• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

That Loss will sting

frankthetank966

Typical that you want to simplify it.

SIMPLIFY WHAT????? I answered your question.....did you not like my answer?

No argument there, but you're logic is ridiculous.....Nenad averages 22.3 minutes per game...he played close to 38 tonight bc Nick Collison didn't play. but that doesn't matter either right?

I don't think that excuses giving up 16//11 to a player that not long ago had a tore up Knee and he isn't all that good to begin with. Dude only averaged 6.8RPG in his best season.

SIMPLIFY WHAT????? I answered your question.....did you not like my answer?

well, you try and blow the Orlando loss off like it's no big deal. Utah is a brutal road team. When this team plays good healthy teams there is a high chance that they will fold.

This is 47-50 win team, but in the east I think The thunder would have as good of a record.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

People blow off the losses to Orlando because they don't want to face reality. This team can't beat Orlando. They can't beat any good teams on the road. They fold in the 4th quarter.

Like you said, Hotlanta, they will win 50 games but the playoffs will be the same story. I guess some Hawks fans are just happy to make the playoffs.

The hawks have only won 3 more games in a weaker conference. The thunder are 15-4 against the east. Outside of a buzzer beater against a free falling Suns team and a couple of wins against a badly beat up Boston team, this team hasn't done much in the last month. I don't know why it's so hard for other people to see. Durant is way better than Joe and Westbrook is far better than Bibby and they play better defense and they rebound better.

The Hawks are 11-4 against that 'tougher conference;

haha. I didn't read this before I posted. I guess were both pretty smart guys....other than you being a USC fan...GO DUCKS! :cool:

Lol touche!

People blow off the losses to Orlando because they don't want to face reality. This team can't beat Orlando. They can't beat any good teams on the road. They fold in the 4th quarter.

Like you said, Hotlanta, they will win 50 games but the playoffs will be the same story. I guess some Hawks fans are just happy to make the playoffs.

What? Do you guys even read b4 you post? I know we have problems with Orlando....hence me saying "it was expected" that we would lose to them. I mean what reality are we exactly talking about here? We beat Boston twice this year IN BOSTON yet we can't beat good teams on the road? We won at Portland and at Dallas....and yet we can't beat good teams on the road? You guys are right I'm wrong :white flag: :white flag: :white flag:

Dismissing certain games just because they don't fit into your agenda isn't exactly fair to all parties involved don't you think? You guys are coming off as pessimists so it kinda takes away from the validity of your arguments

It's funny how often players have the game of their life or the game of the season against the Hawks. Kind of like Nate and Nenad getting only his 2nd double double of the season tonight.

The Hawks are going to win somewhere around 47-50 games, but they've done peaked. The Thunder are the better team because they're better rebounding and on the defensive end. They also have a better go-to guy.

Gimme a break Hotlanta. Thunder are NOT a better team than the Hawks. Noooooo wayyyyyy in hell. Check back with me when the Hawks have the better record at the end of the season. Please tell me ur kidding.

I didnt get a chance to watch the game, but looking at the highlights I saw Smoove get taken to the rim by Green, and Durant burned him as well. I love Smoove, but please nobody continue that B.S that he plays great D, or better D then everybody else. Dude is an AMAZING help defender, but is average at best mono e mono. On the Green play, he was so locked in on giving up the lane to go for the block. If he would just focus on stopping his man instead of gambling on blocks and steals half the time, he would be alright.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

There was 2 very simple reasons that the Hawks lost. Change either one and Atlanta wins.

(1) - - Sleepwalk: This was late in the game. Hawks had fought back and were "Oh, so close."

Then it hit - Sleepwalk - and the Hawks took 10 shots during this period. Horford hit one 2 point

shot. That was all. 9 shots were missed. That's shooting 10% - - Clearly a tipical sleepwalk.

(2) - - Free throws. Simple math. The Atlanta Hawks missed 6 free throws. They lost by 3 points.

