• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What a gutless performance on National Television

gsuteke

The guy torched us as a rookie with New Jersey, how can you not remember??

3 kids and a career.

The entire team sucked tonight. I can't call out Joe just as I can't call out Marvin. Just as I can't call out Smoove. Just as Horford didn't impact the game.

Individually they all sucked and as a collective unit they were worse - on National Television

I don't want to hear any more "Chad Ford hate" after tonight's showing

THis is indeed the "Pissed off Hawks fan" thread.

Speak your peace is all I can say.

• Like 1

That game has taken us back 4 weeks. There is absolutely no glow on this team. Marvin was as invisible as he could ever be. Joe is just sad.

I wrote last year tha Matt Barnes was a better player than Marvin. He still is. Yes we should sign Stacks. We need help. Two years ago we could have had Danny Granger for Joe.

Again, it aint Woody. It's Joe, Marvin, Josh. They are depended on so heavily and they have no heart.

Randolph Morris just got straight punked by D Howard on that turnaround Jumpshot attempt.

Why'd we keep that guy over Fatman Siler again?

Oh.... Sekou says he's twice as skilled as Siler.

I have no problem with Randolph tonight, he was actually a bright spot in a Cold & Dark game. He played with hustle and actually made a few shots confidently. He was one of the better Hawks players tonight. Joe bothered me with his continuous lack of emotion/interest/fight in these games. He wonders why the Hawks hesitate to pay him that type of money and go out and play a game like that where he looks like he's playing his niece at the YMCA.

Teague was terrible tonight but i still don't worry about that. Law wouldn't have attempted 15 shots in a weeks worth of games like that , Law's confidence is at a 2 level while Teague seems to me be a type of player that will come out in his next game after going 0-15 and put up a 10-15 night.

I have no problem with Randolph tonight, he was actually a bright spot in a Cold & Dark game. He played with hustle and actually made a few shots confidently. He was one of the better Hawks players tonight. Joe bothered me with his continuous lack of emotion/interest/fight in these games. He wonders why the Hawks hesitate to pay him that type of money and go out and play a game like that where he looks like he's playing his niece at the YMCA.

First of all thanks for your contribution to the site, I hope you post more often.

Second you're wrong. Morris couldn't finish 4 feet from the goal against Matt Barnes. He threw up a wild shot that went over the rim right to left off the backboard.

He showed me there he doesn't finish at the rim. Against a freaking SF man. Morris isn't a presence in the post. Why are you kidding yourself that he can give us quality minutes against Shaq and D Howard?

First of all thanks for your contribution to the site, I hope you post more often.

Second you're wrong. Morris couldn't finish 4 feet from the goal against Matt Barnes. He threw up a wild shot that went over the rim right to left off the backboard.

He showed me there he doesn't finish at the rim. Against a freaking SF man. Morris isn't a presence in the post. Why are you kidding yourself that he can give us quality minutes against Shaq and D Howard?

Thanks, i'll try to contribute as much of my unfound knowledge as possible. :biggrin: Don't excuse my defense in Morris as an endorsement for him playing any sort of significant time at all. I literally shuddered when the Hawks offered him a guaranteed contract but as for tonight's example he actually looked like he was aggressively pursuing the B-ball and giving decent effort out there. That was such a debacle it is pointless to single out anybody, everybody looked like somebody slipped them some sort of muscle relaxer before the game or something.

Hawksquawk is officially ready for the season now. LOL @ Teague going 0 - 15. Damn. How do you even do that?

This time next Friday, as I'm leaving Philips Arena after just watching the Hawks beat the Wizards, those "are the Hawks an elite team" threads will come back to the boards. And this game will be long forgotten . . until Thanksgiving.

We're going to be the most miserable 50-win fan base in the history of the NBA.

Just think guys. Orlando beat the ish out of us . . and they didn't even have Rashard Lewis.

3 kids and a career.

The entire team sucked tonight. I can't call out Joe just as I can't call out Marvin. Just as I can't call out Smoove. Just as Horford didn't impact the game.

