• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A moment of prayer is required here.

Diesel

• Premium Member

:angel19:

OK, I had not thought to look into the local experts about the Marvin Williams trade because ... I just hadnt. I didn't believe. However, I just read what some knowledgable fans of the GSW were saying..

It is believed by most of the fans of GS that the trade is MW for Biedrins.

What!!!!!!!!

:wow:

Pray for Sund!

:beer11:

• Premium Member

[i guess we didn't pray hard enough.

Just read this:

STEINMETZ ARCHIVE

WARRIORS PAGE | WARRIORS VIDEO

Matt Steinmetz

CSNBayArea.com

Day 1 of NBA free agency delivered a lot of rumors, speculation and reports – and a few of them even involved the Warriors.

No, the Warriors haven’t been talking to LeBron James, Dwyane Wade or even Chris Bosh, but they have been linked to a few other players around the league. Let’s survey what we’ve got:

--There was talk the Warriors were in discussions with the Atlanta Hawks regarding small forward Marvin Williams. Don’t expect anything like that to happen. Williams has been available for the past six months, and any tire-kicking is already done with him.

Yes, the Warriors are looking for a small forward, but Williams is still owed $30 million over the next four years, and there’s not enough bang there for the buck. Williams is a middle-of-the-road small forward without any discernible strength.

When Warriors general manager Larry Riley was talking about the kind of small forwards he’d be looking at, he indicated that he would want the player to do more than one thing well, maybe rebound and pass … or pass and play defense … or score and pass. That’s not Williams.

Read more: Around the NBA -- Free Agency Whisperings

Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

The deal would be subject to a physical evaluation of Andris and a mental evaluation of GSW's management team.

~lw3

Gadz is the likely candidate for trade, I know Atlanta wants to unload Bibby so that might be the issue.

• Premium Member
Yes, the Warriors are looking for a small forward, but Williams is still owed $30 million over the next four years, and there’s not enough bang there for the buck. Williams is a middle-of-the-road small forward without any discernible strength.

Need to give Minnesota a call...

• Premium Member

First of all Marvin IS NOT A SF! Marvin is a 4 playing out of position. Put him in the low block and he is a 18 and 9 player. We have Marvin and Smoove as 4's.

The problem is someone is gonna get Marvin on a steal deal and use him in his natural 4 position and get a good player. Marvin of course will never be an all-star but he will be a good starting 4 if used there.

First of all Marvin IS NOT A SF! Marvin is a 4 playing out of position. Put him in the low block and he is a 18 and 9 player. We have Marvin and Smoove as 4's.

The problem is someone is gonna get Marvin on a steal deal and use him in his natural 4 position and get a good player. Marvin of course will never be an all-star but he will be a good starting 4 if used there.

If he can get his 3 point shot back he would be a good fit as a face up PF for the Magic, Knicks, Suns, & Warriors.

But hey......thats OK b/c he is the 3rd best PF on our team behind Smoove and Horford.

For the record I LOVE Marvin's defense with this roster. His length at SF is a needed asset and he is good defensive matchup to d-up James but if we get a starting caliber center then you go for it.

Though Biedrins is a starting caliber center, I think he would come off the bench before Smoove would start at SF. There are 28 minutes for him off the bench and when Smoove takes a break we would still have a top 5 shot blocker protecting rim.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Sorry Vol but Marvin is not a 1,2,3,4 or 5.

4??? He can't get a shot off without falling brother!!! His lack of coordination makes him less than useless at the 4.

• Admin

and YES I would move him for Biedrens for the record.

Vol is correct....at the end of the season there were times when Marvin was moved to the 4 when Josh went to the bench. WHen he was playing that position he had a lot of success rebounding, playing solid d and scoring.

Although if we can get Beinidrins for him....I would be all over it

• Premium Member

Marvin Williams HAS NOT NOR will he EVER be a PF, get outta here lol.. and he certainly would never play that position here..

Woody played him at the 4 a lot. I'm not among those who think it's his best position.