• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you had to pick our 2nd all star

If you had to pick our 2nd all star after JJ, would it be Smoove, Horford or Crawford?

For me, I think Horford has the most value of the 3, but not the best numbers. I'd probably vote for Smoove just because he has great all around numbers and his D really helps us. Don't get me wrong I love Hor and Craw is just amazing off the bench but I think Smoove has come a long way and deserves serious all star recognition.

I will say this, we better have at least 2 all stars this year. I hope the coaches recognize this. I mean the Celts think they should have 4 all stars...lol..thats just a complete joke. I also have to say that the Celts are my most hated team in the NBA. I despise Pierce and KG. I used to think Ray Allen was alright but ever since he joined the Celts he's just been annoying as hell.

Josh Smith.

He's the key to our defense and our running game. When this team is really clicking on all cylinders, he's usually playing very well. I think the other coaches around the league gameplan more for Smoove than they do Horford. You have to account for him on the defensive end and on the offensive end, especially in early offense.

With Charlotte playing so well right now, I think Gerald Wallace may take one of those reserve Forward spots. That means that we won't get 3.

Pierce? - G. Wallace? - Smoove? - Granger?

I think 3 of the 4 will go. Someone will stay home.

With Charlotte playing so well right now, I think Gerald Wallace may take one of those reserve Forward spots. That means that we won't get 3.

Pierce? - G. Wallace? - Smoove? - Granger?

I think 3 of the 4 will go. Someone will stay home.

I agree that Wallace is a shoe in. Of course Pierce gets in..

Smoove's main competition is Granger.

Granger may have an edge since he would be the only possible rep from the Pacers.

However, Granger has been hurt and missed several games. Plus his team sucks.

Granger's FG% is only 40%.

If we can pass Boston in the standings by the time the coaches select the reserves then I think Smoove has the edge over Granger.

Horford has the best chance of being our 2nd all star simply b/c he plays center and coaches love his game and attitude. Somce coaches may hold a grudge a against Smoove from seasons past.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Josh Smith.

He's the key to our defense and our running game. When this team is really clicking on all cylinders, he's usually playing very well. I think the other coaches around the league gameplan more for Smoove than they do Horford. You have to account for him on the defensive end and on the offensive end, especially in early offense.

That is my thought as well.

• Moderators

Josh's scoring has been trending towards more efficient the last few seasons as the 3's decline and he is closer to the basket more often this season. Both of these are very good trends.

2007-08 - .520 TS%, ORB% 6.6%

2008-09 - .533 TS%, ORB% 6.5%

2009-10 - .543 TS%, ORB% 8.3%

If you had to pick our 2nd all star after JJ, would it be Smoove, Horford or Crawford?

For me, I think Horford has the most value of the 3, but not the best numbers. I'd probably vote for Smoove just because he has great all around numbers and his D really helps us. Don't get me wrong I love Hor and Craw is just amazing off the bench but I think Smoove has come a long way and deserves serious all star recognition.

I will say this, we better have at least 2 all stars this year. I hope the coaches recognize this. I mean the Celts think they should have 4 all stars...lol..thats just a complete joke. I also have to say that the Celts are my most hated team in the NBA. I despise Pierce and KG. I used to think Ray Allen was alright but ever since he joined the Celts he's just been annoying as hell.

Josh Smith..Jamal Crawford...Horford. In that order

As much as I love Al Horford, I would have to go with Josh Smith. The changes he has made to his game this season are worth rewarding. I also feel like if any of the big men can't play due to injury then Horford should replace them. I think that due to the Hawk's place in the standings those players should be rewarded.

Josh, Horf, Craw. I think Horf has been the steadiest of the three; but if I can only pick one its Smoove. After a real bad December he has gotten things back on track this month with a solid 14.7, 9.3, 1.8.

• Moderators

Would love Craw and Hofo to get in, but I think it'll be just Joe and Josh. (Ain't it great just to have these discussions?)

For Josh's case, among the East's top rebounders and shot blockers, no-one else is coming close to 4 assists per game (or a two-to-one assists:TOs ratio). His contributions to this aspect of Woody's laissez-faire offense has been the most pleasant surprise for me.

Mo and Rajon will get the nods for backup G ahead of Crawford.

I envision David Lee will get the backup C spot I had penciled in for Al. The Knicks with an exiled Nate should be nowhere near a playoff spot. And in case the NYC TV market has tired of Nate attempting dunks wearing krypto-green sneakers (after 367 attempts), the league will want to offer some reason for them to watch on All-Star weekend. Picking a top-15 jersey seller will do fine.

~lw3

I want Crawford to make it because he is growing too old to make it over again. I don't want him to join Bibby/Strickland/Cassell group who were close but missed the cigar. Smoove and Al will make it soon anyway.

I want Smith to make it because he is already signed long term. Don't want anyone to steal Al/Craw from us with top $.

I want Horf to make it because Bynum could be traded to East next year for Bosh and Lopez with all his Chinese(Yi) votes could also play next to a megastar next year. Al's window might narrow significantly after this year. Even Chris Gatling and Tyrone Hill made it to the all star team because they found a window. Many better players missed out (see Bibby/Strickland/Cassell)

Didn't Brown coach last year? If Hawks pass Boston, Woody could coach the all stars. That's one salary I want to drive up.

It's hard. We have a great record, but there are a lot of players that deserve to go. I really doubt that our team (or any team in the NBA) will have more than 2 allstars in the allstar team. But I do have to say that if there's any team that deserves 3, it's us.

Shoe in: Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo, and Gerald Wallace

That leaves 4 spots left with about 8 players to consider. But when it comes down to it, I think these players will most likely not make it. Rashard Lewis isn't putting up that great of stats and his team has been underachieving. Danny Granger's injuries and his teams' record will probably be enough reason why he shouldn't go. Mo Williams just got injured today, so I doubt coaches will put him in.

Most Likely Not: Rashard Lewis, Danny Granger, and Mo Williams

I think it boils down to these 6 players for the last four spots.

On The Bubble: Josh Smith, Al Horford, Stephen Jackson, Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, David Lee, Paul Pierce.

Chris Bosh is the most likely to go out of the bubble people. He has the stats, and his team is in the playoffs right now. Derrick Rose will probably make it just so the East will have 3 guards on the bench like they usually do. I think you have to give the nod to Josh Smith over Stephen Jackson and Paul Pierce just because he makes just a big of an impact as the two and Hawks have a better record. And I think it just boils down to Al Horford vs David Lee if we'll have 3 allstars on the allstar team.

If I have to take a guess this is the East Roster for the Allstar Game.

PG: Allen Iverson

SG: Dwyane Wade

SF: Lebron James

PF: Kevin Garnett

C: Dwight Howard

Backup G: Joe Johnson

Backup G: Rajon Rondo

Backup G: Derrick Rose

Backup F: Gerald Wallace

Backup F: Josh Smith

Backup C: David Lee

Edited by TeamDime10

No way Bosh doesnt make the ASG. It'll probably come down between Smoove, Pierce & Rose, with Smoove being the least likely of the 3. Of course it would help if Iverson bows out & if KG is still injured.