Individually they all sucked and as a collective unit they were worse - on National Television

I don't want to hear any more "Chad Ford hate" after tonight's showing

THis is indeed the "Pissed off Hawks fan" thread.

Speak your peace is all I can say.

I want to speak to the person directly that gave this post a "negative rating"

I personally challenge you to man up and explain why you have such a problem with what I said in this post.

• Like 1

The Hawks deserve to get flamed, flamed, and flamed again over this one.

Preseason to hell - there is absolutely no excuse for this type of gutless performance in the National Spotlight.

Excuse me I didn't realize the guy that brings you Sekou Smith and half price Hawks tickets got -2 on this post. Apparently I'm all of a sudden clueless.

Well the Hawks were gutless tonight - show your own stones you two if you have them and show me you're not the same.

I'd love to debate it with you.

• Like 1

It's the pre-season. Until this stuff happens when it counts, let it slide. National television is why everyone is panicked...yes we looked liked crap, but take a deep breath and move on. It's one game, and it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

National television is why everyone is panicked...

Yep.

That, and it was our first live look at the Hawks, and it highly disappointed us. Then add the fact that maybe we are a long way from being on Orlando's level, and it's even more depressing. I guess the only thing that could've made this worse, is if this game was in Atlanta.

Also, I think people really wanted to believe that we were an elite level team, and that tonight's preseason game would show that we could play with the Magic. Unfortunately, that team shot lights out tonight.

-

Ty Lawson 8-12, 29 Points, 6 Asts, 1 TO on national TV vs Lakers. Just sayin.

~lw3

The blame is not on the Hawks this time, he was gone before they got there. Teague will be just fine though, he has a level of confidence that Law only dreamed about. :helpsmilie:

The blame is not on the Hawks this time, he was gone before they got there. Teague will be just fine though, he has a level of confidence that Law only dreamed about. helpsmilie.gif

I dunno HFL? Granted I 've only just got back to the Hawks but Teagues shot looks like ?? mine....maybe worse. OK so he's a fast little run-arounder guy but if he has absolutely no shot...he's just a ball bringer upper. Defenses will just lay off him and dare him to throw it towards the basket....while getting defensive rebounding position.

I'm going to give Teague a pass tonight because he was actually playing hard. It isn't his fault that while he's trying to run a play, that no play appears and he says f it and throws up a shot before the shot clock expires. He did drive the ball many times and was blocked but at least he was taking it to the rim. He did have a very impressive block on Howard. Teague is going to be okay. As for the Hawks as a whole, this is just a continuation of how we match up against a team with chemistry and very good talent. Hawks have little chemistry. It's seems to me it's still all jumpshots and a wide open lane for the other team to have layup drills. Where's the heart?

• Premium Member

I'm going to give Teague a pass tonight because he was actually playing hard. It isn't his fault that while he's trying to run a play, that no play appears and he says f it and throws up a shot before the shot clock expires. He did drive the ball many times and was blocked but at least he was taking it to the rim. He did have a very impressive block on Howard. Teague is going to be okay. As for the Hawks as a whole, this is just a continuation of how we match up against a team with chemistry and very good talent. Hawks have little chemistry. It's seems to me it's still all jumpshots and a wide open lane for the other team to have layup drills. Where's the heart?

I hate it when people say someone "played hard" when that player gave zero effort on D - which was the case with both Teague and Crawford tonight. Defense is 50% of the game. Sorry, but you're not "playing hard" if you're not trying for 50% of the game.

I want to speak to the person directly that gave this post a "negative rating"

I personally challenge you to man up and explain why you have such a problem with what I said in this post.

I'm not going to say who did it, even though I know, but I will say that there is a such thing as Hawksquawk karma and if someone were to regularly give out negative points to 1 particular member it seems fitting that another poster might regular give that person negative points. For those involved in what I'm talking about I'm sure you understand. How does the saying go, do unto others ... just sayin.