• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Knicks thread

Hawksquawk

To be fair, Craw isn't exactly smiling..and he seems to be looking over to the bench (maybe at Woody?). I figure Nate was just all excited and he knew Craw was a friend and went over to hug him like - I'm back buddy. Craw likely wanted no part of it but what could he do?

Well, they were teammates for a little while. Who cares. The game was over.

just keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel better about yourself and marvin. As I said 14 pt lead in the 4th and Marvin shot them right back into the game .

What you should really be mad about is the fact that Horfs only touch the whole 4th quarter came from a offensive rebound. We were killing the Knicks inside; yet JJ, Bibby, Crawford, Marvin, Evans, and Smoove all took multiple jump shots in the fourth quarter. Guess all that is Marvins fault too.

• Premium Member

What you should really be mad about is the fact that Horfs only touch the whole 4th quarter came from a offensive rebound. We were killing the Knicks inside; yet JJ, Bibby, Crawford, Marvin, Evans, and Smoove all took multiple jump shots in the fourth quarter. Guess all that is Marvins fault too.

Horf was 11-14. At this point it is pretty clear that the one thing holding Horford back is Woodson. Despite his FG% ballooning to 60% this year his touches have increased by exactly one shot a game.

Horf was 11-14. At this point it is pretty clear that the one thing holding Horford back is Woodson. Despite his FG% ballooning to 60% this year his touches have increased by exactly one shot a game.

It has gotten to the point that ISO JJ/Craw, should be replaced at least 50% of the time with post up Horf and let him play or pass out to the open man. Horf is fast becoming a beast and not only do most of us here see it; but opposing players, coaches, and announcers see it.

Horf is fast becoming a beast and not only do most of us here see it; but opposing players, coaches, and announcers see it.

Yep Bingo!..on target..hit it on the button..no sh!t!..that's what I'm talking about.

Just change the rotation. Make Horford a PF. How hard is that? Well we need a center you ask,,,we got one...Zaza. Not great but serviceable. Then we need a SF?...we got one...Smoove...granted we don;t want him shooting outside much but what's the diff? Marvin ain't going 10-14.

First string = Zaza, Horford, Smoove, JJ, Bibby

Second string = Collins, Joe Smith, Mo, Craw, Teague

Edited by DJlaysitup

Yep Bingo!..on target..hit it on the button..no sh!t!..that's what I'm talking about.

Just change the rotation. Make Horford a PF. How hard is that? Well we need a center you ask,,,we got one...Zaza. Not great but serviceable. Then we need a SF?...we got one...Smoove...granted we don;t want him shooting outside much but what's the diff? Marvin ain't going 10-14.

That doesn't look like a bad lineup.

• Premium Member

We absolutely can not play Smoove at the three. He has no range and he would be forced to have to shoot outside jumpers and three pointers at that position.

I totally agree with giving Horford more touches, it is criminal he doesn't get more chances. We rely too much on jump shots or Iso Joe (and now Iso Craw) when we can pound it inside with Horford and Smoove and get good results.

Or just keep Horford at C and get him more touches.

We absolutely can not play Smoove at the three. He has no range and he would be forced to have to shoot outside jumpers and three pointers at that position.

Why would he be forced to shoot outside jumpers and three pointers? I don't remember Worthy being forced to do that and he was an awesome 3. It's not like we are short on perimeter shooters.

To be fair, Craw isn't exactly smiling..and he seems to be looking over to the bench (maybe at Woody?). I figure Nate was just all excited and he knew Craw was a friend and went over to hug him like - I'm back buddy. Craw likely wanted no part of it but what could he do?

Hugging a brother is one thing. Holding his head to your breast is another. Craw needs to learn a man hug. The double bro 2 fist back tap is a good place to start.