• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's take on the heat Game.

Diesel

• Premium Member

They were well rested. We were on the second night of a B2B. They are better than their record suggests... I could see possible loss out of this one.

However, here's the thing that makes me mad....

With a confrontation during a second-half timeout, Wade even inspired a big fourth quarter by Michael Beasley(notes), who emerged from a slump to score 22 points.

“He punched me in the chest,” Beasley said, “and he was yelling, ‘I need you. No more feeling sorry for yourself.”’

Beasley scored 14 points in the final period, including seven in a row in the last two minutes to put the Heat ahead to stay.

“It’s winning time, and we need Michael to be aggressive,” Wade said. “I just felt as a leader I had to get in his face a little bit. I didn’t mean to hit him in the chest. He came back and was the reason we won the game. I’ve very proud of him—probably the most proud I’ve been of him.”

Why isn't Joe going over and SLAPPING Marv in the chest??

They were well rested. We were on the second night of a B2B. They are better than their record suggests... I could see possible loss out of this one.

LOL, good one Diesel.

Amen brotha. Joe just lacks that fire. It's depressing.

"Never speak poorly of Joe. He was under the weather last night. He's the second coming of Michael Jordan, and don't you forget it." -Northcyde

17-50 in the last 3 games. 14 free throw attempts, 8 boards, and 48 points: sounds like Kevin Durant in 1 game. But oh yeah, he was "sick." Bless his heart.

After Steph Curry totally outclassed Joe on all offensive and intangible fronts except turnovers, everybody look at their numbers on the season and compare the two. Defense notwithstanding, I'm sure you all know who I would take. What do you all think?

Just to start you off, Joe is 6'7, 240. 80% of his shots are jumpers, in which he shoots .489. 20% are from inside, where he shoots .595. His size counterparts, Melo and Paul Pierce, shoot 36 and 30 percent of their attempts inside, of course at a higher conversion rate. Maybe it has something to do with them possessing athleticism and savvy in the paint and realizing the importance of forcing action and getting to the line. I don't know.

Curry is 6'3, 185. Exactly like Joe, he has a 80% jumpshot, 20% inside breakdown. But he shoots .497 and .629, respectively. Northcyde? Break it down in favor of Joe, please. And make it convincing. Mrs.JoeJohnson can join in, too.

Edited by benhillboy

Easy answer. Joe is not a leader. Never was. Joe is always walking around with his head down and no emotion....very workman like.

I can see Horford doing that or maybe Bibby.....but Joe? never.

• Premium Member

Diesel...

Marvin is a grown *ss man that's paid millions of dollars to play a child's game. Why on earth should he need motivation! If dude is not motivated my that obscene paycheck that he gets every month then he's just a lost cause.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

"Never speak poorly of Joe. He was under the weather last night. He's the second coming of Michael Jordan, and don't you forget it." -Northcyde

17-50 in the last 3 games. 14 free throw attempts, 8 boards, and 48 points: sounds like Kevin Durant in 1 game. But oh yeah, he was "sick." Bless his heart.

After Steph Curry totally outclassed Joe on all offensive and intangible fronts except turnovers, everybody look at their numbers on the season and compare the two. Defense notwithstanding, I'm sure you all know who I would take. What do you all think?

Just to start you off, Joe is 6'7, 240. 80% of his shots are jumpers, in which he shoots .489. 20% are from inside, where he shoots .595. His size counterparts, Melo and Paul Pierce, shoot 36 and 30 percent of their attempts inside, of course at a higher conversion rate. Maybe it has something to do with them possessing athleticism and savvy in the paint and realizing the importance of forcing action and getting to the line. I don't know.

Curry is 6'3, 185. Exactly like Joe, he has a 80% jumpshot, 20% inside breakdown. But he shoots .497 and .629, respectively. Northcyde? Break it down in favor of Joe, please. And make it convincing. Mrs.JoeJohnson can join in, too.

It's like I say. You can read right between the lines when it comes to some of you fans and your "agendas". And it's a given that about 50% of this fan base doesn't like JJ. That ish is obvious. Always has been.

LOL . . you didn't say jack about JJ all February, when he was killing folks . . but you wait until he gets "sick" to try to prove some point about him. Didn't say anything either 3 weeks ago, when JJ dropped 31 on the Warriors and was the only Hawk to show up in the 4th quarter of that game. LOL . . it is what it is though.

So . . . what? You want to compare Curry, a PG . . to JJ, a SG/SF? OK.

Let me ask you this. Do a lateral switch of Curry to the Hawks and JJ to the Warriors. Are we still a 40 - 22 team with a Curry - Bibby . . or a Curry - Crawford backcourt? How about Golden St., if you gave them an Ellis - Johnson bakcourt? Are they still a 17 - 45 squad?

Now use all of your infinite basketball knowledge about the NBA, and tell me how Curry would positively and negatively affect the Hawks.

I'll tell you what JJ would do for Golden St though. He'd instantly solve 60% of their perimeter defensive problem, seeing that the Curry - Ellis backcourt routinely gets TORCHED on a nightly basis because they're too small. He'd give them a legit go-to scorer to go to. And a go-to perimeter defender against 2s and 3s. Whether you like JJ or not, his biggest asset is that he's one of the most versatile players in the game. That's why the guys around the league respect that dude, even if Hawk fans don't.

Curry is a baller. He's still young and is learning the game. And while right now he's not an overall better player than JJ at this moment, he very well could be in 2 years. You're not going to get me to diss him, because that dude balls. It's just that you, like a lot of people around here, take for granted what JJ brings to the table. He's struggling with his shot, just like how Crawford was 3 weeks ago. When the shot comes back, you'll go right back into hibernation.

