• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

listen to 790 The Zone

Brotha2ThaNite

Woody:

Wasn’t bitter

Said he believe Sund had decided to fire him a long time ago. lol

Don’t hold JJ’s bad playoff for getting him fired

Reason he didn’t play JT because he didn’t have a contract…. As we have thought all alone, the reason why he didn’t play rookies because he was always fighting for his job.

Nothing much there… Steak said he will come on 790 the zone soon and do an interview.

• Moderators

Woody:

Wasn’t bitter

Said he believe Sund had decided to fire him a long time ago. lol

Don’t hold JJ’s bad playoff for getting him fired

Reason he didn’t play JT because he didn’t have a contract…. As we have thought all alone, the reason why he didn’t play rookies because he was always fighting for his job.

Nothing much there… Steak said he will come on 790 the zone soon and do an interview.

Gosh. I can't believe the ASG weren't willing to give a new contract to a coach that openly says he sacrificed the future and best interests of the team for present success (i.e., "I would have developed the rookie if I had security in my job and a perspective of putting this team in the best position for the future but I didn't" [not a real quote]) and then set the new standard for worst post-season series loss in NBA history in a #2 versus #3 matchup. Seems like we ended up with the worst of all worlds - a team that didn't set itself up for the future and set itself up for a disaster in the post-season all in the name of maximizing regular season success (which at most moved us from the #4 seed to the #3 seed).

Gosh. I can't believe the ASG weren't willing to give a new contract to a coach that openly says he sacrificed the future and best interests of the team for present success (i.e., "I would have developed the rookie if I had security in my job and a perspective of putting this team in the best position for the future but I didn't" [not a real quote]) and then set the new standard for worst post-season series loss in NBA history in a #2 versus #3 matchup. Seems like we ended up with the worst of all worlds - a team that didn't set itself up for the future and set itself up for a disaster in the post-season all in the name of maximizing regular season success (which at most moved us from the #4 seed to the #3 seed).

Yeah the fact he held up our long term plans and potential success because of his lack of contract is pretty pathetic. That may have got him more season wins but it killed us in the post season. A more seasoned Teague would have come in handy in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Woody is a bigger a man than me. Considering that 790's morning crew begged ASG to terminate him, it would have understandable if Woody unleashed a verbal assault rivaling John Chaney vs John Calipari on those idiots.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I can't see how he expects to ever get another HC job in the NBA after publicly admitting he "doesn't give a **** about offense" and now he admits he didn't develop players because he was worried about his job. WOW. Part of your JOB was DEVELOPING players you dumb *ss.

• Like 2

Save his job by not playing a mid-first round draft pick?

How does he know that Teague wouldn't have saved his job? He never even played the guy. Same thing with Acie Law.

Play the same 8 guys if you want. Eventually they'll wear out and so will your job, Woody.

I can't see how he expects to ever get another HC job in the NBA after publicly admitting he "doesn't give a **** about offense" and now he admits he didn't develop players because he was worried about his job. WOW. Part of your JOB was DEVELOPING players you dumb *ss.

Bingo! :help wanted:

Acie has been discarded by 2 hall of fame coaches and another team since leaving- how on earth is it Woodson's fault that BK drafted a crappy player? Its to woodson's credit that he didn't waste more minutes on Acie.

Edited by spotatl
  • Like 1

Acie has been discarded by 2 hall of fame coaches and another team since leaving- how on earth is it Woodson's fault that BK drafted a crappy player? Its to woodson's credit that he didn't waste more minutes on Acie.

please, Acie completetly lost his confidence. I saw him play this year and he looked nothing like the guy we had here. it's not easy for a young player to recover from being mentally beat down early in their careers. It's not like he didn't have the tools because he did.

He had the tools of a wasted first round pick. He should never have been a lottery pick. Whats a coach supposed to do when the GM drafts a terrible player? All they can do is not make the pick worse by wasting minutes on them. When Acie was here there was an open question of whether it was a bad pick or whether Acie was being misused. Then he left and the Warriors didn't even pick up his team option. Then he got discarded and DIdn't play for the bobcats. Then he went to the Bulls who have shown little interest in retaining him. If he had blossomed after playing for Woodson then hell yes you could blame him for Acie failing here. But since he has done nothing in 3 stops since leaving woodson at some point you just have to say that he was a dumb pick and give Credit to Woodson for recognizing it far sooner than people on this board did.

• Like 1