• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Josh Smith isn't the starting PF in the All-Star game

Admin

I don't know who flipped the switch inside of his head but he has realized every ounce of potential that the scouts saw in him and I absofreakinlutely LOVE this years Josh Smith. He could lead the league in rebounding, blocks, FG%, and exciting plays and nobody could stop him from doing that except himself.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I don't know who flipped the switch inside of his head but he has realized every ounce of potential that the scouts saw in him and I absofreakinlutely LOVE this years Josh Smith. He could lead the league in rebounding, blocks, FG%, and exciting plays and nobody could stop him from doing that except himself.

If he continues to rebound and defend at this torrid pace than we can start talking about MVP with this guy.

Smith has been pretty scary lately but he isnt' going to start the All-Star game. If he keeps playing like this he should definitely get in though.

Bosh is putting up 26/12. That is really scary.

Gotta go and kill the dream huh?

Raise your hand if you thought the 4-5 combo of Josh and Al could be so dominant over almost all of their opponents.

There aren't many tendems in the league that put up those numbers.

Most don't get close; and the great thing is it is somewhat balanced. Focus all your energy on one; the other beats the hell out of you. Smoove keeps it up, he will at least be a coaches selection; I just do not see how anyone can ignore what he is doing so far this season.

• Admin

Honestly I have been one of the biggest Josh Smith detractors over the years but I have to say he is a different player this year. He is using his head, he is boxing out, he is playing good d, he is not taking threes, making smart passes and taking his time. Right now he is playing at all star level. I am completely shocked and very impressed.

He won't be a starter ever for the all star team because it is a popularity vote.

• Premium Member

If we keep it up...

Josh = Starting PF.

Joe = Starting SG.

Bibby = Starting PG.

Horf = Reserve Center behind Howard.

&

Craw = Reserved SG.

& Vince Carter, Gilbert Arenas, Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, and Mo Williams will be watching from home...

OH Yeah,

And Woody will be coaching. Iso Joe Left. Iso Lebron Right. Iso Howard Middle.

Edited by Diesel

I think SMoove has a reputation (duh that's why nobody guards him on the perimeter hoping he'll shoot) that will give him some difficulty this year.

However he's playing great.

I think Josh is a year or two away from getting the respect to be an All-Star, much of his fate will be determined by how the team does.

He went over someone's back in the 4th and grabbed a rebound - I said to myself "Wow that's a foul but he skied on that guy"

I just hope the offensive boards keep coming.

If we keep it up...

Josh = Starting PF.

Joe = Starting SG.

Bibby = Starting PG.

Horf = Reserve Center behind Howard.

&

Craw = Reserved SG.

& Vince Carter, Gilbert Arenas, Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, and Mo Williams will be watching from home...

OH Yeah,

And Woody will be coaching. Iso Joe Left. Iso Lebron Right. Iso Howard Middle.

Do they select coaches for the All-star game via current year record up to a certain point or the prior year's record at the end of the season?

I really don't know the answer to that question.

Most don't get close; and the great thing is it is somewhat balanced. Focus all your energy on one; the other beats the hell out of you. Smoove keeps it up, he will at least be a coaches selection; I just do not see how anyone can ignore what he is doing so far this season.

They're a great compliment to each other on both ends of the floor. So often you see one get the other a good look, or one give help on defense blocking a shot, or one cleaning up the other's miss. They run the floor together and the biggest thing this year they're boxing out together. Josh has never boxed out like you'd want, but this year he's doing it with an intensity. And if he has good positioning on you then you're out of luck because no way you're out jumping him.

I didn't get to see the game tonight (had to work), but i did see that Josh took a 3 in the boxscore........exactly what happened?

Do they select coaches for the All-star game via current year record up to a certain point or the prior year's record at the end of the season?

I really don't know the answer to that question.

Whoever has the best record in each conference like two weeks before the game are the coaches. So right now it's looking like Atlanta could have as many as 4 All Stars. I really don't want to see Woodson coaching the All Star team, but if it means we have the best record that late into the season then I'm all for it.