• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Knicks

exodus

A great win! Simply because if we would have lost then beat the Celts...it wouldn't have mattered. Similar to Charlotte and Denver. Marvin isn't hurting the team. 6-2 and looking strong. He's not standing out because he's not as talented as his teammates and there's no offense. It's not his fault. He's making the best of a bad situation as an individual. We're winning. He's part of it, and he's not a liability.

It is nice to see that the Hawks are good enough now to just turn it on like they did in the 3rd and overwhelm a team they should beat like the Knicks. It almost covers up that horribly played first half. But what in the world is Woody doing with Teague? And what was that lineup of Joe, Marv, Mo, Joe Smith and Zaza about?

It is nice to see that the Hawks are good enough now to just turn it on like they did in the 3rd and overwhelm a team they should beat like the Knicks. It almost covers up that horribly played first half. But what in the world is Woody doing with Teague? And what was that lineup of Joe, Marv, Mo, Joe Smith and Zaza about?

I hope Woody lets teague develop. He is starting to resort to his old habits by playing it safe with the vets without developing the rest of the bench. We are going to need teague towards the end of the season to give us that extra spark. I don't like the way woody gives him spotty minutes. Its ridiculous

Huge games by Smith and Horford which you would expect against the Knicks. Too much selfish play from JJ though.

Marvin is really getting to be a concern. The Hawks are going to need him before this year is out. His shooting slump seems to be getting in his head.

I think you are right on about Marvin Ex. His poor play (particularly his shooting) is getting into his head and he's CLEARLY pressing rather than letting the game come to him.

I wonder if it has anything to do with signing that long term contract? Smove seemed to struggle with that last year. I think Smoove initially thought he had to justify his contract by scoring points but that was never intended to be his role. When he figured out and accepted his role, he played better and he is playing at an All Star level so far this year. Marvin needs to just relax and continue to do what he did last year. If he gives us what he gave us for the majority of last year, we will be a very difficult team to beat.

Edited by Traceman

• Premium Member

Huge games by Smith and Horford which you would expect against the Knicks. Too much selfish play from JJ though.

Marvin is really getting to be a concern. The Hawks are going to need him before this year is out. His shooting slump seems to be getting in his head.

Just give those minutes to Evans. The dude is playing lights out this year.

Just give those minutes to Evans. The dude is playing lights out this year.

Agreed. We can't continue to just have a warm body at sf. Sad to say but Evans would give us more now there than Marv. Maybe coming off the bench will light a fire under Marvin's butt.....and burn a few pounds off of it so he can find his equilibrium.

• Premium Member

I think you are right on about Marvin Ex. His poor play (particularly his shooting) is getting into his head and he's CLEARLY pressing rather than letting the game come to him.

I wonder if it has anything to do with signing that long term contract? Smove seemed to struggle with that last year. I think Smoove initially thought he had to justify his contract by scoring points but that was never intended to be his role. When he figured out and accepted his role, he played better and he is playing at an All Star level so far this year. Marvin needs to just relax and continue to do what he did last year. If he gives us what he gave us for the majority of last year, we will be a very difficult team to beat.

Don't you hate when you have to go out in the cold and get that old excuse machine crunk up??

Good comeback win on the road last night. The team came out in the second half and played with the energy and focus they should have started the game with.

Heavy minutes for the starters. With the team struggling in the first half, it would have been nice to see Woody try more combinations from the bench to find a spark.

Marvin is really a concern. He looked very timid and uncomfortable last night. At what point does Woody consider starting Mo to put an end to the slow starts.

• Moderators

Horford was a beast after a really poor first half. I was disappointed Teague didn't get it in. If there is a game he belongs in its against the Knicks particularly in the first half when JJ looked terrible and Crawford was no better. Oh well, i'm cutting woody a little slack since we're winning and at least we went inside in the second half and rebounded better. The Knicks really stink.

Mo has been great this year. I was disappointed in him last year but he's been really good off the bench. Joe Smith seems to be waiting until later in the season to kick it into gear.