• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

True Fans will stick by the ATL Hawks!....Are you a True FAN?

JTB

I was very depressed last night cause we loss LIKE MANY, I even loss sleep last night cause we dropped a game we should have won! Im feeling better and thinking this thing through. We still have a chance ATL we just have to close the games out better starting tomorrow we need to beat these guys and show the NBA we are for real! Hell most of us ought to gon ahead and stick by the hawks and believe! I mean thats what MIL fans do! I was reading their message boards and they had all the confidence in the world against us. We as Hawk Fans need to have that same confidence in our players. I have stuck with this team too long and supported and even backed up things said about our team!

I and You have been there for this team all year long and before then!:

-When Diesel called out Marvin and said he wasnt a good player..........I was there supporting and backing Marvin up

-When most of this message board blamed everything on Woody.............I was there supporting and backing Woody up the whole time

-When people on this message board said Joe Johnson wasn't a real superstar and couldn't lead us anywhere........I was there backing JJ up and beliveing he could take us to that next level especially with this talented cast!

-When people said we couldn't beat Orlando or the Cavs.................I was there always believeing we could beat these two teams and anybody else in this league

I was there at all these situations and before then and Im not going to turn on my team Now! We can beat the bucks on the road and finish this series at the phillips arena on sunday and move to the 2nd round! We as fans can't be down on our team! We must give our team some confidence and help them believe! It's a shame theire fans even have more heart than our fans even at this difficult situation! IF YOU ARE A TRUE HAWKS FAN YOU WILL PRAY AND HAVE FAITH THAT WE WILL COME OUT ON TOP ATL AND OTHERS AROUND THE NATION SUPPORTING US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO ATL HAWKS!!!! Last that I ask from EVERYBODY is to PRAY: THAT WE WIN THE NEXT 2 GAMES AND ADVANCE TO THE 2ND ROUND!!!! AGAIN IM ASKING EVERYBODY TO PRAY FOR YOUR ATL HAWKS!!! PLEASE!!!!

:angel19: :angel19: :angel19:

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

I am no matter what happens, but 50 % of the guys on here are not. They are a bunch of fair weather fans. Who think trading away everyone is going to solve our problems. When it will only create more. I want a new coach here , before we even think about trading anyone..

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hell, I have my fingers crossed we can get through Milwaukee and compete with Orlando. Trouble is I have no faith whatsoever in Woodson, and this team hasn't shown that they can compete on the road AT ALL in the three years we have made the playoffs. No question, I will be watching and supporting the team though, hoping for a miracle.

While I agree with you that "true fans" wouldn't turn their backs on this team right now, I also can see why they have given up. This team has shown no guts during these last 3 games. We didn't even show up in Game 3 . . Didn't execute well on defense in Game 4 . . and flat out melted down in Game 5.

So with the way this team plays on the road, what belief is there that they'll pull off a victory in Game 6 . . against a Milwaukee team that isn't scared of us one bit?

The strength of our team has been our 2 shot creating guards, combined with our athletic forwards rebounding and running the floor. That's what we need, in order to win Game 6. If that doesn't happen, the lack of heart this tea has shown, could lead to an ugly and embarrassing blowout.

Personally, I thought if we won Game 5, Milwaukee would play with the same sort of desperation as we did in Game 6 vs Boston, and beat us in Game 6 Friday night.

Now . . . I have no idea how what to expect.

Do they go on the road and lay down and die . . . like they did in Game 7 of the Boston series?

Or do they battle and claw and refuse to die . . . like they did in Game 4 of the Miami series?

Somebody needs to step up, be a leader, and right this ship before it crashes into the iceberg.

And I don't care who it is . . from JJ . . to Smoove . . to Horford . . to Zaza . . or even Jeff Teague. If it won't or can't come from the coach, what player will step up?

• Like 1

I hope that you understand... Opinions are a God given right to anybody. And because a fan wants to see change, doesn't mean that they are fair weather. A fair weather fan are people who will stop posting on this forum after changes are made and we are into a sub .500 season, not people who voice their opinions on changes that could be made. A fair weather fan doesn't go to live Hawks games and supports their team, not a person who discusses with other fans of the team. If this was a Hawks forum and you had Celtics fans talking crap, it would be a different story. But we are all fans here and we are entitled to our opinion, especially if we go to their games.

• Like 1

While I agree with you that "true fans" wouldn't turn their backs on this team right now, I also can see why they have given up. This team has shown no guts during these last 3 games. We didn't even show up in Game 3 . . Didn't execute well on defense in Game 4 . . and flat out melted down in Game 5.

So with the way this team plays on the road, what belief is there that they'll pull off a victory in Game 6 . . against a Milwaukee team that isn't scared of us one bit?

The strength of our team has been our 2 shot creating guards, combined with our athletic forwards rebounding and running the floor. That's what we need, in order to win Game 6. If that doesn't happen, the lack of heart this tea has shown, could lead to an ugly and embarrassing blowout.

Personally, I thought if we won Game 5, Milwaukee would play with the same sort of desperation as we did in Game 6 vs Boston, and beat us in Game 6 Friday night.

Now . . . I have no idea how what to expect.

Do they go on the road and lay down and die . . . like they did in Game 7 of the Boston series?

Or do they battle and claw and refuse to die . . . like they did in Game 4 of the Miami series?

Somebody needs to step up, be a leader, and right this ship before it crashes into the iceberg.

