• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

That Loss will sting

frankthetank966

Gimme a break Hotlanta. Thunder are NOT a better team than the Hawks. Noooooo wayyyyyy in hell. Check back with me when the Hawks have the better record at the end of the season. Please tell me ur kidding.

The Thunder actually go out there and play defense instead of just talking about it like the Hawks do. They have the better play maker and the better PG. Besides, this team is a big fat choke of a team. How many 4th periods have they had big droughts again? I mean, what team does that night after night? What other team does that?

If people want to argue talent, argue if you will.... But the consistent effort is NOT there. The Hawks getting outworked if very common the last month or two.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

And Craw too. Honestly Smoove or Horford get an offensive rebound (NEW SHOT CLOCK)..pass it out and we just jack another shot immediately! Insanity. Woody should have pulled both JJ and Craw in the 4th quarter. They were trying to outdo each other (IMHO). Dumb basketball. Very Dumb.

what ?

The best time to take those threes are off of an offensive rebound . Crawford was left all lone in the corner and you want him taking that shot everytime . That was maybe the biggest shot of the game and one he normally makes but he just couldnt get it down . the same with JJ's shot we had some GREAT looks in the 4th the shots just didnt fall.

We had 27 assists as well but everyone is saying we were selfish and thats just not the case . We had 14 more shot attempts than the Thunder again the shots we normally make didnt fall and Im not talking about threes but short twos .

Kristic going off and getting his season average in the first quarter is a problem . We need to come out and play better at the start of games on both ends . How many games has it been now that the starters make there first 2-3 shots but display absolutely no energy on either end of the court.This was a HUGE opportunity as the Celts and Magic both loss to try and maneuver into that second seed before the all star break. When was the last time we were able to take a game or more lead in the division and yet the starters again came out as if they were in the last game of a 8 game road trip playing for nothing.

what ?

The best time to take those threes are off of an offensive rebound . Crawford was left all lone in the corner and you want him taking that shot everytime . That was maybe the biggest shot of the game and one he normally makes but he just couldnt get it down . the same with JJ's shot we had some GREAT looks in the 4th the shots just didnt fall.

We had 27 assists as well but everyone is saying we were selfish and thats just not the case . We had 14 more shot attempts than the Thunder again the shots we normally make didnt fall and Im not talking about threes but short twos .

Kristic going off and getting his season average in the first quarter is a problem . We need to come out and play better at the start of games on both ends . How many games has it been now that the starters make there first 2-3 shots but display absolutely no energy on either end of the court.This was a HUGE opportunity as the Celts and Magic both loss to try and maneuver into that second seed before the all star break. When was the last time we were able to take a game or more lead in the division and yet the starters again came out as if they were in the last game of a 8 game road trip playing for nothing.

This team often plays without heart or passion. That's the worst part of it. It's great that the team got off to a good start, but the goal is to maintain it and the hawks aren't doing a good job of it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I can't believe you guys still argue with Hotlanta. Hasn't everyone figured out he's a troll by now? Nobody honestly believes the Thunder are a better team.

yeah,the Hawks whopping 3 more wins shows that it aint even possible. A whole 3 wins. The problem with fans is that they're biased. It' s kind of head scratching to see some act like this team is doing great when it's just a few above .500 since the start of December. The team is playing worse and worse as the season goes along.But hey, they can squeak by an aging and injured Boston team so they must be top notch.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Whoa! A COUPLE of exceptions.

This says all that everyone needs to know about your posting.......this is ridiculous!!!! Seriously? In that case Hots aren't their losses just a couple of exceptions also? Do you ever really make a point or do you just hope that people don't really pay attention to your posts and call you out on them?

Edited by jy21

• Premium Member

Hawks lost to a good team (15-4 vs EC) with an elite player. No shame in that I say. Still think Hawks would beat this team 5 out of 6 times.

• Like 1

The Thunder are a very good team. You can tell that they are when you watch them. Kristic killed us with those midrange jumpers. But that's something that Nenad has always done. Like Big Z, the midrange jumper is his shot. The Thunder could easily be on a 6 game win streak, seeing that they lost to San Antonio in OT by 1, and lost to Dallas by 1.

