• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It would be nice if Joe passed the ball!

D.R.P.

Salmons had 7 pts at halftime I wished Joe wouldve tried to stop Salmons instead of trying to outscore him . We up 6 pts when Joe started his barrage of shots in the second half and once he started everyone else just stood around and watch . I think jamal had 6 shots in the second half when he was red hot in the first and he had Ridnour on him the entire 4th .

I wouldve hav liked to have seen Joe say hey jamal you have the matchup with Ridnour so you take it offensively and Im going to go and get into Salmons shirt and we are gonna get out of here with this win .

Joe plays like someone who is gonna be gone not someone who is preparing his team for not only short term but long term success

Even though some of the decisions that Joe made were questionable, I would not doubt even for a second that Woody was drawing up Isolations for him the whole time, instead of you know, actually drawing up a play here and there.

Edited by Supporter

• Premium Member

The biggest thing tonight I thought was that we stayed in the Zone way to long in the fourth quarter. At the end of the third Milwaukee started draining threes, and Salmons had two or three open looks that he drained. We stuck with the zone even though we were getting murdered in the perimeter and only switched to man to man when we had already given up the lead.

Salmons had 7 pts at halftime I wished Joe wouldve tried to stop Salmons instead of trying to outscore him . We up 6 pts when Joe started his barrage of shots in the second half and once he started everyone else just stood around and watch . I think jamal had 6 shots in the second half when he was red hot in the first and he had Ridnour on him the entire 4th .

I wouldve hav liked to have seen Joe say hey jamal you have the matchup with Ridnour so you take it offensively and Im going to go and get into Salmons shirt and we are gonna get out of here with this win .

Joe plays like someone who is gonna be gone not someone who is preparing his team for not only short term but long term success

So basically, you want Crawford to have the ball, despite JJ making 5 in a row, and 7 out of 9 shots at one point in the 4th. What you say makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

LOL @ you . . wanting our star player to NOT be the main offensive threat, when he's RED HOT.

This wreaks of "JJ hate".

That someone will never, ever be you.

JJ was the reason the hawks had a chance to win the game. He was punking them totally until the last two plays.

JJ was 13 of 25....52% is hardly punking. He missed 12 shots...it is what it is. I like that he shot 52% but that's no excuse to take 32% of the team's shots. We had 78 shots in the game....25 by JJ, 16 by Crawford. Horford was 5 for 5 and had 12 boards....Horf was not the issue. 41 out of 78 shots going to 2 players is. That's 53% of your offensive opportunities in 2 people's hands. No one else had at least 10 attempts. Marvin Williams was on fire the previous night and only got 2 shot attempts in 30 minutes. JJ can not try to win games by himself. It kills us when he does.

JJ was 13 of 25....52% is hardly punking. He missed 12 shots...it is what it is. I like that he shot 52% but that's no excuse to take 32% of the team's shots. We had 78 shots in the game....25 by JJ, 16 by Crawford. Horford was 5 for 5 and had 12 boards....Horf was not the issue. 41 out of 78 shots going to 2 players is. That's 53% of your offensive opportunities in 2 people's hands. No one else had at least 10 attempts. Marvin Williams was on fire the previous night and only got 2 shot attempts in 30 minutes. JJ can not try to win games by himself. It kills us when he does.

Camp . . JJ was 3 - 7 FG in the 1st half . . and 3 - 7 FG in the 3rd quarter.

He then goes 7 - 11 FG in the 4th quarter.

Seriously . . what's the problem? JJ trying to score didn't lose us the game. It was the fact that the Bucks went on a 34 - 19 run in which they made 14 of 18 shots, that lost the game for us.

It's like some of you have forgotten this:

or more recently . . this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfSiSPZRm9o

It's a reason teams are willing to play near max money for this guy. LOL . . and it ain't because of his passing.

It's not just the 2 missed shots in the 4th. It's the holding the ball too long and not giving the offense a chance to work (see smith's missed jumper, bibby missed 3). Look if he's hot, shoot. But do it in the context of offensive flow. Move the ball. The ball stays on one side of the floor too much.

I'm not dismissing the thought JJ can put the ball in the basket when he's hot, I'm talking about how to take that next step as a team. It's a team game and the only way for the Hawks to truly challenge is for them to play a team game.