And I don't care who it is . . from JJ . . to Smoove . . to Horford . . to Zaza . . or even Jeff Teague. If it won't or can't come from the coach, what player will step up?

i understand what you are saying bruh and all what you said is so true but man we can't turn our backs just cause of what recent history is saying we have to know we can win on the road and beat this team! All that us fans can do is Pray for this team organization especially our players! Lets just pray that all of our players come and play as a team a never give up and win that game on friday! Like some else said we need to win one at a time in other words all focus needs to be on the game tomorrow I know this team dont want to go fishing so I know even though they haven't shown any heart lately I really expect to see it tomorrow.

anyone that signs up and post on this board is a true fan. People that sit there and complain that we bash our team after playing like trash are joe fans.

Edited by MVP23
  • Like 1

I hope that you understand... Opinions are a God given right to anybody. And because a fan wants to see change, doesn't mean that they are fair weather. A fair weather fan are people who will stop posting on this forum after changes are made and we are into a sub .500 season, not people who voice their opinions on changes that could be made. A fair weather fan doesn't go to live Hawks games and supports their team, not a person who discusses with other fans of the team. If this was a Hawks forum and you had Celtics fans talking crap, it would be a different story. But we are all fans here and we are entitled to our opinion, especially if we go to their games.

fair weather fans, you know we're talking about playoff games. couple years ago, we don't, i don't even dare to think about playoffs so to me this is already very good. but what bother me is, the head coach has no directions, no plans, no change. the players look like they don't even care. i said it before(maybe not here at HS but some other forums), i only want my team(s) to complete, play hard every game. i don't care much about the record or even championship.

for tomorrow's game, win or lose, doesn't matter. win, sure good but lose, maybe the team will do something for the better. i don't know.

I'd love to see the Hawks win on Friday . If you look at the tangibles it should be a no contest , but its the intangibles that are contributing to the Hawks demise ( hustle , heart ) . I know some of the Hawks are probably feeling bad about the way things turned out last night, but what i saw was a shell shocked team that doesn't seem to know what to do . Unless woody simplifies things for them or they just get mad and show they are willing to do whatever it takes to win , the season is over .

I think with the roster we have , we should be battling for a championship THIS year , but I really don't feel like the Hawks are capable of doing what Woody is asking of them , or they are simply tired of Woody . whatever it is , I hope they can man up and rip this one away from these Bucks , that are playing the type of inspired ball you wish the Hawks were.

I am a man of science, not faith. And the facts don't point towards a positive outcome for the Hawks in this series. Losing at home last night sort of sealed their fate as far as probability goes. Having a negative outlook right now just means you're looking at the facts. Having said that, I will be here if they do pull out these next two games or not. I will be here starting next season even if Woody's the coach or not. I will be positive when there is reason to be and I will be negative when there is reason to be. Right now, my attitude is prove me wrong Hawks. Show some guts and prove you're worth. SHOW UP AND PLAY TO WIN!!!

• Like 1

I'd love to see the Hawks win on Friday . If you look at the tangibles it should be a no contest , but its the intangibles that are contributing to the Hawks demise ( hustle , heart ) . I know some of the Hawks are probably feeling bad about the way things turned out last night, but what i saw was a shell shocked team that doesn't seem to know what to do . Unless woody simplifies things for them or they just get mad and show they are willing to do whatever it takes to win , the season is over .

I think with the roster we have , we should be battling for a championship THIS year , but I really don't feel like the Hawks are capable of doing what Woody is asking of them , or they are simply tired of Woody . whatever it is , I hope they can man up and rip this one away from these Bucks , that are playing the type of inspired ball you wish the Hawks were.

good post couldnt be any clearer.

STEER THE DEER TO GAME 7 HAWKS

• Premium Member

We lost home court vs the Heat last season. What happened? They won on the road when it mattered the most. And they went to the conf semis.

I BELIEVE! They will play like there's no tomorrow, take game 6 and return to decide at Philips.

I wish the players won't listen to Mr Potatohead and just play it like men, the way it's supposed to be. All Woodson does is stunt the team's growth.

GO HAWKS! AND STFU WOODY!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know I will be cheering for us until the last seconds tick off the clock this season. I hope that isn't for quite a while yet. We have the talent to win this game for sure. If we make some adjustments to counter the moves Skiles has made and bring the intensity we should absolutely win this game. There is no reason not to believe we can win tonight and close them out in Atlanta if we take care of our business.

Bring it tonight Atlanta!

Milwaukee is and has been a great basketball town for a long time. Atlanta has nowhere near the same passion for it's team and it's sad.

I was at the game Wed nite and at 8 o'clock I was amazed at how many open seats there still were. The place was maybe 3/4 full. Now we

all know about the bad ATL traffic, but this was an 8 oclock start! You would expect the place to be full and rocking for tipoff for a playoff game #5.

It took until midway in the 2nd qtr for the place to look full. This just shows that fans have a "dont care" attitude about this team. You watch your

TV tonite and you see how full and loud their arena is right at start time tonite and notice the difference.

Milwaukee is and has been a great basketball town for a long time. Atlanta has nowhere near the same passion for it's team and it's sad.

I was at the game Wed nite and at 8 o'clock I was amazed at how many open seats there still were. The place was maybe 3/4 full. Now we

all know about the bad ATL traffic, but this was an 8 oclock start! You would expect the place to be full and rocking for tipoff for a playoff game #5.

It took until midway in the 2nd qtr for the place to look full. This just shows that fans have a "dont care" attitude about this team. You watch your

TV tonite and you see how full and loud their arena is right at start time tonite and notice the difference.

Please L.A. has 18 ships and 5 times as many people and they don't show up to the game on time either so that is irrelevant. What is though is that this franchise has been here for almost 50 years and we haven't sniffed a championship. We haven't even gotten past the second round. If we lose tonight they might as well fold the franchise because this nucleus will be broken up and it will take us another 5 years just to get back to respectability. The fan base, what ever is left, won't support that.