Still mad about Josh playing like a p****...I mean seriously..Michael Beasley can't stop you son, just go at that soft batch and exploit him but noo we were forced to see the most horrendous jump shot ever over and over again

• Premium Member

Still mad about Josh playing like a p****...I mean seriously..Michael Beasley can't stop you son, just go at that soft batch and exploit him but noo we were forced to see the most horrendous jump shot ever over and over again

That's because Wade slapped Beasley and gave him the eye of the Jew. (beerfest reference).

Steph Curry is a talent, and I'm not arguing his potential. However, let's not start comparing a rookie with 60 games under his belt to a four time all-star and a memeber of the National Team. There's something to be said about longetivity, experience, and consistency. Stats mean nothing when Curry has barely popped his cherry in the NBA compared to Johnson a 29 year old vet, multiple all star....

• Moderators

Shooting efficiency: 2nd Option Curry > First Option JJ

Overall efficiency: JJ > Curry (19.1 to 14.7 PER and 6.6 to 3.0 WS)

Net versus opponents: JJ +7.0 PER at SG (57% of minutes on team)/+7.4 PER at SF (20% of minutes on team)

Net versus opponents: Curry -5.8 PER at PG (44% of minutes on team)/+1.8 PER at SG (28% of minutes on team)

JJ +/- = +10 points per 100 possessions on the court

Curry +/- = +4.2 points per 100 possessions on the court

Other than doing a better job hitting easier shots, I am not sure where the argument that Curry is better than JJ this season could come from.

It's like I say. You can read right between the lines when it comes to some of you fans and your "agendas". And it's a given that about 50% of this fan base doesn't like JJ. That ish is obvious. Always has been.

LOL . . you didn't say jack about JJ all February, when he was killing folks . . but you wait until he gets "sick" to try to prove some point about him. Didn't say anything either 3 weeks ago, when JJ dropped 31 on the Warriors and was the only Hawk to show up in the 4th quarter of that game. LOL . . it is what it is though.

So . . . what? You want to compare Curry, a PG . . to JJ, a SG/SF? OK.

Let me ask you this. Do a lateral switch of Curry to the Hawks and JJ to the Warriors. Are we still a 40 - 22 team with a Curry - Bibby . . or a Curry - Crawford backcourt? How about Golden St., if you gave them an Ellis - Johnson bakcourt? Are they still a 17 - 45 squad?

Now use all of your infinite basketball knowledge about the NBA, and tell me how Curry would positively and negatively affect the Hawks.

I'll tell you what JJ would do for Golden St though. He'd instantly solve 60% of their perimeter defensive problem, seeing that the Curry - Ellis backcourt routinely gets TORCHED on a nightly basis because they're too small. He'd give them a legit go-to scorer to go to. And a go-to perimeter defender against 2s and 3s. Whether you like JJ or not, his biggest asset is that he's one of the most versatile players in the game. That's why the guys around the league respect that dude, even if Hawk fans don't.

Curry is a baller. He's still young and is learning the game. And while right now he's not an overall better player than JJ at this moment, he very well could be in 2 years. You're not going to get me to diss him, because that dude balls. It's just that you, like a lot of people around here, take for granted what JJ brings to the table. He's struggling with his shot, just like how Crawford was 3 weeks ago. When the shot comes back, you'll go right back into hibernation.

I gave Joe his fair amount of props in February. Don Nelson is notorious for disregarding defense, the reason why I said "defense notwithstanding." One good defensive player will not improve their defense signifigantly, especially when there is limited resistance at the rim, your entire organization could care less about defensive pressure, and player in question has very slow feet and used to playing with phenomenal shot defenders behind him.

I just was blown away at the way Curry was communicating with his teammates every chance he got: something Joe NEVER does. As I pointed out, a fact that you failed to address and my sole reason for being at odds with Joe and the major contract that so many think he is worthy of, Joe is simply pathetic when it comes to scoring in the paint and shooting free throws (under 4 a game) for his protypical size. Joe is a great scorer, perrinnial All-Star, correct? Well above average jump shooter? It's embarrassing that a rookie, in 2 games, can outscore your "star" by 22, out-rebound him by 8, shoot 71% to his 42% (Joe was guarding Curry on more than a handful of plays in the second game and getting abused) and show savvy and leadership that is leaps and bounds ahead, while giving up 4 inches and 55 pounds!!!! I'm sure there are other small guards I can analyze who know the importance of taking high percentage shots, convert them at a higher rate, and visit the line for free points more than Joe. I just threw in the fact that Curry is better at jump-shooting as an added bonus. I get the feeling that your love for Joe blinds you to the importance of that game facet. Huge contracts for scorers are based on their ability to shoot high percentage shots and earn extra points doing so.

I know Joe has a lot of strengths, but you can't tell me that his inside play and lack of intensity and leadership aren't huge flaws, making him totally unworthy of a max contract similar to veteran stars when he is totally outshined by a rookie on almost every offensive front.

I'm done. I tried to hold it but the comparison was eating at me since the first game with Oaktown. No more Joe Bashing until a decision is made on him. If I do, moderators, call me out and fill in a little red on my warn status. I hate to hate on the guy, but I simply can't help it. Joe is quite contreversial and I'll probably always be at odds with those who love his game/ think he's worthy to break the bank on. I'm sure there are players that I love who others loathe, and have facts to back it up. I bleed Red and Yellow, though. Let's go Hawks, and Joe.

Edited by benhillboy