I don't see anything wrong with Joe's play. He was confident and did a good job until he missed the ball. To me, that was a nice play. He got it off before the other Bucks got to him. With his position there is nowhere he can passed it to. No bucks got near the ball when it left Joe's hand. He was hot the whole quarter. Woody drew a play which I've seen a couple of time special made for Joe. Inbound to a player then screen then pass to Joe, he always finish it nice. It just happened that he missed this time.

So basically, you want Crawford to have the ball, despite JJ making 5 in a row, and 7 out of 9 shots at one point in the 4th. What you say makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

LOL @ you . . wanting our star player to NOT be the main offensive threat, when he's RED HOT.

This wreaks of "JJ hate".

In the first half we hurt the Bucks by running a lot of pick and roll and by having there bigmen have to come away from the paint and actually step out to pick Crawford up and they couldnt .

In the last 4 minutes of the 3rd Crawford had 4 pts and a 1 assists . The first 4 minutes of the quarter is usually Crawfords time on the floor without JJ. Woody inserted JJ back in after 1:20 seconds or so and JJ proceeded to shoot on 4 straight trips. But this is also the time of the game where Marvin gets a touch or two and which ever big is in between Al or Zaza that night gets 2-3 touches. So it wasnt about Crawford shooting but about putting the ball in the hands of someone who would at least move the ball before we totally abandoned all ball movement which is what we did.

Red Hot ? the goal is to win the game but we lost because he wasnt that hot . JJ is the king of the early 4th hot streak and then fizzles under 3 minutes . JJ is not Kobe so we need everyone for a road win . I see you are still posting one game testimonial highlights . Ask yourself how many road games have we had since that game and how many times have JJ tried to take them over and fail ?

His percentage of success on the road is so bad that youd have to be seriously star struck to keep arguing for us to continue to do it that way .

The rate of success for us as a team when Joe starts shooting at the start of the of the quarter like that is probably 50% at home WHEN HE IS RED HOT but on the road that percentage probably falls below 20% . Joe doing what he did tonight on the road does not give us our best chance to win .

• Premium Member

obviously you didn't watch the game. In the 4th quarter JJ scored 14 points. He was definitley punking them.

And when you're a high-scoring guard, 52% from the floor is damned good. The typical shooting percentage for a 20ppg guard is 43-47%.

Then again, this was the guy who thinks that a team that has the cap space to sign JJ outright would instead prefer to do a sign-and-trade.

And when you're a high-scoring guard, 52% from the floor is damned good. The typical shooting percentage for a 20ppg guard is 43-47%.

Then again, this was the guy who thinks that a team that has the cap space to sign JJ outright would instead prefer to do a sign-and-trade.

Also remember that i said JJ was punking them before his last two shots. He was 13-23 before the last two shots.

The foul on Salmons was not a foul to give in Joe's perspective. He was thoroughly disgusted at the ref after the call. He simply had no answers for Salmons and grabbed him out of desperation.

They tried to put J/S on and he looked like he had dead legs going against him. Woody should of put mr. 10 seconds in during that situation.

• Premium Member

My problem isn't solely with Joe. My problem is having a guard-heavy offense on the 2nd night of a road back-to-back.

JJ + Jamal + Bibby = 48 shots in 98.5 minutes, or 1 shot every 2.05 minutes

Everyone else = 30 shots in 141.5 minutes, or 1 shot every 4.72 minutes

^^^That's poor coaching, if you ask me. While it may have worked offensively, it clearly affected the perimeter defense on the other end of the court...

The foul on Salmons was not a foul to give in Joe's perspective. He was thoroughly disgusted at the ref after the call. He simply had no answers for Salmons and grabbed him out of desperation.

They tried to put J/S on and he looked like he had dead legs going against him. Woody should of put mr. 10 seconds in during that situation.

I could understand the foul if Salmons was in the process of going by him. But he gave no chance of a defensive stop. Nothing can be done about it now though.

Joe decides to throw up a shot over three Bucks instead of passing the ball to a wide open Horford under basket. It's like he rather shoot the ball over three defenders than pass the ball to an open teammate. Joe has to be the most selfish player in the 4th quarter. The real elite players in the leauge understand drawing defenders than passing to an open teammate.

That is why Joe will never be in that discussion of "elite" players.

If Josh's BBIQ was higher he would understand that if he rotated to the basket he would open a lane for Joe to receive a pass for an easy basket.

If Josh's BB I.Q. was higher, he wouldn't say things like "Im going to keep taking jumpers, because they are there". :help wanted3:

Edited by JackB1