• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe, Dwade, LeBron Package Deal?

Deeman

AJC just making things up.

Why would anyone want to go to NY? After they pay 2 max contracts, they will not have enough money for any other decent players.

I'm pretty sure they can do a sign and trade deal for Lee.

PG Chris Duhon/ Toney Douglass

Sg Joe Johnson

SF Lebron

PF Danilo Gallinari

C Earl Barron

Edited by Deeman

• Admin

All 3 will talk to each other to see where the others are going, interesting.

http://blogs.ajc.com..._medium=twitter

I think Joe and Lebron are going to New York together.

I have a feeling Joe will end up with Lebron too. Bosh would be the best running mate for any of those three but if Joe is willing to take a secondary role he would fit nicely with either Lebron or Wade. I hope he comes back here but I have a feelign he is as good as gone.

• Premium Member

I first read this rumor in an interview someone credible did with Jermaine O'Neal. He indicated that there was reason to believe that 3 players might try to package themselves to one team. But even Miami can't afford three max contracts as I understand it... am I right about that?

• Admin

I first read this rumor in an interview someone credible did with Jermaine O'Neal. He indicated that there was reason to believe that 3 players might try to package themselves to one team. But even Miami can't afford three max contracts as I understand it... am I right about that?

There was a time when Grant Hill, Tim Duncan and Tracey McGrady were going to go to Orlando together...they were all going to take less then max to be able to play together.

That is what will happen here I bet if they really want to play together. THe thing is that they are all wings who want to handle the ball...it would be better if one of the three guys was Bosh

• Like 1

There was a time when Grant Hill, Tim Duncan and Tracey McGrady were going to go to Orlando together...they were all going to take less then max to be able to play together.

That is what will happen here I bet if they really want to play together. THe thing is that they are all wings who want to handle the ball...it would be better if one of the three guys was Bosh

Well Bosh's agent says that he will definitely be at that meeting with the other 3 guys so who knows ... but I've got a feeling that Joe is going to be the last kid picked and won't end up in the trifecta (assuming they all decide to take less than the max to be able to go to one team).

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson is gone. Go ahead and make your peace with it.

History isn't on your side. Words and emotions of frustration tend to place second to money in the end. It's a long time until July 1.

History isn't on your side. Words and emotions of frustration tend to place second to money in the end. It's a long time until July 1.

What we're seeing this summer is a fairly unique situation, the Orlando situation years back isn't quite an equal comparison. We have four of the top 16 players in the league meeting together to basically decide the fate of the NBA over the next couple of years. Some combination of those hired guns will become a threat to the current Lakers-Celtics-Magic triumvirate that has ruled the league the past couple of years.

• Premium Member

What we're seeing this summer is a fairly unique situation, the Orlando situation years back isn't quite an equal comparison. We have four of the top 16 players in the league meeting together to basically decide the fate of the NBA over the next couple of years. Some combination of those hired guns will become a threat to the current Lakers-Celtics-Magic triumvirate that has ruled the league the past couple of years.

The thing is that Orlando a few years ago set themselves up with lowcost players with only one year left on their contract and I don't even know if they had a rookie the year they went for it all. Still, even then, the cool collected guy stayed in San Antonio with Robinson so Orlando only got two of it's three targets. In that same year, Chicago wanted to make a move and they ended up with Eddie Jones.

This offseason, there will be some winners and losers. I don't think Bron really wants to put himself with Wade. Wade has won a championship. Bron has the face of a loser right now. He wants to get the right coach and the right situation with a bunch of good secondary players (like Joe). I can see Bron and Joe in Jersey with Phil Jackson coaching. NJ will have to give us something to make it happen.