• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woodson asks for fans to show up !

coachx

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62851/20091117/woodson_asks_for_fans_support/

"All I can say to our fans is we need your support," said Woodson. "These guys are playing for something this year, man. It's fun watching us play. I know the fans are there and we just ask you to come out and support us because they [the players] need it. I think amazing things can happen when the house is filled."

The official turnout of Monday's game was 12,997. However, it is unlikely that there were more than 3,000 fans in the stands at tip-off.

The Hawks, however, are one of three teams that have not lost a game at home this year (Denver, Phoenix). They are 5-0 at Philips Arena.

Edited by coachx

If I lived in Atlanta I would have season tix.

Unfortunately I live in Oklahoma and get to see them once a year.

I wish the fans there would support the team more. Are they at least now cheering for the Hawks instead of the other team?

i will say the fans at the Portland game were almost 100% Hawks supporters it seemed

not so much at the Lakers game ;)

also that 119 Q that i was at for Portland was great...did you sell your seats on stubhub Jonnybravo?

lol

Go Hawks!

Whenever I have brought this subject up in the past, all I got were excuses from some of the Hawk fans who live in ATL. Some of the excuses were valid. Others were BS.

People will blame the recession, but I'll bet you that the article over the summer about NBA attendance and revenue had an effect on the Hawks.

That article pretty much pulled the rug over the sad truth about ATL sports fans. The Hawks were pretty much giving away damn near 5500 tickets a game last year, which resulted in us having one of the lowest gate revenue per game numbers in the league. Even though we've been a top 10 home team for 2 years, people really weren't coming out to see the Hawks, like fans in other cities do their teams.

And I'll bet that the organization made a conscious decision to NOT give that many tickets away this season, and start making people pay to see this team. I forget the word that was used in the article to describe this practice . . . but league-wide, some teams give away a certain amount of tickets so that they'll at least get consession stand money from people attending games off the free tickets.

It's sad though. I live 4.5 hours away from ATL, and I make it a point to attend 5 - 10 home games a year . . and then will attend at least 1 playoff game per series.

It's pretty much no excuses for the so-called die hard Hawk fans living in ATL now. Before, they would gloss over our home record the past 2 years ( including playoffs ) . . 62 - 27 . . and act like the Hawks weren't worth paying to see @ Philips, because their road record was horrible . . which brought down the overall record.

No excuses now though. We-re the #1 rated team in the league, and play an uptempo exciting brand of basketball. All of the things that some of the fans have been crying about for years.

I'm sure people will show up to see D-Wade, which means there will be 4 - 5,000 fake Heat fans in the building. Just sickening.

For you guys and gals who go to games on a regular basis . . God Bless You. They definitely need your support.

I make it to as many as I can, I really wish that I could be at more of them but being a full time college student and trying to pull at least 30 hours a week at my job doesn't give me many oppertunities. I had to request off for hs night and STILL had to work but I at least convinced him to let me leave early, didn't get to meet up with the guys tho. It sucks being here but still not being able to go to games like I want. Once school is over and I start my career lifetime season tickets here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Would love to go to the game this evening but can't make it...

I've been to 2 games already this season and normally make it to about 10 to 12 games a year. Yea, not impressive but I make sure that I'm loud enough to make up for the ones I miss.. :)

Went to game 7 against Miami last year. Phillips was off the hook. Especially the part where the crowd started chanting "Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" as the Heat fans filed out of the building. Awesome game.

There are plenty of fans are out there, but who can honestly make it to all 40-odd home games...

• Moderators

I'm sure i'll get flamed but if they really want to fill the seats they could lower the ticket prices. Sure they are giving tix away but that only helps if they give them to ME. Which they don't. I'd go to more if you could get decent seats for a decent price. Someone said they like Philips because they can always get lower level seats for $25. If you can get scalper/broker tix for a fraction of the face value of the seat then there's a problem.