• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Forward of Hawks recent history

Diesel

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I purposely left off Danny Manning, Tony Kukoc, and Antoine Walker because of their lack of time playing as Hawks. Dan Roundfield edged out Antoine Carr.. or should I said Cliff Levingston edged out Carr.

• Premium Member

I purposely left off Danny Manning, Tony Kukoc, and Antoine Walker because of their lack of time playing as Hawks. Dan Roundfield edged out Antoine Carr.. or should I said Cliff Levingston edged out Carr.

I seriously can't believe that 4 people voted for Josh or Shareef over Nique. Wow. I think that Atlantans sometimes overrate Nique a bit, but he still is the Hawks' best player since Pettit, and it's really not even all that close.

Edited by niremetal

• Moderators

I voted Deke but Tree certainly needs some attention. Once I got to Nique I almost unchecked everyone else. No one is in his class. He was just a big time scorer that we don't see much anymore. With a better supporting cast he'd be much more recognized.

• Admin

I seriously can't believe that 4 people voted for Josh or Shareef over Nique. Wow. I think that Atlantans sometimes overrate Nique a bit, but he still is the Hawks' best player since Pettit, and it's really not even all that close.

I voted for two forwards (Nique and SAR).

SF and PF

Hard to take a poll seriously that does not mention Kevin Willis. Willis gave us over 9 seasons of stellar play on playoff teams. He rebounded over 15 boards a game 1 year and routinely averaged over 15 ppg and over 12 rpg.

Neither Horford or Smoove are as good as Willis was and they may never be.

Mine would easily be Nique and Willis as the foward tandem.

Mutumbo is the easy choice at center.

I must say that Carr > Levingston too. We can't forget how important physical play vs. the Celtics and Pistons back in those days. Carr was a Mack truck.

Edited by coachx

If John Drew had played the rest of his seasons like he did his first, he would have been the equal of Dominque. He was a shot blocking, defense playing fool. Then he learned that if he relaxed on defense he could score 25 pts a game and quit playing defense.

I remember a game in his rookie year, when we were playing Golden State coming off of one of their very good years. He blocked Rick Barry's shot 5 times. Rick quit shooting. And Rick never quit shooting <grin>. But from season 2 on, Drew just let his man go by him with no effort.

I like a lot and would have picked him with Nique for forwards but the poll wasn't made that way.

I voted for Dominique and Shareef Abdul Rahim as forwards and Mutombo for center. Could of went with Dominique and Josh Smith but I think Rahim in his prime is better than Smoove right now

Who voted for Marvin? I like him but cmon..Glenn Robinson was a better player for sure

He wasn't our best but Laettner at least deserved to make that list. He was an all star with the Hawks which is more than I can say for most of that list.

I agree....it was pathetic list and did not deserve to have a 2nd spun off thread.

2 allstars were left off in Willis and Laettner but a 7th man like Levingston gets on it and bum like Koncak are on it.