Durant is the truth. He can make the long midrange jumper and put the ball on the floor and draw a ton of fouls. Then when he gets to the line, he's going to shoot in the high 80% range. If he can become a 40% 3 point shooter, or start to finish better around the rim, that team is going to become a squad to be reckoned with come playoff time. If I'm in the West, and I'm anybody outside of the Lakers, I wouuldn't want to face either OK City or Memphis in the playoffs. I think both of those teams are going to make the playoffs in the West and are going to be a NIGHTMARE for 2 of the top 4 teams.

What you're seeing in this league this year, is that the only elite teams in the league, may only be the Cavs and the Lakers. Then you have a group of 7 - 10 teams that are right with each other, and will battle to the death every night.

One of the things to keep in mind about the Hawks, is that we haven't played a lot of games against the so called "bottom feeders" of the league yet. No games vs Milwaukee yet. Only 1 game vs Philly. None vs Golden St yet. Only 1 game vs Detroit ( even though they beat us last time). Clippers aren't a "bottom feeder", but we haven't played them yet either.

When it comes to the good and elite teams, they're going to knock each other off now and then. The key for us is to win at least 50 - 60% of those battles, which we have been doing, to keep up our current pace. So we'll see how the season turns out and if we can do that against the good teams, and can simply handle business against the lesser teams about 80% of the time.

Edited by northcyde

We're in first place in a division with three teams (Us, Orlando, Miami) that have 3 of the best 5 records in the East. We're moving into the later parts of January. After tomorrow, we'll be half way through the season. I'd say we're doing just fine....

Bad performance for the team. But, I will say it wasn't a game that I ever felt we were the lesser team. With all that athleticism I thought we would look bad against the Thunder. Actually, what I saw was we still have a problem with size. Durant looked a good 2 inches taller than Marvin. Horford looked small yesterday. I think Joe/Craw needs to have Mo Evans or Zaza playing with them at all times. Those to know they aren't in for offense and won't sulk if they don't get shots.

yeah,the Hawks whopping 3 more wins shows that it aint even possible. A whole 3 wins. The problem with fans is that they're biased. It' s kind of head scratching to see some act like this team is doing great when it's just a few above .500 since the start of December. The team is playing worse and worse as the season goes along.But hey, they can squeak by an aging and injured Boston team so they must be top notch.

And that makes you happy doesn't it, troll?

And that makes you happy doesn't it, troll?

I'm just telling some facts. After the strong start, the team hasn't play anywhere near as well. Time after time they've admitted to not having the energy. These guys get millions of dollars and they can't muster up the energy to do their job on a consistent basis? The lack of commitment is sad. It really is. Woody supposed to be this great defensive coach, but yet he can't even motivate his team to play defense on a consistent basis. This team is a tease. For what big win they might get, they will turn around and have a big letdown. You would think they would build some momentum after the Suns game, but at the end of the very next game their talking about lacking energy again.

You can try and label me whatever you want, but until you know me... It don't mean a damn thing.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

This says all that everyone needs to know about your posting.......this is ridiculous!!!! Seriously? In that case Hots aren't their losses just a couple of exceptions also? Do you ever really make a point or do you just hope that people don't really pay attention to your posts and call you out on them?

Blowout to Denver. Blowout to LA.... Blow out to Orlando. I'll say one choke job against Cleveland. They win on the buzzer against the Suns, but then the next game they will come out and play heartless.

Any team I've ever supported, I've been equally hard on them as I am the Hawks. While I am a fan, I also expect the players to do their jobs. They get paid a lot of money to do what they do. But then they come out and say that just couldn't give the effort over and over again. I want to see them compete at the highest level possible, but they keep doing the same old stuff.

I complain too much. But I'll change my attitude toward the team when they clean up their act.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Blowout to Denver. Blowout to LA.... Blow out to Orlando. I'll say one choke job against Cleveland. They win on the buzzer against the Suns, but then the next game they will come out and play heartless.

Any team I've ever supported, I've been equally hard on them as I am the Hawks. While I am a fan, I also expect the players to do their jobs. They get paid a lot of money to do what they do. But then they come out and say that just couldn't give the effort over and over again. I want to see them compete at the highest level possible, but they keep doing the same old stuff.

I complain too much. But I'll change my attitude toward the team when they clean up their act.

This team is a tease? Clean up their act? They're leading the division!

I don't think you understand in your own mind what "cleaning up their act" actually entails. I want to see them compete at the highest level possible too...but how can that be measured? It's all subjective. If you haven't realized over the course of 82 games and 6 months, teams are going to look and play differently on a nightly basis. It's human nature. You can't expect them to be gangbusters every single time on the floor. It doesn't happen with the Hawks, or any other team in the NBA. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times? Why do you think the season is so long? It's because at the end of the day, the most consistent teams over a half year, rise to the top. Right now, we're at the top....and even you admitted, we're a 47-50 win team, which could possibly win the SE. That doesn't excite you at all? Stupid question....disregard.

I know that Buckeye just said this but I must reiterate........what exactly are you looking for? Do you expect this team or any team for that matter to NEVER lose? The best a team could ever do in a season was to only lose 10 games.....in the history of the NBA thats the best anyone could muster......we are no where near that quality of a team but we're right on par with the rest of the teams in this league who also are no where near that mark. WE ARE FIRST IN OUR FREAKING DIVISION, what do you want? Maybe I just misunderstand where your coming from most of the time......but i doubt it.......where would you like to see this team at the end of the year? What would you like our record to be? BEING REALISTIC!!!!!!!!

This team is a tease? Clean up their act? They're leading the division!

I don't think you understand in your own mind what "cleaning up their act" actually entails. I want to see them compete at the highest level possible too...but how can that be measured? It's all subjective. If you haven't realized over the course of 82 games and 6 months, teams are going to look and play differently on a nightly basis. It's human nature. You can't expect them to be gangbusters every single time on the floor. It doesn't happen with the Hawks, or any other team in the NBA. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times? Why do you think the season is so long? It's because at the end of the day, the most consistent teams over a half year, rise to the top. Right now, we're at the top....and even you admitted, we're a 47-50 win team, which could possibly win the SE. That doesn't excite you at all? Stupid question....disregard.

Yes, it all looks great on the surface. But this team has A LOT OF bad habits. Sooner or later it will cost them.

No team is going to play the same every night, but this team makes the same mistakes over and over again and too often comes out not giving effort. The biggest blessing for this team is that they've been basically healthy all year when the other teams haven't. This team is leading the division and has a top record, but given the teams health, their play is lacking far too often.

The only thing that excites me is competing for a championship. That's what it's all about.

Yes, it all looks great on the surface. But this team has A LOT OF bad habits. Sooner or later it will cost them.

No team is going to play the same every night, but this team makes the same mistakes over and over again and too often comes out not giving effort. The biggest blessing for this team is that they've been basically healthy all year when the other teams haven't. This team is leading the division and has a top record, but given the teams health, their play is lacking far too often.

The only thing that excites me is competing for a championship. That's what it's all about.

It is what it's all about, I agree. The point is to hoist the trophy, I get it.

But damn Hot, how long have you been a fan? When have the Hawks ever, realistically, had that opportunity? Nique in the mid-80's...Mook, Smitty, Deke, mid to late 90's? Even then we had to deal with Bird's Celts and/or Lakers, or in the late 90's, Jordan's Bulls. That's about our peak, at least since I've been alive.

For a true, live and die Hawks fan...which I am, most here on the board are, and I think you are....nights like the other night vs. Phoenix, didn't "excite" you? We've had more National TV coverage this year than the last decade combined....that doesn't make you raise your eyebrows? Enjoy the season man, I wan't the trophy too...more than anything, but enjoy the ride.

Hell, who knows what happens tomorrow. We could be 13-69 next year.