• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Johnson to Knicks

DeacKillsaDevil

There is literally not a single Knicks player I would want on the team either... Maybe Gallinari? But damn, what a crap team they've got this year.

I would pat Sund on the back if he traded Bibby with Joe for Curry just so we would have mega expirings going into 2011.

If we can trade Smoove plus player (outside Al and Marvin) and pick for CP3. I wouldn't care if he played in Greece next season.

Smoove is the most untouchable player on the team. Al is probably second...Marvin...ehhh I like the guy, but...

If we can trade Smoove plus player (outside Al and Marvin) and pick for CP3. I wouldn't care if he played in Greece next season.

smoove isn't going anywhere lol. Aren't u the same guy who said Smoove for Amare was a done deal?? Or better yet didn't you want us to draft Brandon Wright?? how has he turned out ??

All I know is that this team would be worse if they allowed JJ to walk for nothing; a helluva lot worse.

The $64,000 question I have for those who can't wait for him to skip town is a simple one; who do the Hawks get to replace the 20/5/5 that he's brought to the table since he's arrived? I'd love to hear the names and please, don't give me the 'well, we can start Crawford in his place and get some scrubs to help out the bench' crap because we all know that it wouldn't work.

Remember what the Hawks looked like the season after they traded Nique, only for Manning to take the first plane out of town after they were beat by the Pacers? Remember how painful it was to watch Tyrone Corbin and Ken Norman try to man the same position we saw a HOFer play for almost a dozen years? They went from a 57-win team who won the Central and a top seed in the East to a 43-win underling who barely made the playoffs, only to get it handed to them in front of a thousand Pacer fans in the Omni.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Jamal Crawford like a play cousin, especially when he's playing well. But imagine what his mindset would be if he's told that he has to score 25-30 a night for the team to be competitive. The same goes for Smith as well; if you think this site goes into panic mode when he used to take those gawd-awful jumpers before, imagine what it would be like when he's going one on three every night, all while Horford's on the other side of the court, trying his best not to blow a gasket?

Those are your 2010-11 Atlanta Hawks if JJ walks without a press conference being held announcing the acquistion of (insert All-Star caliber player in his prime here) at Philips Arena. The '94-95 squad lost 14 more games when they were forced to play bench players in key positions; I can easily see next year's team doing the exact same thing if not worse.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

• Like 2

Hello,

I do not think Dominique and JJ honestly belong in an analogy. Dominique was the heart and soul of the Hawks, loved the Hawks. JJ came here to get rich and now that he is, wants the ring. I really do not think he feels any loyalty to the Hawks.

Perhaps a byproduct of being Traded so early in his Career by Boston, he seems to be more of a mercenary than a leader.

When Smoove was coming up on being a RFA, I was beyond worried that he was leaving. With JJ, all I hope for is a S&T. I just do not think it is in the best interest of the Hawks to sign him to a 6 Year Max Contract at 28 with the number of minutes he has Played. Moreover, I have just read too many negative comments by him to believe he cares about the Team or the City.

Don't get me wrong, he is an excellent all around Player and tough matchup with his height. I just do not believe the juice is worth the squeeze. And it seems by all reports, he feels the same.

Cheers,

JJ

smoove isn't going anywhere lol. Aren't u the same guy who said Smoove for Amare was a done deal?? Or better yet didn't you want us to draft Brandon Wright?? how has he turned out ??

In the 2008 Draft when it was on the table, remember Belkin veto the trade which is probably the best thing Belkin did as part owner in retrospect. There was nothing but truth to that rumor.

Through in Marvin and add Westbrook and it's a happy off-season

Westbrook is better than Marvin but OKC will never do this deal.

There not trading anyone if they sign JJ and Chandler for Marvin, lol. Your kidding right, wait smh your not. Next time swap someone who's better than Marvin not worst.

Chandler is a good player..good scorer and versatile as well. He's a better offensive player than Marvin for sure. But idk about his defense. Im a Marvin supporter but lets not act like he's all that great...there isnt too many SFs that Marvin is better than for sure without question. Im sure there are many people who think Chandler is a better player than Marvin. With that said, I would wanna keep Marvin on the team

An Eastern Conference GM thinks Joe Johnson will sign with the Knicks if they are not able to land LeBron James or Dwyane Wade.

"I think that's a done deal," the GM said, referring to some type of unspoken agreement between Johnson's agent and the Knicks.

Sources also report that the Raptors would be open to sending Chris Bosh to New York in a sign-and-trade if David Lee is included in the deal.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65313/20100312/gm_sees_johnson_to_ny_raptors_open_to_bosh_lee_trade/#ixzz0i50HqPTg

• Premium Member

The Knicks can throw an insane amount of money at Joe. Their track record shows they are retarded enough to offer a massive contract to a second tier star. It's also abundantly clear from just about every interview that Joe won't take any type of discount to stay with us. It's sad, but if New York wants Joe we can kiss him good bye.

The Knicks can throw an insane amount of money at Joe. Their track record shows they are retarded enough to offer a massive contract to a second tier star. It's also abundantly clear from just about every interview that Joe won't take any type of discount to stay with us. It's sad, but if New York wants Joe we can kiss him good bye.

Hello,

Considering he came here in the aftermath of a 13-69 Season leaving a Suns Team that had so much potential, I really am convinced he is good as gone. Again for the early years of a 5 or 6 Year Contract, he will be awesome. However, in the later years, it is hard not to believe his game is going to regress.

By the time he puts pen to paper on a Contract, he will be 29 years old with tons of minutes played. Considering we have a pretty strong core and intriguing rookie in Teague, I really think the Hawks will continue to be a Playoff Team. Hopefully, he will agree to a S&T giving us some talent in return.

Cheers,

JJ

Hello,

Considering he came here in the aftermath of a 13-69 Season leaving a Suns Team that had so much potential, I really am convinced he is good as gone. Again for the early years of a 5 or 6 Year Contract, he will be awesome. However, in the later years, it is hard not to believe his game is going to regress.

By the time he puts pen to paper on a Contract, he will be 29 years old with tons of minutes played. Considering we have a pretty strong core and intriguing rookie in Teague, I really think the Hawks will continue to be a Playoff Team. Hopefully, he will agree to a S&T giving us some talent in return.

Cheers,

JJ

That is why I don't think he wants to go to a rebuilding situation any more. He can't run like he used with the Suns. Playing in the old Phoneix system while being the #1 scorer wil run him down fast and I think he knows that. The NY media will quickly turn on him (and his near max contract) if does not give all 5 newspapers enough access while at the same time giving the Knicks more wins.

He will use the Knicks (or any other team) as leverage to get the Hawks to over pay with a max offer .

Edited by coachx