• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What a gutless performance on National Television

gsuteke

I can't believe the Hawks are making my blood pressure rise on a preseason game. I swear I would fire Woody right this second if I had the power to. And Joe Johnson, hurry up and get the hell out of town. I am tired of him showing ZERO leadership and emotion on the floor. I know this is preseason but they just made themselves an absolute laughingstock on national tv. I am so disgusted.

This

Yeah exodus, I didnt realize he shot like that...how ugly. Josh goes 1/10 from charity last night, and Teague has going 0/14 from the field. Wow. I hope Teague doesnt become traumatized after that showing. He cant buy a basket.

Edited by TheTruth

I don't know why you guys act so surprised. We have seen this kind of effort and confusion under Woodson an unbelievable number of times. There are going to be more nights like this. Hopefully our shooters can be hot from 3 as often as they were last year.

The Hawks deserve to get flamed, flamed, and flamed again over this one.

Preseason to hell - there is absolutely no excuse for this type of gutless performance in the National Spotlight.

Did I read the box score correctly? Jeff Teague was 0 for 15. Are you kidding me? You have to be a hell of a chunker to go o for 15. Holy crap, that ought to be a record. You would think your brain would click at some point and you woudl think, STOP SHOOTING THE BALL.

Hawk88

Teague is 0-14. He shoots like a girl. This is the first time i have seen him play and it is a pretty big letdown.

I wouldn't judge him as a player based on tonight's game. The kid's been playing great up until tonight averaging something like 14 point per game. Even the espn announcers were talking about how unfortunate it was for him to play the way he was playing after having such a great start to the preseason. They praised his game numerous times.

Randolph Morris just got straight punked by D Howard on that turnaround Jumpshot attempt.

Why'd we keep that guy over Fatman Siler again?

Oh.... Sekou says he's twice as skilled as Siler.

You know what?

I am cool with Randolph. He is trying to guard the guy. He knows he can stop Howard or the dunks, but he is still challenging every shot. Dwight made 15 posters on him but Randolph is gonna make him make another one.

Randolph is not the guy making 14-15 mil.

Randolph didn't turn to a huge contract.

joe is gobage.

gutless joe

I rather lose with Crawford. I know he will strike back.

• Like 1

Did I read the box score correctly? Jeff Teague was 0 for 15. Are you kidding me? You have to be a hell of a chunker to go o for 15. Holy crap, that ought to be a record. You would think your brain would click at some point and you woudl think, STOP SHOOTING THE BALL.

Hawk88

As I mentioned in the chatroom Hawk88...there is no way Teague can continue to throw the ball towards the basket fifteen times a game and miss them all consistently.

He will improve.

Hawk88

Who is getting paid the big money?

Howard, Carter, and Nelson come out and set a tempo for their team and everybody else catches fire.

Teague ain't the problem. If there was a leader out there he would be shooting better than 0 for ? and nobody would be complaining about his form.

I knew about his form from youtube. Nobody complains until these punks roll over.

It's joe

You stink joe

I hate that ******

• Like 1

While I do think we are overreacting a tad bit, JJ is definitely not worth the MAX.

It's not overreacting when you see the same joe roll over every time we play a strong opponent. Sure somebody has to lose. The question is... does somebody have to roll over?

Why do we have to see them roll over?

Because joe blows

• Moderators

WOODYBALL on full display, hooray! lol How many games do we got the national spotlight this year again?

Does the '0' on blink's jersey stand for 0-15?

Smoove going 1-12 over two games at the charity stripe is not getting it done. He'll get no dunks, he'll be hacked to death anytime he gets the ball within 10 feet of the rim, He'd better call Ivory Latta and start practicing some 3-Ball if he wants to be seen at All-Star time.

As a silver lining, here's a boxscore from opening day last year, when it was the Magic fans who were questioning the guts of their team. Things turned out alright for them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008102919

~lw3

• Premium Member

Any other team out there losing by 40?

Yup:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009102209 (G.S. beat N.O.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009102005 (Cavs beat Dallas)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009101303 (Magic beat N.O.)

Not that that excuses it, but even the best teams get their asses handed to them sometimes and this IS the preseason. Rather it happen now to give them a wake-up call.

Yup:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009102209 (G.S. beat N.O.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009102005 (Cavs beat Dallas)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009101303 (Magic beat N.O.)

Not that that excuses it, but even the best teams get their asses handed to them sometimes and this IS the preseason. Rather it happen now to give them a wake-up call.

Orlando beat the shyt out of this team last year as well. Crawford and Joe Smith aren't good enough players to chage that Orlando is just way better.

The Magic players are laughing at these punks from the bench.

National tv. Embarassing.

How can you see them laughing at you and still not give a hard foul, especially on that behind the back pass that Williams did on the break.

They are gutless and soft with no pride.

Agreed,worst feeling in the world as the opposing team laughs and snickers on the sideline basically the whole 4th quarter while your scrubs finish the game against their scrubs. Awful and that's the main reason you should always make sure you avoid this moment on every single occasion.Most fans will say a loss is a loss but it does tell you the fight and pride in your team when they just seemingly lay down in a game like that.