• Premium Member

******13******

*************26*************

***************30***************

******************37*******************

**********************45********************

**************************53**************************

The legacy of Woody.

Would be nice to see what Woodson could do with legitimate NBA talent at the 1 & 5.

Would be nice to see what Woodson could do with legitimate NBA talent at the 1 & 5.

Exactly. I think all of that ISO-JOE was out of the fact that we never had a legit playmaking PG here. So Woody gave "superstar" responsibilities to the one player who could create his own shot and create for others.

All GM's want to bring in their own guy... Plus the guys were tuning him out- sometimes you can't just place all blame on someone, but it still doesn't mean that change isnt neccessary.

I agree 100% with the move- but honestly-

WOODSON- SINCERELY...... THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR THIS TEAM!

yes, there were flaws--- but he put this franchise in a lot better position than it was when he found it.

• Premium Member

******13******

The legacy of Woody.

January 2010:

But what I’m telling you guys is that if you guys will just consistently do what we’re asking you to do on defense, we’ll win games. I don’t give a s*** about the offense; you guys can score more than enough points to win games. The offense isn’t the problem.

May 2010:

“You could have never told me we would struggle to score points,” Woodson said.

The legacy of Woody.

Edited by niremetal

Exactly. I think all of that ISO-JOE was out of the fact that we never had a legit playmaking PG here. So Woody gave "superstar" responsibilities to the one player who could create his own shot and create for others.

This.

From that perspective, I'm not surprised that he announced a decision on Woody quickly. I also am guessing that JJ will have his first serious offer from the Hawks as soon as the free agency period starts. I would be (pleasantly) surprised, though, if we saw movement on other fronts (trade, MLE signings, etc) while JJ's situation is unresolved. And that's my concern.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on other movement before JJ situation is resolved. It appears that will have a domino effect this off-season. Sund won't want to use the MLE until he knows he needs to replace JJ or build around him.

This will certainly be an exciting off-season. I can't wait.

• Premium Member

******13******

No coach is having this kind of improvement without doing something right. When you factor in that the Hawks payroll is always near the bottom of the NBA Woody's progression is damn near unreal.

2 Words: Dan Reeves

• Like 1

******13******

No coach is having this kind of improvement without doing something right. When you factor in that the Hawks payroll is always near the bottom of the NBA Woody's progression is damn near unreal.

2 Words: Dan Reeves

+1

Good bye Woody don't let the door hit you on the way out. :blow out candles: :blow out candles: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: . People forget that the Hawks had top 5 picks a few years,Smoove and a decent talented roster and even with time and talent they couldn't advance past round 2.

Sometimes a change of scenery is needed and now the Hawks can move on and hopefully pick a coach who knows how to make adjustments and play young players. I always got frustrated Woody never gave alot of playing time to young point guards.

Edited by thescout

Good bye Woody don't let the door hit you on the way out. :blow out candles: :blow out candles: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: . People forget that the Hawks had top 5 picks a few years,Smoove and a decent talented roster and even with time and talent they couldn't advance past round 2.

Sometimes a change of scenery is needed and now the Hawks can move on and hopefully pick a coach who knows how to make adjustments and play young players. I always got frustrated Woody never gave alot of playing time to young point guards.

Top picks that have been villifyed for YEARS by the fan base.

- Josh Childress

- Marvin Williams

- Shelden Williams

- Acie Law

Only Acie was a somewhat consensus. And he's been with 4 teams in 3 years ( 3 teams this year alone ), and will be a free agent this summer. Do you want Acie back here?