• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson can easily be moved if we do trade him

JTB

Success ATL!!!!!!!!!! Check this out ATl, just a little somethin somethin to maybe/possibly get happy about:

Im not sure how accurate this NBA TRADE MACHINE is but:

Johnson for D.Wade= success

Johnson for A.Igoudala=success

both trades worked, but again i dont know how accurate this is!

CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF:

who would you like to see for johnson? let us know who you have in mind and see if your idea works on espn's nba trade machine: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

To all hawk fans:

I just want it to be clear Im not tryin to get rid of joe but i honestly dont think he's going to return with us this off season unless he has a spectacular year and make the hawks actually be willing to give him more money than they prevviously offered him.

however i did read that joe johnson did say that he thinks he can be one of the elite players of this league, an if proves that he can be, then i see the hawks offering him more money. but from a real true fans view joe is a long way from being one of the ELITE players of the league but if he say he can do it I will keep faith in him and hope he prove to us hawk fans that he is the real deal and worth more than what we offered him this off-season.

Success ATL!!!!!!!!!! Check this out ATl, just a little somethin somethin to maybe/possibly get happy about:

who would you like to see for johnson? let us know who you have in mind and see if your idea works on espn's nba trade machine: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

To all hawk fans:

I just want it to be clear Im not tryin to get rid of joe but i honestly dont think he's going to return with us this off season unless he has a spectacular year and make the hawks actually be willing to give him more money than they prevviously offered him.

however i did read that joe johnson did say that he thinks he can be one of the elite players of this league, an if proves that he can be, then i see the hawks offering him more money. but from a real true fans view joe is a long way from being one of the ELITE players of the league but if he say he can do it I will keep faith in him and hope he prove to us hawk fans that he is the real deal and worth more than what we offered him this off-season.

I tried a couple of trades, but it's so difficult to use trademachine during pre-season because newly signed players cant be traded until 3 months after signing, or Dec. 15th - whichever comes 1st

It gets real fun on Dec. 16th ;-)

For the record I do not think we will trade JJ.

But

If we did, it would be out West.........maybe to Golden State (with fillers) for M. Ellis and Bedrinas.

Its really not that big of deal right now. JJ is doing the same thing as most the other players entering the last year of their contracts for their first oppurtunity as a unrestricted free agent such as: James, Wade, Stoudemire, ...................did Bosh sign an extension or is he going to free agency too ?

I'm hopeing JJ will average 35 mpg (instead of 40) and that will give him a little more energy to perform in the playoffs this season.

Edited by coachx

For the record I do not think we will trade JJ.

But

If we did, it would be out West.........maybe to Golden State (with fillers) for M. Ellis and Bedrinas.

Its really not that big of deal right now. JJ is doing the same thing as most the other players entering the last year of their contracts for their first oppurtunity as a unrestricted free agent such as: James, Wade, Stoudemire, ...................did Bosh sign an extension or is he going to free agency too ?

I'm hopeing JJ will average 35 mpg (instead of 40) and that will give him a little more energy to perform in the playoffs this season.

thats true and a good point made but i think if johnson performs like he did last year i wouldnt be suprised if we shipped him off. oh and i like the ellis and bedrinas for johnson if thats possible!

It makes no sense for either ATL or MIA to make a JJ / Wade deal, because they would have to do that before the trade deadline, and most important, they'd have to get into a bidding war anyway to re-sign both of them next summer.

Now JJ for Iggy . . lol . . do you really want to team JJ up with Elton Brand, in return for Iggy? Good lord. While Iggy could be considered a poor man's D-Wade, he's one of the worst jumpshooters in the league. That trade would at least keep us around the 40-win mark though.

It's funny though. No one wants to trade JJ for a real good PF, because that means that the fan favorite ( Smoove ) would have to go to the bench.

It makes no sense for either ATL or MIA to make a JJ / Wade deal, because they would have to do that before the trade deadline, and most important, they'd have to get into a bidding war anyway to re-sign both of them next summer.

Now JJ for Iggy . . lol . . do you really want to team JJ up with Elton Brand, in return for Iggy? Good lord. While Iggy could be considered a poor man's D-Wade, he's one of the worst jumpshooters in the league. That trade would at least keep us around the 40-win mark though.

It's funny though. No one wants to trade JJ for a real good PF, because that means that the fan favorite ( Smoove ) would have to go to the bench.

If we had the chance to secure a Paul Gasol type deal for JJ, I bet Sund would pull the trigger. Problem is, any type of deal that involves a under contract all-star performer for a expiring contract all-star performer only happens once in a blue moon. But on the bright side, being picky about position is only a deal breaker if you already have a huge long term all-star investment at the players same position.

We could trade JJ to fill any position on our team with a all-star to be honest; since JJ is our only huge contract we currently have that involves a all-star....now let the paranoia begin :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Buzzard

No team is going to trade for JJ unless they're sure he's going to sign with the said team. The chances of him being traded are very slim.

I disagree with the statement very slim. Chances are 40/60 to 30/70 against I would say; but to discount the value of JJ's expiring contract coming off the books just in time for a shot at Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Boozer (if he has a great season) etc....is naive.

Edited by Buzzard

I disagree with the statement very slim. Chances are 40/60 to 30/70 against I would say; but to dscount the value of JJ's expiring contract coming off the books just in time for a shot at Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Boozer (if he has a great season) etc....is naive.

You disagree very slim? I'm confused. Chances against 40/60 he won't be traded? 30/70? Help me.

Just because JJ's contract would come off the books in a trade doesn't mean we can sign LeBron or Wade...

Can we merge this thread?

You disagree very slim? I'm confused. Chances against 40/60 he won't be traded? 30/70? Help me.

Just because JJ's contract would come off the books in a trade doesn't mean we can sign LeBron or Wade...

