• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What does Magic Blowout say about us?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Boston is beating Orlando the way that Orlando beat us.

Orlando looks like the broken team who is overmatched.

I expected Orlando to sweep Boston but after this first home game, I don't know if they have the toughness.

What does that really say about us?

I expected Orlando to sweep Boston but after this first home game, I don't know if they have the toughness.

That we would have lost to the Celtics in the playoffs, those 4 regular season wins mean nothing at playoff time.

I have to disagree. I saw something like this coming. Orlando had little to no resistance in the first 2 rounds and so much rest that it's easy for them to get relaxed. Same thing happened to Cleveland last year and the Magic hit them in the mouth from the jump. I still expect Orlando to bounce back and win the series but I think it's goin 6 or 7

starting true center and PG

The Magic were up 29-13 at the end of one . The celtics starters fought back ours never did especially in the first game so the Magic never took a punch against us .

The Celtics had 17 fast break points to the magic 5 and the magic hit 10 threes shooting 45% .

The Celtics played all out we had guy strolling back on defense and we think that maybe just maybe after 6 years a new coach will somehow convince he should actually run back.

What it says to me is that in game 2, Orlando will make the appropriate adjustments and win. I still think they outmatch the Celtics up and down the court.

No way Van gundy doesnt have his team come out swinging in game 2.

it says 2 major things to me:

1) we need a defensive center to match up w/ howard (collins doesn't count, maybe haywood?). I love al and think we can get by w/ him as the starting center against most teams, just not the magic. dwight was just way too comfortable against us.

2) the team gave up on woodson. they stopped scrapping and fighting so it was obvious woodys time was over. he had lost the players. we need our next coach to be someone who is well respected by the players and in return, someone they will play hard for. someone who gets his team fighting to the death like the bucs did for skiles.

• Premium Member

I have always hated the Celtics in my life BUT today they played defense like it is supposed to be played. In addition their bigs didn't let Dwight catch the ball right under the basket.

The only players on the Hawks that play defense every night are Horford and Marvin.

I have always hated the Celtics in my life BUT today they played defense like it is supposed to be played. In addition their bigs didn't let Dwight catch the ball right under the basket.

The only players on the Hawks that play defense every night are Horford and Marvin.

Until the Hawks get another big man or 2 and a point guard they'll continue to struggle vs Orlando.Charlotte and now Boston have the formula.It's going to take more than a new coach to become an elite team.

It says the Celtics move/share the ball and the Hawks don't.

The Celtics had 21 assist... more than the Hawks had in any of their games against the Magic.

I think Woodson did some great things for this team but I'm so glad his iso offense is out of here.

Edited by ATLSmith

can't teach size

Bingo. They have bigger bodies. Dwight shot horrible because of this. Not only that, they only doubled him once the whole game. Which protected from the three.

It says the best way to beat the Magic is to challenge Dwight Howard 1 on 1 and not give 20 open looks per game to a team that made more 3 pointers than any team in NBA History.

Two dozen Uncontested 3s by the team that made the most 3 pointers in NBA history is far more dangerous than Dwight Howard offensively.

Also shows you what happens when you actually challenge Dwight Howard in the paint. He can't block every shot. So stop being such sissies and settling for jumpers, and just throwing it up at the rim and hoping that some blind rainbow attempt can go in.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

We lacked size, heart, and pride. I also think we forgot what we are playing for. The Celtics are not a young team and they understand you dont get in the playoffs every year. So you must take advantage of the chances you get. Its a cut throat game and the Celtics are hungry. We were not. We played like we didnt want to win and looked like we didnt belong no where near the second round.

• Premium Member

The Magic were up 29-13 at the end of one . The celtics starters fought back ours never did especially in the first game so the Magic never took a punch against us .

The Celtics had 17 fast break points to the magic 5 and the magic hit 10 threes shooting 45% .

The Celtics played all out we had guy strolling back on defense and we think that maybe just maybe after 6 years a new coach will somehow convince he should actually run back.

Couple of things.

The fast break starts with the rebound. The Celtics did have the bigs to compete for the rebound.

BUT...

Second.

A new coach should convince our guys to be different. Especially if he comes in and shows no favoritism. That means that if Josh is slackassing, then bench him.

We picked a great time to fold it in. I hope no one believes that the team, and Woody for that matter, were that poor. Hell, I don't even think Joe is that poor, believe it or not :biggrin: Bad combination of refusing to chase them off the three and getting discouraged with bad foul calls when the simple, widely known gameplan is to get Silly Dwight off his game with hard fouls.

I've seen variations here and there in the Finals winners I've witnessed since the late 80's, but the recipe remains pretty much the same to drill deep and break through in June: awesome, non-turnover, distributing PG play (Magic on his own pedastal, then Isiah, Billups, can't see anyone dealing with Rondo this year, Parker: pros and cons). Sam Cassell and Derek Fisher to a much lesser extent, but both still solid in their roles. Secondly, but no less important, a variation of a Hall of Famer with a sidekick or some combination of 2 players up front with some All-Defensive Consideration who complement each other well with size, length, and a desire to put a virtual lid on their basket (Laimbeer/ Mahorn, Hakeem, Kareem, Sheed/ Ben, Alonzo, Duncan/Robinson, Bynum and Gasol to a much lesser extent.) Shaq, a whole nother topic I rather not rant on. But you get me. And if you have some holes here and there, all you need is a legendary 2 guard and coach combo to smooth everything out.

So let's see. Our point guard had an embarrassing resume by any measure this season and our front line is very undersized combined with one's inability to check his emotions and focus. Boston has a fine PG (does he remind anyone of anybody?) Maybe not a legendary 2, but I think very highly of Jesus, no less than Clyde Drexler. Say what you will about K.G., he would probably box Josh square in the mouth at center court behind some of his antics, forget waiting for the locker room. He is beside Perkins, a well-respected and well-sized defender, who can both sit down and be spelled by well over 500 pounds of basket defenders who have no problem extending to the perimeter in Big Baby and Sheed! Doc loses his voice preaching these all so simple laws: defend the basket and move the ball. We all know Woody did this, like all other coaches do, but for whatever reason the players didn't respond.

Embarrassing failure? Of course. It didn't sink in till the last game for me, and I felt like a sick little girl. But I knew we were wildly shorthanded all along in the big scheme of things.

Edited by benhillboy