• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we Trade Big Al?

Johnnybravo4

I wouldn't neccesarily have a problem giving up either Horford or Smith in some kinda deal that would involve Bynum...but my concern is that he has not shown the ability to stay healthy for a full season so that'sa no for me.

Al Horford is the heart and soul of this team. He is the only player I would hate to see go.

We all saw that the wins jumped three years ago and the reason is because we drafted Horford. He came, took us to the playoffs, and saved Woody's job. He's a winner

Edited by Moses

In two years Al will be unguardable and will command double teams, why would you get rid of a player like that.

Plus, he is a very good defender, no way I would trade Al Horford.

But, if this franchise wanted to; I guarantee the list of teams wanting Al would be long.

actually, the owners and rick sund have both said time and time again. that Smoove IS the heart & soul of this team...

But that's besides the fact, trading away either one of them will be a huge mistake...

I think we should just keep both. I see no other options and they play well with each other. Bring Thabeet in for defense and length and we will have the most athletic and longest team in the NBA. Defensively, they could be as good as those Mookie/Deke teams but with more offense.

I meant to say at the 5. And like I said in another thread. Smoove is our Derek Jeter. If you move him it better be for a superstar, if not, it doesn't matter if you win 60 games, no one will come.

I do not understand how anyone can compare Smooves marketability to Derek Jeter. Jeter is in ads that run all over the world; and he is seen with the most high profile sports figures and beautiful models in the world.

Smoove is so tradeable right now its not even funny. The whole team is tradeable and quite possibly up for sale. Yet you believe we have something special in a guy who has never played in a all-star game in six seasons as a pro; not to mention he has a serious problem stringing together more than two coherent sentences at a time. Probably one of the many reasons High School players are not allowed into the NBA draft anymore.....

Get a grip on the Jeter comparisons please. This is the real world; not NBA 2K10. The real world and Derek Jeter extend so far beyond 285 your comparison leaves me at a almost complete loss for any words that do not sound extremely demeaning.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Well maybe we dont trade Horf or Smoove and lets see if the coaching staff can help Smoove develop a mid range game. Horf is a better player than Smoove at the PF spot IMO. I dont care how many jerseys they sell in Phillips. Its about team ball and giving 100 percent effort.

There is no way you compare Nique and Smoove. EVER!!!! Smoove doesnt have the determination like Nique did. Until someone puts a foot up Smoove but and gets him going and not going to tolerate these antics he pulls DURING PLAYOFF BASKETBALL, I say he should be traded instead of Horf.

Not necessarily.

He's not a polarizing figure like Mike Vick because most people's problem with Mike Vick was never his heart.

You're right, it was his brains. So maybe there is a little similarity there after all. BOT I'd rather trade Smith. Most Atlanta fans would rather trade Smith and most Atlanta fans are from the area. Not sure if you've noticed but Atlanta is not what you would call America's team and most would rather have Horford.

NO NO ...a thousand times NO!!!!!!

Trade Smoove and move Horford to the 4.

Horford is still improvong and most importantly....has a BRAIN and a great work ethic.

He is our only leader on the court and should be the foundation of this team for the next

10 years.

Trade the complainer, whiner, baby, prim-donna, lazy, non-hustler, dumb player that is Josh Smith.

Let him be another team's headache.

I do not understand how anyone can compare Smooves marketability to Derek Jeter. Jeter is in ads that run all over the world; and he is seen with the most high profile sports figures and beautiful models in the world.

LOL........just look at who said it.

LOL........just look at who said it.

I never said that Smoove was as marketable as Jeter is. I am saying that Yankee fans love Derek Jeter and wouldn't trade him for Pujols if you asked them. Jeter is THEIR guy. He came up in their system and became a star. A-Rod is probably the better player (Like Horford) but if you ask Yankee fans if they had to deal A-Rod or Jeter, they would move A-Rod in a heartbeat.

• Premium Member

I never said that Smoove was as marketable as Jeter is. I am saying that Yankee fans love Derek Jeter and wouldn't trade him for Pujols if you asked them.

Wanna bet?

I think Smoove pulled his trump card and showed Woody the door. He'd been waiting for a long time and it called for drastic measures.

I'd trade Smoove before Horf, but would'nt mind keeping both. S&T JJ and bring in a really nice C. Smoove for Monta Ellis and Randolph. Bring Chil back, sign Mike Miller. Bibby, Zaza and #24 could get us pretty good C.

Try JJ for Al Jefferson;

Jefferson / Zaza

Horf / Randolph / #53

Chil / MW

Miller / Crawf / #24

Ellis / Teague / Bibby

I think Smoove pulled his trump card and showed Woody the door. He'd been waiting for a long time and it called for drastic measures.

I'd trade Smoove before Horf, but would'nt mind keeping both. S&T JJ and bring in a really nice C. Smoove for Monta Ellis and Randolph. Bring Chil back, sign Mike Miller. Bibby, Zaza and #24 could get us pretty good C.

Try JJ for Al Jefferson;

Jefferson / Zaza

Horf / Randolph / #53

Chil / MW

Miller / Crawf / #24

Ellis / Teague / Bibby

We can't sign and trade no one unless Joe want to there and wants his 6th year. Otherwise, Joe can do what he wants.

• Moderators

We can't sign and trade no one unless Joe want to there and wants his 6th year. Otherwise, Joe can do what he wants.

A S&T could also come into the picture if a team is over the cap, like Dallas, even if the contract is nothing more than other teams could offer. Obviously, Joe would still need to endorse any S&T.

I meant to say at the 5. And like I said in another thread. Smoove is our Derek Jeter. If you move him it better be for a superstar, if not, it doesn't matter if you win 60 games, no one will come.

That speaks volumes about the fan base in ATL . . . which is partially why I started that thread the other day.