• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If

Diesel

• Premium Member

If I didn't know that we had beat Philly, I wouildn't have known by this site. We are pathetic winners. I know over the past 10 years, we haven't had a whole lot of practice being winners, but we need to get better at this. With about 20% of the season being completed, we were the best team in basketball. That's significant. We lost to the Eastern Conference Champions after being up by 13 on them going into the half and we're crying spilled milk all over the place. So much so that we just totally neglect a win over Philly and prolly will neglect a win over Detroit. I read somebody's commentation that "well, it was just Philly"... When we were a 13 win team a few years back, we would have welcomed a win against anybody at this point of the season. It's sad that there's 1 post on the philly game and not about the philly win and there are a page full of posts about our loss to Orlando. If you really want to examine the Orlando loss... We dominated the first half and in the second half, they used Dwight Howard to his full potential. Does that mean that we're donefor? That we can't win?

Here's some truth from the movie the fan...

Bobby Rayburn: At least you're not one of those diehard, you know, baseball fans, you know, really.

Gil Renard: Why's that?

Bobby Rayburn: Because those guys are losers.

Gil Renard: Aren't the fans what it's all about?

Bobby Rayburn: Sheee-it! I'll tell you something, man, the fans are like women. When you're hitting, they love you, and when you're not, they just as soon spit on you as look at you!

This is what we're becoming.

• Premium Member

I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not. These individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 82 nights for the next 5 months, to represent you, this hcity. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team.

• Like 1

I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not. These individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 82 nights for the next 5 months, to represent you, this hcity. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team.

Does that include Marvin? Just wondering....

• Like 2

You think these players give a crap about the fans? All they care about is the big fat pay check. Pro players don't deserve that kind of support.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What exactly has he been "dead on" about? His posts usually focus on how he has secret knowledge that Marvin doesn't put in any work and is basically taking money from the organization.

My posts about Marvin are truth to those who will accept it.

In my heart, I hope that Marvin would become a player who makes a difference on the court. However, I'm not going to lie to myself and say he's the best ___________ we have. I'm not going to lie to myself and say if we give him 3 more years he will learn to step up. I'm not going to lie to myself and say he's just in a shooting slump. When I see Marvin, I see a guy who is very indifferent towards the game of basketball. A guy who is star struck by the work ethics of others. He used to drool over how hard Salim worked. My question then was why don't you join him. He is star struck by Jamal Crawford. He is a guy who LUCKED up and got the attention of a GM who really loved 6'9" long forwards. The only reason why any Hawks fan would praise Marvin is because we drafted him. If he were a Pacer... we would not pay him any attention. We would never propose trading for him. Again. I bring the truth.

• Like 1

• Moderators

To the original post, we should all be enjoying this success - no doubt. We are seeing this team hit the next level this season so far. Hopefully they will keep it up!

I saw a stat last night on NBA2NIGHT that we had the second best record against winning teams in the NBA: 6-2, while the best was 4-1. Good stuff!

I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not. These individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 82 nights for the next 5 months, to represent you, this city. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team.

Great statement highlighted in red. That seems to be what is going on. Being a playoff team, all of a sudden, isn't good enough for some people now. We now have to be a championship caliber team . . in November. And if we don't beat these teams now, all is lost for the season?

Nah.

Last season, we beat the Magic in Orlando in November. Ever since then, that team has had our number.

• Premium Member

You think these players give a crap about the fans? All they care about is the big fat pay check. Pro players don't deserve that kind of support.

Just out of curiosity, why do you watch the hawks? I mean, it is pretty obvious you pretty much freaking hate doing so, and sincerely It just seems like you would save yourself a lot of grief if you simply stopped following the team.

Edited by Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

Why are other dudes so concerned with what other dudes have to say? Last time I checked it's a message board and not Hawks public relations. Geesh guys don't take every comment so personal. You really think any of these multimillionaires losing sleep over our comments?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

My take? We've had as many of these "rah, rah" threads on here as the "doom & gloom" ones.

Can't we just focus on the basketball and stop dramatizing over the differing levels of fanhood? If not, I may just go watch "Desperate Housewives" with my wife since it will be more manly than this place...

Edited by mrhonline

My 2 cents on Diesel. I find something amazing about Diesel and I. On things politics related he and I disagree 90% of the time. On things basketball related he and i agree 90% of the time. Maybe the only thing I've really disagreed with him on basketball wise is Marvin and I think both he and I have moved a little closer to the center on that one. How he and I can be polar opposites on politics and blood brothers on basketball I don't know.

The Orlando loss reemphasizes that Woody can't coach. He does do a good job of getting our players to play hard. That combined with our depth gives us a shot at a top2 eastern seed. With homecourt advantage I think we have a good shot of beating anyone. The problem that still might occur though is we lose even with homecourt advantage just because Woody gets outcoached. So my strategy is to just root for the best record possible. I wont worry about some key losses to top competitors as long as our overall record remains in the top of the league.