• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Calm down Craw!

DJlaysitup

It's difficult to post negative stuff about Craw - because he is exactly what we needed (another scorer)...still...Craw needs to see the floor better and make passes. Obviously Craw is a scorer and isn't a defensive stopper...but he has been hanging in there defensively lately. Not great but I'd give him a B- on Defense....which is by far the best grade he has ever got in his career.

Maybe it's about being the 6th man. But Craw should understand that he isn't going to get "Mario Minutes"...he is going to get 30+ every night. So calm down a bit Craw - you don't have to shoot every time (especially when the shot clock is long).

It's difficult to post negative stuff about Craw - because he is exactly what we needed (another scorer)...still...Craw needs to see the floor better and make passes. Obviously Craw is a scorer and isn't a defensive stopper...but he has been hanging in there defensively lately. Not great but I'd give him a B- on Defense....which is by far the best grade he has ever got in his career.

Maybe it's about being the 6th man. But Craw should understand that he isn't going to get "Mario Minutes"...he is going to get 30+ every night. So calm down a bit Craw - you don't have to shoot every time (especially when the shot clock is long).

..the same could be said about Joe lol...as long as the shots are going in, we really can't complain..I like his style of play, and I like that he goes hard, like Mario did, every single second on the floor...I hope he keeps it up.

• Premium Member

Honestly, I think Crawford is doing EXACTLY what he's been instructed to do, and that is SHOOT early and often. Both JJ and Woodson's comments on that subject seem to confirm that. Heck, he was just trying to "fit in" at first and played very conservative until Woodson asked him to be more aggressive and score the ball. Crawford scoring the ball has made life on JJ MUCH, MUCH easier. I've noticed a dramatic decrease in teams throwing the hard double team at JJ this season, and that is due to Crawford's scoring. I loved Flip when he was here, but Flip has nothing on Craw when it comes to scoring punch off the bench.

• Premium Member

Woody gave him the green light.

• Premium Member

I do see him calling for the ball often but if the other guys on the floor are OK with it then I guess all's square. Wish he could spread some that want-to to our boy Marvin.

• Premium Member

this should be directed toward jj ... seen him force one when craw was wide open last night. craw has 2 yrs left on contract lol

Both Craw and JJ do it. It's a natural byproduct of an offense where isolations and 1-on-1s make up a majority of the half-court plays.

• Premium Member

this should be directed toward jj ... seen him force one when craw was wide open last night. craw has 2 yrs left on contract lol

But JJ is probably the best passer on this team. JJ is THE leader of this team and is trying to step up and behave like one. He's been pretty clutch in the scoring dept and has made some EXCELLENT passes once he draws the defense. It's kinda strange to read so many negative posts about JJ lately when he's actually playing well. I think JJ and Crawford are a great scoring tandem when they are on the floor together and they both have decent playmaking ability.

Edited by hawkman

His play has been shaky the last 4 or 5 games. Right now he is just scoring more than Flip. He does need to pick it up as a playmaker.

His job is to be in attack mode every second that hes on the floor .

What I like is that in his last 5 games

13,10,10,14,15 those are shots per game the last 5 games that is quite excellent because in the two games where he was off he only took 10 shots in each of those games . Considering the cries of how he was gonna be going 4-17 and such I will take an occasional 3-10 those especially considering he was basically sitting in the corner shooting threes in those games. I like what Im seeing through the first 15 from everyone I dont think anyone couldve asked for more .

The one thing I really like from Crawford right now is the last 4 games 9 steals and 2 blocks Ill take that from someone who apparently "doesnt play any defense at all." Just need to continue to build on it .

Crawford has been fine. The only things i would like to see are for him to start hitting 3s and get a rebound once in awhile. He started hitting 3s last game and is a career 35% shooter from 3 so i expect him to do better than his current 28%. He is getting a lot of open looks from 3 so if he starts hitting the Hawks offense could be really tough to stop.

When you consider that JJ, Bibby, Mo, Crawford and Marvin can all hit 3s and obviously Smith/Horford can score inside the Hawks offense could be pretty scary if the 3s start falling.

Edited by exodus