• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Screw you ESPN

MrRyda

Just came home from the game, hype as hell to see the highlight, and what do I see? ESPN says none of it should of counted because Joe traveled on the last play. Are you kidding me? They even froze it up step-by-step with a counter on each of his steps. Then the anchor proceeded make it even look worse by going "There's 1 step, 2, 3, 4, 5, well you get the idea." But when Lebron take 8 steps on his crab-dribble all we can do is "witness."

Was it a walk? Maybe by current NBA "rules", but it's not something that the stars don't get away with on a nightly basis.

...Ahhhh, they just played it again and Scott Van Pelt called it "19 steps" this time.

• Premium Member

ESPN should use the same ground breaking analysis for every Laker, Heat, and Cavalier game.

like their favorite player Bron never travels lol

• Premium Member

I thought that Joe was pushed by Carter

He was clearly pushed. It should've been a foul.

^^^Watch Carter's left hand at around the 1:00 mark. Joe's not going to intentionally run into JJ Redick. It's kinda impressive Joe's shot is still decent.

Edited by mrhonline

Vince definitely pushed him. You can see him sort of tuck his hands behind him after he does it. Dirty play Crafty veteran move.

Also, did you guys see Nelson pull Mario down when the shot bounced off?? How crazy would it have been if Mario got the putback! LOL.

That's what's going to make this even more enjoyable for us if/when they beat Orlando and Cleveland (hey, a fan can dream, can he?) in the playoffs. Can you imagine the folks from First Take, PTI, and Around the Horn having to talk about the new Eastern Conference champion Hawks? How long will they go on and on about not being able to see Labron vs. Kobe, Paul Pierce whining, KG posing, Dwight clanking free throws, and having to 'settle' for our team instead? Do those clowns even know where Philips Arena is?

Bottom line was that Carter pushed Joe, forcing him to take an extra step. Call the foul, the Magic lose. Don't call the foul and, well, we all got to see the result of that last night.

And if Magic fan want to chime about getting screwed, too bad. We're owed a game after Cleveland's timekeeper gift-wrapped one to the Labrons for his birthday, while the Commish turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to it. Besides, Lord knows that the officials would've called a travel on Vince if the tables were turned and they were in Orlando, right? Right???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Dejay

That's what's going to make this even more enjoyable for us if/when they beat Orlando and Cleveland (hey, a fan can dream, can he?) in the playoffs. Can you imagine the folks from First Take, PTI, and Around the Horn having to talk about the new Eastern Conference champion Hawks? How long will they go on and on about not being able to see Labron vs. Kobe, Paul Pierce whining, KG posing, Dwight clanking free throws, and having to 'settle' for our team instead? Do those clowns even know where Philips Arena is?

Bottom line was that Carter pushed Joe, forcing him to take an extra step. Call the foul, the Magic lose. Don't call the foul and, well, we all got to see the result of that last night.

And if Magic fan want to chime about getting screwed, too bad. We're owed a game after Cleveland's timekeeper gift-wrapped one to the Labrons for his birthday, while the Commish turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to it. Besides, Lord knows that the officials would've called a travel on Vince if the tables were turned and they were in Orlando, right? Right???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well I dont think we will have to worry about that if we face Orlando, we are a bad matchup in a best of 7 series.

But my gosh, the calls that Cleveland will get vs us would be really interesting to see if we get that 4th seed and beat Milwaukee in the 1st round. Because i think we are definitely good enough to beat them now.

Wow Smoove is on ESPN First Take and the host just had to ask about that travel.

What a bunch of USELESS CLOWNS.

If they're going to nitpick, they could mention the Dwight Howard defensive 3 second violation.

ESPN is such a shitty peice of programming. They only pay attention to like 3 or 4 teams in each league big money teams. It's a shame we don't have another option to watch. I remember a game a year or two ago when lebron got called for a travel on hi infamous crab dribble. Espn repeatedly commented on the referee calling the travel not the fact that lebron actually traveled. They are as biased as I've seen reporting wise.... Horrible

Hawks get the respect of a red headed step child.

None.

Nada.

Zilch.

That's what makes it so sweet to beat one of the "Big Boy" teams.

They always cry about "Their" teams losing. Why is that?

Guess ESPN just don't love us. So sad, isn't it - - NOT!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

:line dance: