• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Love Hawks Squawk

LouFan

Alright gentlemen and ladies I would like to introduce myself.

Name's Lou and been a Hawks fan for awhile now. I love all Atlanta teams and love this city. I have been living here all my life.

I stumbled to this goldmine by posting on the AJC forums and I LOVE THIS SITE!

I see a lot of true Hawks fans here and I love how we can criticize, but always want the best for the team. The chat room adds a lot of fun watching the game at home too. Very cool cats in there.

I look forward to yelling, laughing, and having intellectual battles with all of you on here. I expect to learn much from you all.

Just finished watching game six and looking forward to going to game seven. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM AND BE THERE!!!!

Thanks for the opportunity to be here and LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!

+1, welcome good sir.

Hawks fans unite!

• Premium Member

Welcome aboard! Everybody is cool here (well sort of) and the Game Chat is great! We never criticize a player snowballfight.gif unless he makes one mistake.

Welcome, LouFan!

Also, lemme remind all chatters that since the mods can't be in every chat (I usually have to choose between the chat or actually watching the game), you might need to PM us about any inappropriate behavior.

Also, lemme remind all chatters that since the mods can't be in every chat (I usually have to choose between the chat or actually watching the game), you might need to PM us about any inappropriate behavior.

I wouldn't worry about that mrh...it seems to be pretty well self moderated. This was probably the most emotional game of the year and I didn't see any posts that were out of line. There were a few "poops" and "dangits" but that's all I can remember...

• Premium Member

Welcome! This a pretty cool fansite. It gets a little heated from time to time, but everyone just wants to see this team succeed. It's nice to see new members coming in. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Welcome Lou.

Yep, we have our arguments from time to time but one thing's for sure; no one would be able to not call us Hawk fans. Our mission is to see our favorite NBA team hoist up the world championship trophy and although we all have different philosophies as to how, we love it when they win nonetheless (well, except when it cost us a Dwight Howard but that's water under the bridge.... :beathorse: )

Anyway, welcome aboard...

What's up, Lou. It won't be sweet for too long, though. If you're opinionated, you'll develop an adversary pretty quick, all in the love for the Red and Yellow. Just a jumping point for me: I love Josh, Al, and Jamal, like Woody, am indifferent towards Joe, Bibby is inconsequential, and of course, you can't post here unless you think Marvin Sucks.

you can't post here unless you think Marvin Sucks.

That is totally not true benhillboy. I can't remember ever saying "Marvin Sucks"

Granted Marvin was the #2 pick in a draft that had CP3 and Deron going later - when we needed a PG bigtime (thanks BK!!not Marvin's fault). and Marvin is about our laziest player while taking up the #3 spot (hugely important on any NBA team)...and Marvin can't hit a jumper if he has to move (like one inch)...and when he tries to drive in a halfcourt offense he looks like a one legged duck and often falls down after his shot is blocked...and he plays like he is 6'6" at best.

But honestly, I can't remember ever saying that Marvin sucks.

P.S. - the term "sucks" was actually started many years ago. When most folks were farmers they always had dogs for herding assistance and as an early warning system when they slept (dogs have accute hearing). At times though, some dogs would figure out that they could bite the end off an egg and suck out the yoke of an egg. Once they learned this there was no way to stop them from doing it again and they had to be put down and replaced. So the term "sucks" is actually a derivative of "egg sucking dog".

• Premium Member

you will not find a collection of more knowledgeable basketball fans anywhere.

other than the chat room (which has turned into a internet-thug-wannabe gathering since the playoffs) you can't beat this site.

welcome

• Premium Member

P.S. - the term "sucks" was actually started many years ago. When most folks were farmers they always had dogs for herding assistance and as an early warning system when they slept (dogs have accute hearing). At times though, some dogs would figure out that they could bite the end off an egg and suck out the yoke of an egg. Once they learned this there was no way to stop them from doing it again and they had to be put down and replaced. So the term "sucks" is actually a derivative of "egg sucking dog".

I have never heard that. Brilliant.