swatguy

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

He is not a superstar and was injured last post-season. His numbers were down across the board from prior post-seasons and regular seasons. I expect he will bounce back this year if he is not dealing with more injuries late in the season again. I.e., don't run JJ in the ground again, Woody.

• Admin

Like others have said, his stats were down during the playoffs last post-season but he was injured. He was awesome in '07-'08 averaging 20 ppg, 4 APG and 4 RPG. And don't forget his time in Phoenix he was awesome behind the 3pt line.

So why is there a sarcastic Lol about him being defended well. He was the complete focus of the teams defense. He was also injured too.

So why is there a sarcastic Lol about him being defended well. He was the complete focus of the teams defense. He was also injured too.

Agreed and to add to that he was put into the role of decoy in the playoffs and he played that role as well as he could have. He cannot be blamed for the role that the coaching staff foolishly asked him to play. I can't believe that some people believe JJ is in decline or shrinks in the playoffs.

I also cannot vote in this poll either since my feelings aren't represented.

Was DWade the defensive focus? LBJ? Kobe?on and on? That reason is weak.

Was DWade injured? Kobe fatigued? It happens, play through if you are a stud. Perhaps he had an alibi but he was not injured for 11 games.

So you are saying, if it were not the defenses focus he would have fared better. So they should have not been allowed to double him or maybe put the good defender on him. Poppycock!!

Was DWade injured? Kobe fatigued? It happens, play through if you are a stud. Perhaps he had an alibi but he was not injured for 11 games.

So you are saying, if it were not the defenses focus he would have fared better. So they should have not been allowed to double him or maybe put the good defender on him. Poppycock!!

Do the Lakers and/or Heat DESIGN their offense to pass the ball to the SG and have him WAIT for the double team to pass out of it? Of course not because that's a saddening way of structuring an offensive set and yet that's the offense that the Hawks PURPOSELY ran in the playoffs. Even Michael Jordan would have looked like a shell of himself in that offense.

• Premium Member

No, it's not weak. They knew what Joe was capable of. They had doubles on Joe most of the time. For a player at the top of his game, that's hard to play through. For a player who is playing injured and who doesn't have much help otherwise, that's an impossible situation. Look at what we had: 2 inconsistent post guys. Bibby and Flip. Horf got hurt. Marvin was hurt the whole time and Bibby, Smoove, and Flip stepped up as much as they could. We can't win a series with three injured core players.

I wonder how Boston feels about JJ's playoff performances.

Lol don't really think Boston cares too much seeing as how Joe really didn't hinder them from getting a ring...So the youtube highlight of that one particular game failed. Maybe he will bounce back next playoffs with no excuses...

Edited by LordOfNYork

Like others have said, his stats were down during the playoffs last post-season but he was injured. He was awesome in '07-'08 averaging 20 ppg, 4 APG and 4 RPG. And don't forget his time in Phoenix he was awesome behind the 3pt line.

He also shot 40% for the series and simply didn't play very well over all..

Lebron shot 35.5% against the Celtics in the playoffs that year. Kobe shot 40% against them. I guess they suck too.

How does he didn't play that well or played averae become suck? Overall he struggled regardless of what anybody else did. Lebron shooting poorly doesn't make 40% shooting good. Without that one 4th period his scoring would have been average to below average to go along with the shooting.

He has done what a lot of players never do, take over a 4th quarter and win a game against a Conference champion. Last season's playoffs was disappointing, but Joe needs another allstar playing with him before we can judge him as someone who disappears in the playoffs.

How does he didn't play that well or played averae become suck? Overall he struggled regardless of what anybody else did. Lebron shooting poorly doesn't make 40% shooting good. Without that one 4th period his scoring would have been average to below average to go along with the shooting.

Boston had the top ranked defense in the league that year. Looking at what other top wings did against them gives is a legit way to measure his performance. it isn't like the Hawks were playing the Bucks.

My big concern about JJ is that he may have a chronic foot problem that makes it tough for him to play well for the whole season.

Edited by exodus