• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

joe not even in Crawford's class... period.

Sasquatch

I think it is pretty obvious from tonight's game that joe is not going to be "the man" on this team.

If someone who never saw or read anything about basketball saw this game, they could not tell you a single one of joe's attributes. He is just gutless. At least Crawford has a made up mind. It is obvious what he is thinking...

"Nobody on this court can guard me. Whether or not I score is just a matter of me making the shot. Whoever is guarding me is toast."

joe? Not so much.

That smell is joe.

I think it is pretty obvious from tonight's game that joe is not going to be "the man" on this team.

If someone who never saw or read anything about basketball saw this game, they could not tell you a single one of joe's attributes. He is just gutless. At least Crawford has a made up mind. It is obvious what he is thinking...

"Nobody on this court can guard me. Whether or not I score is just a matter of me making the shot. Whoever is guarding me is toast."

joe? Not so much.

That smell is joe.

I told you this LONG ago.

joe? Not so much.

That smell is joe.

LOL . . and here it comes.

(( passing "the man" torch from JJ to Crawford, and watch us lose 50 games ))

JJ definitely stunk up the joint tonight. No doubt about that. That doesn't mean give the rock to Gunner #11

• Like 1

LOL . . and here it comes.

(( passing "the man" torch from JJ to Crawford, and watch us lose 50 games ))

JJ definitely stunk up the joint tonight. No doubt about that. That doesn't mean give the rock to Gunner #11

Man damn joe.

I see you do not have a problem being embarassed.

This is not the first time we have a game against a strong opponent and get humiliated and it starts with joe.

If I lose... I lose.

But I will be damned if I let somebody humiliate me. joe is at the center of it... passive.

I would rather lose with Crawford firing back than watch that ***** roll over.

How in the hell can you sneeze at an offer in the off season and then punk out on the court.

You can bow down to him if you want... but I just turned on him tonight.

I am sick of this same story. I am not mad about the loss. I am mad about the humiliation.

joe can go to hell

• Like 1

I've never seen a player that I liked less than Joe Johnson. Dude is a low percentage chunker.

For me it is not about the percentage.

Look at Flip. People loved Flip and he did not always shoot a good percentage but you knew this guy had heart. You might be a better player but you are gonna know you played against a man.

joe will take his own pants down

• Premium Member

9 FTAs, can't be that gutless.

Thank you. I'm sorry, but this thread is laughable. If Crawford is so much better than JJ, why did JJ average more points on better teams while shooting a higher percentage from the floor and getting more assists? Please.

• Like 1

Man damn joe.

I see you do not have a problem being embarassed.

This is not the first time we have a game against a strong opponent and get humiliated and it starts with joe.

If I lose... I lose.

But I will be damned if I let somebody humiliate me. joe is at the center of it... passive.

I would rather lose with Crawford firing back than watch that ***** roll over.

How in the hell can you sneeze at an offer in the off season and then punk out on the court.

You can bow down to him if you want... but I just turned on him tonight.

I am sick of this same story. I am not mad about the loss. I am mad about the humiliation.

joe can go to hell

Dude . . this is fuggin PRESEASON.

Get upset if Indiana or Washington beats us like this, with JJ stinking up the court. I'm not telling you not to be mad at their performance. But this game doesn't mean jack shyt come Wednesday.

JJ is a 3 time All-Star, who has more than proven his worth on this team. LMAO @ turning on him NOW, after one horrible PRESEASON game. Especially after he's shot 55+% FG for the entire preseason leading up to tonight.

If anything, look at this as a game that Woody can use as a teaching tool, to get these guys all on the same page come Wednesday night.. Instead of coasting into the season opener vs Indiana, he'll have reason to work their azzes for the next 3 - 4 days.

This is like flipping out if the Falcons lost 45 - 7 to the Steelers . . in the last preseason game . . and saying that you're done with Michael Turner.

Some of you have been waiting to revert back into the "woe is me as a Hawk fan" mode. So go ahead and get it out of your system tonight.

But as soon as JJ hangs 25 - 35 points on somebody, I bet you'll be cheering his azz. So go ahead and get the crying out of your system. Cry all of that stuff out tonight.

The REAL SEASON starts Wednesday.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

This is like flipping out if the Falcons lost 45 - 7 to the Steelers . . in the last preseason game . . and saying that you're done with Michael Turner.

Some of you have been waiting to revert back into the "woe is me as a Hawk fan" mode. So go ahead and get it out of your system tonight.

But as soon as JJ hangs 25 - 35 points on somebody, I bet you'll be cheering his azz. So go ahead and get the crying out of your system. Cry all of that stuff out tonight.

Something tells me Sasquatch won't be cheering JJ anytime. He has "hater" written all over him. There are people like that on Sekou's blog - there's a resident Bibby hater, Horford hater, and Marvin hater. My guess is that he is a JJ hater, and it'll never be out of his system.

• Like 1

Dude . . this is fuggin PRESEASON.

Get upset if Indiana or Washington beats us like this, with JJ stinking up the court. I'm not telling you not to be mad at their performance. But this game doesn't mean jack shyt come Wednesday.

JJ is a 3 time All-Star, who has more than proven his worth on this team. LMAO @ turning on him NOW, after one horrible PRESEASON game. Especially after he's shot 55+% FG for the entire preseason leading up to tonight.

If anything, look at this as a game that Woody can use as a teaching tool, to get these guys all on the same page come Wednesday night.. Instead of coasting into the season opener vs Indiana, he'll have reason to work their azzes for the next 3 - 4 days.

