• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best SG in Hawks History...

Diesel

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

Just for grins. Who do you say is the best. Throw the hardware out of the window. If you were picking your team, what guy are you reaching for?

Tough choice between JJ or Smith. They are very simular players but Joe is just a little more rounded player imo.

The other guys just don't rate.

Joe Johnson. I agree that he is the most all around player on that list. Smitty was a betters shooter, Terry is more athletic, but Joe is more all around.

Stacy Augmon? Why was he on that list?

With the 2g and pg can you pick a guy who was a Hawk but had his best years elsewhere? Bibby would be the best pg in our history or at least close with Mookie if you count his Sactown years, hell maybe Gary Payton would be, lol.

the fact that joe johnson has more votes than Steve Smith is laughable lol...

laughable?? how so?? Johnson is a more complete player..his stats a better and he is a 4 time all star vs Steve Smith's one. I think Smitty was nice..he was a good shooter but Joe Johnson will go down as the better player when its said and done

laughable?? how so?? Johnson is a more complete player..his stats a better and he is a 4 time all star vs Steve Smith's one. I think Smitty was nice..he was a good shooter but Joe Johnson will go down as the better player when its said and done

The Hawks were a different team then....Deke lived on putbacks, we had other offensive options. Smith didn't take as many shots as JJ but was just as accomplished. He got to the line more and played the team game better IMO.

• Premium Member

Love Joe...but give me Smitty all day. Joe is a little more athletic and a better penetrator, but Smitty was a better shooter. There are games where JJ gets hot and gets unstoppable, but when Smitty got hot...

GOOD GOD.

He could throw that thing up from *A N Y W H E R E*.

Love Joe...but give me Smitty all day. Joe is a little more athletic and a better penetrator, but Smitty was a better shooter. There are games where JJ gets hot and gets unstoppable, but when Smitty got hot...

GOOD GOD.

He could throw that thing up from *A N Y W H E R E*.

Problem was he didn't get hot very often and he never shot as well, from the field or from 3, as JJ is doing this season.

Smiths best scoring average was 20.1, again bested by JJ. JJ also got more assists and rebounds. JJ was also a much better defender.

Easy call for JJ.

Edited by exodus

It's clearly Joe and Steve Smith would even tell you that

Steve Smith 4.5 years in Atlanta- 1 all-star game

18.6 PPG

3.8 RPG

3.5 APG

0.9 SPG

0.3 BPG

.429 FG%

.336 3P%

JOe Johnson 5 years in Atlanta- 4 all-star games