You may find other things - However, change either of these two main things and we win.

Questions??

:saythat:

• Premium Member

I disagree.

That loss won't sting.

Winning against this team wasn't a given.

It will serve to wake this team up.

During the season, we have ebbs and flows. I think we need those ebbs and flows to keep egos in check. I don't think we can get to the playoffs thinking that we will waltz into the ECF.

Honestly, we could lose in the first round with that kind of thinking.

We need to go into the playoffs hungry.

Losses to teams that are ranked lower than us will help us to stay prepared for teams lower than us in the playoffs.

Fortunately in the playoffs there are no back to backs and that benefits us.

That means that we can come out with high energy every game.

What will motivate us to do that will be Woody bringing out the tape of this game.

And Craw too. Honestly Smoove or Horford get an offensive rebound (NEW SHOT CLOCK)..pass it out and we just jack another shot immediately! Insanity. Woody should have pulled both JJ and Craw in the 4th quarter. They were trying to outdo each other (IMHO). Dumb basketball. Very Dumb.

I don't think Joe and Crawford in at the same time is going to work well. If Bibby is with them then the defense will be aweful. If Marvin is with them then the offense will be aweful (no flow). They need to find a way to sit Joe when Crawford's playing and vice versa.

Edited by DeerPark

First I'll like this say this was a good game, playoff intensity all the way. KD is the real deal, he's basically a young Joe except he lives at the line. Haven't looked it up but Joe attempting double figures at the line is a rare occurrence.

Something as subtle as a pump fake is a potent weapon for JS. Just shows how undercoached he really is. Why can't he roll the jump hook off the finger tips instead of shot putting the ball off his palms?? Joes last shot attempt was pathetic, a "horse shot" was all he could come up with?? Jamal giveth and taketh away but still loads more clutch than our resident max guy.

I think it is pretty clear this team needsa coach that actually gives a s*** about offense.

After that Slam article people are going to be killing Woody on here anytime our offense struggles lol

Its deservedly so however, to actually tell players that, see what kind of offensive performances we have, and not adjust his philosophy is pretty messed up. I hope he saves his best "offensive strategies" for the playoffs

The Hawks are 11-4 against that 'tougher conference;

And they still only have 3 more wins (In a weaker conference) than a younger team that plays better defense, rebounds better, has a better play maker and a better PG. Oh, and this younger team beat the Hawks in their own building while being able to rest their 2 best players while the Hawks had to play their two best players 45 minutes just to get back/stay in the game.

What? Do you guys even read b4 you post? I know we have problems with Orlando....hence me saying "it was expected" that we would lose to them. I mean what reality are we exactly talking about here? We beat Boston twice this year IN BOSTON yet we can't beat good teams on the road? We won at Portland and at Dallas....and yet we can't beat good teams on the road? You guys are right I'm wrong :white flag: :white flag: :white flag:

Dismissing certain games just because they don't fit into your agenda isn't exactly fair to all parties involved don't you think? You guys are coming off as pessimists so it kinda takes away from the validity of your arguments

Whoa! A COUPLE of exceptions. yeah, they've really proven they can beat quality teams on the road.

They didn't just lose to Orlando they got killed.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I disagree.

That loss won't sting.

Winning against this team wasn't a given.

It will serve to wake this team up.

During the season, we have ebbs and flows. I think we need those ebbs and flows to keep egos in check. I don't think we can get to the playoffs thinking that we will waltz into the ECF.

Honestly, we could lose in the first round with that kind of thinking.

We need to go into the playoffs hungry.

Losses to teams that are ranked lower than us will help us to stay prepared for teams lower than us in the playoffs.

Fortunately in the playoffs there are no back to backs and that benefits us.

That means that we can come out with high energy every game.

What will motivate us to do that will be Woody bringing out the tape of this game.

This team will say two things... If they win it will be: "We don't quit". If they lose it will be: "We didn't come out with enough energy".