• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Casey gets 2nd interview

NJHAWK

like I said in many other threads as long as he can surely bring Terry Stotts with him we might be ok with him coaching us and it wont be a disaster! but thats a BIG MIGHT!...............ASG! SUND! dont take a chance in possibly destroy this young team PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hire Avery Johnson or B.Scott or S.Mitchell, Hell i think most of us will take a risk Corbin before taking a risk on Casey!

:help wanted: Some of the Hawk players like JJ, Smith, Horford need to speak up or do something if it can help with the decision making on the next coach! :help wanted:

Are they gonna interview any real coaches for a change?????????

P.S. I know that options are limited, but c'mon! How 'bout Mike Fratello...

Edited by T21

Avery Johnson was in here twice last week.

BTW, Casey is a real coach too.

• Premium Member

You mean the Mike Fratello who is 2-20 in his last 22 playoff games? I thought the purpose of this new coach was to get us past the second round. Silly me.

Edited by niremetal

While I'm not "giddy" over the thought of hiring Casey I am certainly intrigued by him and I should also mention that I was far less interested in Sund being hired but that's turned out pretty good so far. Casey had that T-Wolves club that he got railroaded from playing very well (considering what they did before and have done after him) and supposedly he's very well liked by players around the league as well as being a major stat-head and to me that says he must be a pretty intelligent guy so he should be a guy that plays the percentages and is willing to be flexible with match-ups.

For me he's really the best available right now if it's true that Avery Johnson really wants full control and that Jeff Van Gundy isn't going to coach this year. I'm definitely not interested in Fratello and I can't see Hubie being interested in coaching again so our options really are limited.

And hey at the very worst at least we won't have to see those Woody expressions on the court anymore!

Edit - sorry I forgot about my first choice and that's Byron Scott ... or as someone in the blog comments mentioned how about Rudy T?

• Moderators

For me he's really the best available right now if it's true that Avery Johnson really wants full control

Michael Cunningham said today that the reports of Avery's power grab are greatly overstated.

Michael Cunningham said today that the reports of Avery's power grab are greatly overstated.

I'd like to believe that's the case but there's got to be some explanation why he remains unemployed and the Hornets have supposedly moved on to other candidates.

• Moderators

I still don't understand exactly what Fratello has done thats so great :question:

I just wanna see the look on Josh's face when the Czar of the Telestrator busts out the Promethean Boards to strategize at halftime.

~lw3