• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All Star - - Hopefully !

Gray Mule

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Josh Smith hoping to be an all star. Good! Great!!

Being consistent. That's what it takes.

And, 0-4 from the free throw line is not the consistetcy that's needed.

That's a whopping 0.00 % at half time.

JS is good. No, JS is great! (But, from the foul line he's not)

GO HAWKS!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Premium Member

Josh Smith hoping to be an all star. Good! Great!!

Being consistent. That's what it takes.

And, 0-4 from the free throw line is not the consistetcy that's needed.

That's a whopping 0.00 % at half time.

JS is good. No, JS is great! (But, from the foul line he's not)

GO HAWKS!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Shaq Smith!

Man,.......im speechless. As all rec-coaches would say "Make the d--- free throws son, they're FREE!!!"

this is gonna be another long year for him at the stripe....its very dissapointing and frustrating that he hasnt improved the most glaring weakness in his game a year ago :brick wall: :

Edited by RedDawg#8

we are 50% from FT and up a not so safe 12 pts on the road.

I know its jus the preason but if Smith hit jus 7-10 we would be up big heading into the fourth, and shooting 75% as a team from ft.

im nit-picking tho, but a team with our potential has to focus on improving all the little things to make it far this year.

• Premium Member

Pre-season. He could be 1-50 right now and it's all moot. When, if, he starts the season the same way, it needs to be addresed.

I don't care if it's the backyard of his beach house when he's drunk and high. NBA players have no excuse for missing 9 of 10 free throws.

• Premium Member

Pre-season. He could be 1-50 right now and it's all moot. When, if, he starts the season the same way, it needs to be addresed.

I hope that you don't think that Smith is missing on purpose because its pre-season. The logical conclusion is that Smith just can't shoot free throws. It was proven last year and now in the pre-season. It should have been addressed long ago! Not in the future.

Edited by Peoriabird

I think the "it's preseason" excuse can work for most things, but not FTs. This was a huge problem last season and things aren't looking up for this season.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, because its the preseason we should be worried about. Why would you wait til the regular season to address something when we are 6 days away from opening night. That logic does not work in this situation. JOSH NEEDS TO BE BETTER!!!!

From our PF's - Free throws: 1-12. That means, sports fans, that Atlanta's Power Forewards

left 11 points @ the line last night.

Hawks were drawing the foul. They were going to the line. Since most of us were only able

to watch the play by play / box score, we don't know what was really going on - how or why

the fouls. Hack a Shaq comes to mind. Hack Atlanta's PF

Pre season? No excuse. Close game and we would have lost. It's that simple.

:cant believe:

Smoove's mental problems continue. No excuse for the free throws and his crying to the refs addiction.

Does it break the rules to just jump from the free throw and dunk it as long as your toe does not hit the line ?

Does it break the rules to duck tape Smooves mouth during games ? We could cut a slit in the tape so he can still breath through his mouth, ya know.

So much promise to be controlled by such a weak mind.

I was listening to NBA TV and they did a quote from Carter, a guy NBA TV employed the last few years. " I got a Golden Retriever that can run and jump but he can't hoop." Well, we all know Smoove can hoop but that quote from last night came to mind.

Edited by coachx

Instead of "Hack a Shaq" . . it's "Clip a Smith"?

If it makes anyone feel better, Josh Smith was 16 - 24 ( 75% ) from the line, until last night's game. His 1 - 10 performance just illustrates how bad his mechanics are on his FT and his jumpshot.

No, its Smack a Smoove.