• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How long does Management have before they have to add another player.

Blunt91

Just curious to know how long can the Hawks go with a 12man roster? I know the league requires you to carry at least 13 so when will the Hawks be forced to sign another player be it a journeyman or NBDL player.

From Sund's own words in an AJC article he said that there is basically a 2 week grace period before they have to fill that roster spot.

Okay thanks, I hope they make a good choice about who to sign for the rest of the season.

• Premium Member

Okay thanks, I hope they make a good choice about who to sign for the rest of the season.

Yup - if I'm not mistaken, they have until the 19th to sign someone.

Where is Mike Wilks ? I think the Thunder cut him.

I saw former UGA PG, S. Gaines, just got signed. I've alwasye liked his hard nose game seems like a Sloan kind of player. He reminds me of Wilks but a little stronger with more scoring talent. I'd have liked to have taken a flyer out on him.

http://my.nba.com/cms/106711/sundiata_gaines_signs_with_utah

I heard a few churps (no not tweets) about Matt Harpring wanting to play for the Hawks.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Where is Mike Wilks ? I think the Thunder cut him.

I saw former UGA PG, S. Gaines, just got signed. I've alwasye liked his hard nose game seems like a Sloan kind of player. He reminds me of Wilks but a little stronger with more scoring talent. I'd have liked to have taken a flyer out on him.

http://my.nba.com/cms/106711/sundiata_gaines_signs_with_utah

I heard a few churps (no not tweets) about Matt Harpring wanting to play for the Hawks.

Matt Harpring would be nice if he's healthy. Very hard-nosed player.

I don't think he's healthy...he was on the Jazz broadcast a while back. Seems like a future coach, if you ask me...

I think his playing days are over also. Maybe a player/coach role who mostly learns the business of coaching; while getting DNPS and on the job training. Not going to impact a team with his play.

Edited by Buzzard