Fire Woodson

CrawDaddy

C'mon folks. He's terrible. Faced with any adversity, he sucks. No Joe, and it's over. We still have no offense, 5 years later. There's a reason he doesn't have an extension. Sund watches the games.

OK so we fire Woody instead of trying to add a offensive coordinator to his staff first!...................yeah that's smart.

We all get it! No Joe no O BUT woody is a pretty good defensive coach with his switching D style it's not his fault J.C. and Bibby aren't average defenders and JJ is the only one. Yeah his offense gameplan isn't the best we realized this long ago and again I say we KEEP WOODY and get his A** a OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR TO TAKE OVER THE OFFENSE SIDE OF THE BALL and we will be OK for years to come! I'm pretty sure Sund knows Woody's offense isn't great and he is probably planning on getting Woody some help with that over the off season as long as woody and the hawks put up a challenge in the 2nd round anyhow!

C'mon folks. He's terrible. Faced with any adversity, he sucks. No Joe, and it's over. We still have no offense, 5 years later. There's a reason he doesn't have an extension. Sund watches the games.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but Woody won't be fired. Sund will re-sign Joe and Woody, but I do think he will try to make a move to obtain one of the PGs from NO

• Like 1

OK so we fire Woody instead of trying to add a offensive coordinator to his staff first!...................yeah that's smart.

We all get it! No Joe no O BUT woody is a pretty good defensive coach with his switching D style it's not his fault J.C. and Bibby aren't average defenders and JJ is the only one. Yeah his offense gameplan isn't the best we realized this long ago and again I say we KEEP WOODY and get his A** a OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR TO TAKE OVER THE OFFENSE SIDE OF THE BALL and we will be OK for years to come! I'm pretty sure Sund knows Woody's offense isn't great and he is probably planning on getting Woody some help with that over the off season as long as woody and the hawks put up a challenge in the 2nd round anyhow!

You can just look at Woodson and read his body language and you can tell he don't know jack about coaching.

You can just look at Woodson and read his body language and you can tell he don't know jack about coaching.

I wonder what the assistant coaches(except Larry Drew) think when Mike Woodsen's offensive schemes do not work? Woody saw that they were trapping Crawford when he got the ball from out of bounds. Then he runs the exact same play again and Ben Wallace causes a turnover.

scary version --- I've thought the exact same thing. He doesn't even look like he can coach.

I'm not a big fan of Woody he fustrates me at times, but what does he need to do to look like a coach...I guess he didn't look like a coach when we thumped the Lakers the other day or for the 49 wins this year. I'm not saying he cannot improve his offensivee game plan and in game adjustments but so can all the players.

I'm not a big fan of Woody he fustrates me at times, but what does he need to do to look like a coach...I guess he didn't look like a coach when we thumped the Lakers the other day or for the 49 wins this year. I'm not saying he cannot improve his offensivee game plan and in game adjustments but so can all the players.

They caught the Lakers at the right time. That's all. LA has been losing games right and left as of late.

They caught the Lakers at the right time. That's all. LA has been losing games right and left as of late.

I have my faults with Woodson also, a lot actually. But that response that the Lakers were playing bad is garbage. You can't have it both ways, he's a very flawed and stubborn coach but to say like you and most in this thread that he's terrible is exaggerating quite a bit.

I have my faults with Woodson also, a lot actually. But that response that the Lakers were playing bad is garbage. You can't have it both ways, he's a very flawed and stubborn coach but to say like you and most in this thread that he's terrible is exaggerating quite a bit.

The Lakers have been playing horrible ball as of late. It's a fact.

Woodson is a horrible coach. The defense IS crap. It can't get stops when it needs them, so that makes it a crappy defense. The offense is terrible. It doesn't matter how well it might work for 3 periods... If it falters in the 4th you will see bad L's. When the game is on the line the team has feel short on both ends more and more as the season has gone along. Woody can't even practice his team correctly. If they don't even practice offense that means they're not prepared fully and that's Woodson's fault. He is a terrible f***ing coach. Period. There is no debate about it. His job first and most of all is to have his team prepared and since they don't practice offense that means they're not prepared and the 4th period meltdowns are at least partly because of his poor practicing habits. He is a loser that has no clue what he is doing.

• Like 1

The Lakers have been playing horrible ball as of late. It's a fact.

Woodson is a horrible coach. The defense IS crap. It can't get stops when it needs them, so that makes it a crappy defense. The offense is terrible. It doesn't matter how well it might work for 3 periods... If it falters in the 4th you will see bad L's. When the game is on the line the team has feel short on both ends more and more as the season has gone along. Woody can't even practice his team correctly. If they don't even practice offense that means they're not prepared fully and that's Woodson's fault. He is a terrible f***ing coach. Period. There is no debate about it. His job first and most of all is to have his team prepared and since they don't practice offense that means they're not prepared and the 4th period meltdowns are at least partly because of his poor practicing habits. He is a loser that has no clue what he is doing.

I agree with you on half of your rant, i agree with you 100% on Esther Baxter. :jumping11:

I guess I'm even with the faction of the board who hates my Joe Bashing, because I simply can't understand the Woody Bashing. He witnessed up close what it takes to win a ring, and will hopefully finish the season with more wins than his age, at a ripe 52, and learning as he goes. You all know absolutely nothing about what he does or doesn't do in practice. I love the fact that he doesn't care if everything is pretty or things don't go well for 48 minutes, and cares even less about his detractors. He does a great job of pushing the guys' right buttons and is incorporating Mo and Zaza at the perfect time. Where the Woody Lovers at who respect his steady improvement? You guys do realize that coaches love a point guard who is an extension of themselves, right? Just so happens Woody has one of the least productive, poorly conditioned ones in the entire league, and we're still getting it done.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

How do we know that Woody doesn't make halftime or in game adjustments?

If a coach tells his players to do something and those players are unwilling or unable to do it then what?

Does anyone here honestly believe that Woody doesn't know how to attack a zone defense? I'm 100% sure he does. Just because his players fail to execute his game plan doesn't necessarily mean the game plan was wrong.

Remember this man has played for and coached under some of the best coaches ever! Not saying that the guy is a good coach but I seriously doubt he's as dumb as some around here make him sound.

but...with all that said if the Bucks take the Hawks to 7 his butt should be fired.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I've never been a big Woodson fan but the team exceeded my expectations this year with the record so I am happy to see him continue here with a solid post-season performance from the bench. I do continue to think there is low hanging fruit as far as adjustments that could be made by the coaching staff and will hope we take advantage of some of those opportunities.

The matchup against an undermanned Milwaukee team should give Woodson the chance to put his stamp on a 4-1 or 4-2 series out of the gate. I hope we overachieve in the playoffs and Woodson earns his next contract in Atlanta.

• Like 2