• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Possible explanation for the suddenly open wallet ASG?

HawkItus

Kincade 680 says that a separate group will make an offer for the Thrashers and keep the team in Atlanta with the ASG still keeping the Hawks and the arena

I heard this six months ago, I wonder how close it is to getting done.

Kincade 680 says that a separate group will make an offer for the Thrashers and keep the team in Atlanta with the ASG still keeping the Hawks and the arena

I hope he is right ........not that I hate the Thrashers but if it helps the Hawks and the Thrashers stay in town with owners who love hocky then its a win - win.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

This could alter my signature...

Praise Jesus!! ... or your signature could be "hacked by H". :computer2:

In all seriousness though I'd be thrilled if Belkin sold his stake and I'd love for it to be to someone outside of the current group since that would infuse some outside cash but even if it's to the remaining owners at least we'd have that behind us.

I am thankful that the ASG decided to be "cheap" with the Thrashers rather than the Hawks since taking over as owners. If I was a fan of hockey or the Thrashers I might feel differently, but I really could care less about hockey.

...I am thankful that the ASG decided to be "cheap" with the Thrashers rather than the Hawks since taking over as owners. If I was a fan of hockey or the Thrashers I might feel differently, but I really could care less about hockey.

Honestly - If I had only three TV channels (all sports) and one was Hockey and the other Soccer and the other Curling, I would become a Curling expert.

• Like 1

Honestly - If I had only three TV channels (all sports) and one was Hockey and the other Soccer and the other Curling, I would become a Curling expert.

Really? I don't think that curling is a drinking spectator sport though, whereas hockey certainly is. :saythat:

• Premium Member

I find it difficult to accept anyone who likes sports can not like hockey. It is hands down the best sport in the world. Go to a game and tell me after you've been that you didn't like it.

Wasn't all that impressed, to be honest. The fighting is silly (I'd watch boxing if that's what I wanted to see) and I couldn't see the puck from where I sat...

Wasn't all that impressed, to be honest. The fighting is silly (I'd watch boxing if that's what I wanted to see) and I couldn't see the puck from where I sat...

Agreed! I'm sure that just like soccer it's quite fun to play but it's boring to watch IMO. I could care less about their "fighting" with all those pads on and there isn't anywhere near enough scoring for my taste and I've been to many hockey games, some NHL and a lot Houston Aeros games.

I love watching soccer and wish I could get the EPL online for free...

Ironically, I like the fact there's little scoring because it makes it more dramatic...

I'll go along with that to a degree mrh.....I just wish it was 20 or 30 minutes waiting for a goal instead of 90. I remember going to an indoor soccer league game years ago - it was awesome. Some team beat the other team 11-9.

IMO the easiest way to spice up both soccer and hockey would be to do away with the goalie position.

• Premium Member

You need better seats and frankly the whole use of fighting as an excuse not to like hockey is at least ten years dated now. There's almost no fighting in hockey in the NHL.

Personaly fighting is the best part of the sport for me. If all I wanted to watch was a fight I'd watch MMA or boxing but its just an added bonus. How many times, when watching an NBA game, would you like to see players just throw down rather then being all talk ?

Its a game that is appreciated when seen live...............on TV you can't appreciate how fast they are going or how hard they hit. Sit by the glass 1 night and watch two 225 pound dudes smash each other going 17 mph.

I'm not a hockey a guy but its way better then soccer b/c of the physicality, in my eyes, while still taking a high level of skill.

Those phantom fouls and phantom yellow cards drive me crazy in soccer. Plus at least hockey uses modern technology to count made goals............when the average score is 2-1 that is pretty important. Soccer needs that technology in the worst way. Ask any Englishman after that match vs. Germany.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

You need better seats and frankly the whole use of fighting as an excuse not to like hockey is at least ten years dated now. There's almost no fighting in hockey in the NHL.

Yeah, my seats sucked, but I couldn't afford better seats. The Hurricanes are a bit more popular than the Thrashers...

There were 3-4 fights in the game I went to...I think 50% of the people there only wanted to see the fights. Seemed so childish to me.

• Premium Member

Yeah, my seats sucked, but I couldn't afford better seats. The Hurricanes are a bit more popular than the Thrashers...

There were 3-4 fights in the game I went to...I think 50% of the people there only wanted to see the fights. Seemed so childish to me.

How long ago was this game? And yes, there are people who mostly only hope to see a fight but the game itself itself is great to watch.