Can we merge this thread?

Not us making room to sign Lebron, Wade, or Boozer. The team that makes room for that is the team we trade JJ to...we get a solid player in return who is already signed for several years.

Unless the Hawks are injury plaqued and/or just so bad that they won't make the playoffs, I don't see JJ being traded. Not with the committment the organization made in the off season which is well documented.

Unless the Hawks are injury plaqued and/or just so bad that they won't make the playoffs, I don't see JJ being traded. Not with the committment the organization made in the off season which is well documented.

See your thinking is we get a player who is not very good; and you are correct. No way Sund trades JJ's expiring contract for a bunch of scrubs who will not help us continue our winning ways.

But the point of the whole aurgument is "if a all-star caliber player or near all-star" is available. Like Gasol was when Memphis traded him to the Lakers; Sund would be a idiot to not pull the trigger. And Sund is not an idiot....

Edited by Buzzard

To all hawk fans:

The only thing stopping JJ from being elite is consistency!! He can score from any where on the court and do all the other intangibles and with a guy like Crawford("The Puppet Master") pushing him in practice he is going to have to step his game up.

Don't sleep on Iggy either people. He is definitely underestimated from what I'm reading(I know/played with a player with the same type of game and all the things he does can be underestimated unless your out there on the court. Although I like Pau he is getting up in age(At least to be replacing a star or a up and coming star).

It's funny to me when alot of you all talk about a player not capable of this and doesn't do that or are over hyped about a player because of their established place in the league. It makes me think/know y'all do not really play the game of basketball(or at least not that good) and are just fans looking for the media to give you the next great hype.

Sorry if I'm being a little offensive but this is one of the fields I pride myself on because of my actual skill level and understanding of the game. I do admit that I may over hype a player especially one of ours but my logic is a little different and I understand a players capabilities based on watching their game. Scouting reports are more like motivators/hype men for a lot of players to appreciate the good things and work on things people say that they can't do and most analysis of players are nothing more than weak scouting reports or opinions.

Wade is great by the way every asset of his game resembled the way I play except he shoots better inside and I shot better outside and of course he has way more athleticism but my court vision may be better (Hard for me to hate a player that resembles so much of my game even if he is on another team).Still glad people can see what would have been if I had the height and/or stayed above influences. A JJ/Wade swap would not make too much sense until their current positions(salary status/agreements) are justified.

Iggy huh? well after reading this http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=3490 that doesn't sound so bad

Nene and J.R. Smith maybe? If Denver implodes their fear of lux tax could make em do crazy things, added bonus three Smiths could share the court at once.

OJ Mayo, Haddadi, Jaric gaggle of draft picks?

Al Jefferson?

Larry Hughes and Wilson Chandler?

Vince Carter?

Jason Richardson and Earl Clark?

Carlos Boozer?

The possibilities are endless.

Iggy huh? well after reading this http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=3490 that doesn't sound so bad

Nene and J.R. Smith maybe? If Denver implodes their fear of lux tax could make em do crazy things, added bonus three Smiths could share the court at once.

OJ Mayo, Haddadi, Jaric gaggle of draft picks?

Al Jefferson?

Larry Hughes and Wilson Chandler?

Vince Carter?

Jason Richardson and Earl Clark?

Carlos Boozer?

The possibilities are endless.

wow i was just throwing iggy's name in there but hell after reading that i really dont mind that trade!

The only thing stopping JJ from being elite is consistency!! He can score from any where on the court and do all the other intangibles and with a guy like Crawford("The Puppet Master") pushing him in practice he is going to have to step his game up.

Don't sleep on Iggy either people. He is definitely underestimated from what I'm reading(I know/played with a player with the same type of game and all the things he does can be underestimated unless your out there on the court. Although I like Pau he is getting up in age(At least to be replacing a star or a up and coming star).

It's funny to me when alot of you all talk about a player not capable of this and doesn't do that or are over hyped about a player because of their established place in the league. It makes me think/know y'all do not really play the game of basketball(or at least not that good) and are just fans looking for the media to give you the next great hype.

Sorry if I'm being a little offensive but this is one of the fields I pride myself on because of my actual skill level and understanding of the game. I do admit that I may over hype a player especially one of ours but my logic is a little different and I understand a players capabilities based on watching their game. Scouting reports are more like motivators/hype men for a lot of players to appreciate the good things and work on things people say that they can't do and most analysis of players are nothing more than weak scouting reports or opinions.

Wade is great by the way every asset of his game resembled the way I play except he shoots better inside and I shot better outside and of course he has way more athleticism but my court vision may be better (Hard for me to hate a player that resembles so much of my game even if he is on another team).Still glad people can see what would have been if I had the height and/or stayed above influences. A JJ/Wade swap would not make too much sense until their current positions(salary status/agreements) are justified.

Did i read the title of this thread wrong?

Did i read the title of this thread wrong?

Although I was ranting a bit my points were if JJ showed that he could be elite why trade him except for other players with elite potential and I only saw 2 players that fit the bill(Iggy and Wade). These 2 players would compliment our team and would not effect our chemistry negatively like a Jr Smith or bringing in a Al Jefferson which would create holes and log jams(Not to mention confrontations of who should start stay or go between our young big man).

Ok, this is my thoughts on what is going to happen this year. Joe is going to have another good season (notice not great) averaging 20 ppg and help develop J-Smoove into the elite player. The Hawks will suprise the league and land the 3rd seed in the East. Hawks will be knocked out in the Conference Finals and Joe will average 19 ppg in the playoffs but will be noticed as the clutch man on the team. The Hawks will offer Joe 5 yr, 75 million to stay and Joe will sign. The Hawks maintain the same starting lineup for a 3rd year.