• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eating Crow on Craw

benhillboy

I wasn't a fan of the Crawford addition at first. Poor shooting percentage, career loser.

I feel like a dumba$#. The man balls out. The three in the corner with dude in his jersey convinced me. He uses his wierd torso build (like an old-school robot) very well when squaring his shoulders to shoot and absorbing contact on drives. He can hit a jumper with contact with the best of 'em, and when he isn't carrying, can maneuver to his desired spot at will. He's only taking open threes in rhythm. Much like Flip, it seems this will easily be Craw's best season becasue the parts around him relieve pressure, and vice versa, so he is free to dazzle home and away crowds alike. As long as he shoots 48% and has 1 more assist than turnover, give him all the minutes he wants, because there simply aren't many teams who can withstand Josh and Craw acting plum fools at the same time on both ends. Hell, some teams will just sit back and enjoy it like the Celtics, and their fans, did.

Let's go Hawks.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I wasn't a fan of the Crawford addition at first. Poor shooting percentage, career loser.

I feel like a dumba$#. The man balls out. The three in the corner with dude in his jersey convinced me. He uses his wierd torso build (like an old-school robot) very well when squaring his shoulders to shoot and absorbing contact on drives. He can hit a jumper with contact with the best of 'em, and when he isn't carrying, can maneuver to his desired spot at will. He's only taking open threes in rhythm. Much like Flip, it seems this will easily be Craw's best season becasue the parts around him relieve pressure, and vice versa, so he is free to dazzle home and away crowds alike. As long as he shoots 48% and has 1 more assist than turnover, give him all the minutes he wants, because there simply aren't many teams who can withstand Josh and Craw acting plum fools at the same time on both ends. Hell, some teams will just sit back and enjoy it like the Celtics, and their fans, did.

Let's go Hawks.

Be sure to save a plate for northcyde. you don't have to eat alone.

I was all for the trade. Crawford has been even better than i thought.

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member

I don't like this kind of basketball, but like Flip, Crawford just fits here with iso driven offensive system.

Exactly. It was a masterstroke by Sund to get a guy who is so perfectly suited for our offense - and who could be a solid contributor in any offense if properly utilized. I was ambivalent about the Crawford addition, but it was one of those "the more I thought about it" deals.

Crawford hasn't been as good as I hoped. As soon as Woody and JJ let him have the ball more and let him play 35 mpg, Crawford will be as good as I thought.

One thing I thought wouldn't work was Bibby+Crawford backcourt. I thought that would be the worst backcourt in the NBA and Craw+JJ+Marv would be a great defense offense combination.

Since Bibby is playing as good as ever, and Marv is taking time to mentally adjust to his offensive demotion to the 6th option, Bibby+Crawford is deservingly getting a lot of quality minutes, and their superior offensive production has overwhelmed their defensive short comings.

You can see how the players move around more when iso Crawford is on.

JJ>>>>>>>>>>Crawford.

iso JJ <<<<<<< iso crawford.

Everybody knows when there is no offensive system, you need one on one gems to overcome the coach's shortcomings. Sund is not an idiot. Why didn't BK get it?

He does fit perfectly in our offense. He can score at will. We need those types of players, and Craws is one of the best one-on-one guy in the league. Great move. The kicker to me, is how we got him. Acie and Speedy? Seriously....it's almost a crime how we got him.

He does fit perfectly in our offense. He can score at will. We need those types of players, and Craws is one of the best one-on-one guy in the league. Great move. The kicker to me, is how we got him. Acie and Speedy? Seriously....it's almost a crime how we got him.

[/qu

It's absurd when you think about it. The Warriors, Grizzlies, and Timberwolves basically stockpile good players, and trade them to good teams for less than nothing. Mindboggling. Monta Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Biedrins, O.J., Rudy, and a slim chance Al Jeff will all go for about half their value whether it be by draft picks, trades, payroll restructuring, or combinations of the three. We should be on the lookout for more gifts.

Edited by benhillboy

I'm not eatin that plate just yet, but he is playing very good basketball right now. The guy still takes way too many jumpers that he could take all the way to the rim. He loves taking tough shots though.

If he's still playing at this level come Christmas, I'll gladly eat that plate. Hopefully Marvin's shot will come back, in case of a future Crawford shooting slump.

You know, his stats are not exceptional to his career averages except in efficiency. He's flourishing in his role because his role is so simple - score, score, score.

He's a great fit for Woody Ball.

yeah but that pretty much says it all . There were some claims that the only reason he scored so many points was because he was ballhog but as weve seen he is a 20 ppg game scorer in the nba because thats what his actual talent level is . Hes getting 18 ppg on 12 shots and is getting to the line over 5 times a game in 29 minutes .He is showing that he is a severely underrated player in the nba.

• Premium Member

You know, his stats are not exceptional to his career averages except in efficiency. He's flourishing in his role because his role is so simple - score, score, score.

He's a great fit for Woody Ball.

I don't think his role is score, score, score...

Craw makes more good passes on our team. When he subs in and Joe goes to the three, we're the most dangerous team in the game. Even a top rated defense, will have trouble dealing with 2 guys who are expert iso guys, and a dead eye shooter. Both JJ and Craw can pass out of the iso... Teams can no longer afford to double Joe because cross court, there's a wide open Craw who (if he gets hot) can burn a hole in the nets... and there's also Bibby who can hit the wide open three better than most SGs. We are the spread offense of basketball. We're like the West Coast offense of basketball.

My initial reaction was "meh" because of all the negativity I had associated with Crawford, but that soon after as I thought about it more. Coming off the bench for an already established playoff team is the perfect situation for him. He doesn't have to force things which lets him play in a nice rhythm, but he still has the capability to go bat s*** crazy if needed. His midrange shot is $$$ and what's more promising is you know he's going to shoot a lot better from 3 than he has been.

I know its only been ten games but count me among the guys who thought that Rick Sund should've been locked up and convicted of grand larceny for stealing Crawford from Golden State. And folks wonder why bad teams stay bad for so long? You'd really think that Nelson and Co. would've held out for a future draft pick, a better player, or something more that what they ended up getting back.

While I really don't count on Crawford to put up these type of numbers over the course of the year, he's the best player (numbers wise) the Hawks have had to come of the bench since....since....