During the REAL season last year Joe shot like 41-42% most of the year.

Even if this team wins 50 games it will be a hollow 50 wins because the three teams above are so much better.

Something tells me Sasquatch won't be cheering JJ anytime. He has "hater" written all over him. There are people like that on Sekou's blog - there's a resident Bibby hater, Horford hater, and Marvin hater. My guess is that he is a JJ hater, and it'll never be out of his system.

Correct.

As of tonight I am officially a joe hater. No doubt. So what next.

Yall can support that chump.

Preseason my butt. They just got humiliated on national tv. The Magic were laughing at them. I bought tickets. And that chump can't play like he belongs.

I don't know how many times y'all have to see this garbage but I have seen enough.

I am a joe hater.

I hate joe

I am cool wit everybody else on this team (reserve the right on Woodson). I love the ownership. I love Sund.

joe is a wuss

he has got skill but he has no heart

You got to be hot or cold with me. joe is luke warm... indifferent... garbage

During the REAL season last year Joe shot like 41-42% most of the year.

Even if this team wins 50 games it will be a hollow 50 wins because the three teams above are so much better.

LOL @ hollow 50 wins. It is what it is Mr. Hot.

And anybody who isn't a homer Hawk fan already knows that the Big 3 are called the BIG 3 for a reason. Even if JJ plays at "D-Wade level", it won't be enoug to overtake the BIG 3, if our frontline doesn't drastically improve its play.

That's out major weakness against the "elite" teams. You know it. I know it.

JJ isn't a superstar, so why are people expecting him to do what Kobe and Lebron do? Seeing JJ jack up 16+ shots in a preseason game, simply to show that he's single handedly trying to get us back into a game, does nobody any good . . if he's ice cold.

The dude, and the team ( minus Crawford and Smoove ), played like crap tonight.

Overal, they ALL had a GREAT preseason.

But people talk like Orlando's run last year was a fluke. You see what they did to us. We doubled Howard, and their shooters murdered us. We play him more straight up in the 2nd half, and HE murdered us. Then, when you get down more than 10 points, you start jackinng up quick shots and forcing 3 pointers ( and missing then )

That's how they beat people.

If we don't play great defense, or match them shot for shot, we're not going to beat the Magic.

It is what it is man.

• Like 1

It bothers me that Woodson doesnt hold Joe more accountable. Joe isnt "elite" but because for so long, he was the best player on the roster, he gets a pass on night when his presence isnt even felt on the court. Woody has to get on him the same way he would Smith, Williams and Horford if they werent doing their job. Joe's job is to score and lift the players around him. Now if you feel he cant do this consistently, then find a new role for him, let him just be another peg in the offense and not the center of it, but if you want to have him do this and be your teams leader, HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE for this.

Kobe Bryant is diving for loose balls against the Nuggets and playing with intensity. He isnt too good to play hard in the pre-season so neither is Joe. Champions make their presence felt whenever they are in competition, they dont allow themselves to get outworked by anybody on the court with them. If you get beat, its because they were better, not because they wanted it more or outworked you.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

It bothers me that Woodson doesnt hold Joe more accountable. Joe isnt "elite" but because for so long, he was the best player on the roster, he gets a pass on night when his presence isnt even felt on the court. Woody has to get on him the same way he would Smith, Williams and Horford if they werent doing their job. Joe's job is to score and lift the players around him. Now if you feel he cant do this consistently, then find a new role for him, let him just be another peg in the offense and not the center of it, but if you want to have him do this and be your teams leader, HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE for this.

Kobe Bryant is diving for loose balls against the Nuggets and playing with intensity. He isnt too good to play hard in the pre-season so neither is Joe. Champions make their presence felt whenever they are in competition, they dont allow themselves to get outworked by anybody on the court with them. If you get beat, its because they were better, not because they wanted it more or outworked you.

When have you seen Joe dive for a loose ball?

he's too cute for that. I'd try to move Joe, Marvin and a #1 for Danny Granger.

• Like 1

LOL @ hollow 50 wins. It is what it is Mr. Hot.

And anybody who isn't a homer Hawk fan already knows that the Big 3 are called the BIG 3 for a reason. Even if JJ plays at "D-Wade level", it won't be enoug to overtake the BIG 3, if our frontline doesn't drastically improve its play.

That's out major weakness against the "elite" teams. You know it. I know it.

JJ isn't a superstar, so why are people expecting him to do what Kobe and Lebron do? Seeing JJ jack up 16+ shots in a preseason game, simply to show that he's single handedly trying to get us back into a game, does nobody any good . . if he's ice cold.

The dude, and the team ( minus Crawford and Smoove ), played like crap tonight.

Overal, they ALL had a GREAT preseason.

But people talk like Orlando's run last year was a fluke. You see what they did to us. We doubled Howard, and their shooters murdered us. We play him more straight up in the 2nd half, and HE murdered us. Then, when you get down more than 10 points, you start jackinng up quick shots and forcing 3 pointers ( and missing then )

That's how they beat people.

If we don't play great defense, or match them shot for shot, we're not going to beat the Magic.

It is what it is man.

It is what it is?

I'll tell you what it is... It is a 4th seed team that has maxed out it's potential and can't get out of the 2nd round. Sound familiar? Sorta like a team the Hawks had about 10 years ago.

If its one thing I know about NBA basketball to be 100% fact is that preseason means NOTHING.

So Joe didnt feel like playing on the second night of a road back to back ... well it sucks for fans but hey he doesnt have to he just needs to show up next week . I do think that this was crap orchestrated just so the NBA could the magic on espn .,