• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

all i can say about the game is

chuck15

hope these guys dont make the team.....pape sucks morris sucks teague looks good but needs to be more aggressive......aminu is nice hope he makes it....long athletic forward who can spell smoove when hes tired or in foul trouble i hope drew gives them a chance

• Like 1

Actually I'm going to have to disagree with you. Pape actually played pretty decent in the second half. I don't think he makes the team, but he's a solid player... Not a stud like that guy playing for Dallas, but there's no harm in trying to develop him overseas and see if he can contribute years from now.

Randolph Morris has no shot at making the team.

hope these guys dont make the team.....pape sucks morris sucks teague looks good but needs to be more aggressive......aminu is nice hope he makes it....long athletic forward who can spell smoove when hes tired or in foul trouble i hope drew gives them a chance

Good thing your opinion doesn't matter! :cant believe:
  • Like 2

i'd have to agree (but in a nicer way). pape picked it up toward the end of the game, but his play was just u-g-l-y. he kept forcing shots at the basket, which was good in that he drew the fouls, but not so good when he would miss the shots anyway, plus it often seemed he just came up the court and tried going straight to the rim in a crowded frontcourt when he didn't need to, there were plenty of opportunities for him to move the ball but didn't. idk, on one hand that's what you'd expect to see out of a great player who is trying to put the team on his back and will their way back up the scoreboard to win it, but he's not there yet.

randmo really should have done more. i mean really, you're looking to be out of a job dude, and you've got YEARS of nba experience. show them how it's done. but he didn't. bye bye.

aminu was a fairly pleasant surprise. he can take othello's spot on the roster. no one else stood out (in a good way at least).

i'd have to agree (but in a nicer way). pape picked it up toward the end of the game, but his play was just u-g-l-y. he kept forcing shots at the basket, which was good in that he drew the fouls, but not so good when he would miss the shots anyway, plus it often seemed he just came up the court and tried going straight to the rim in a crowded frontcourt when he didn't need to, there were plenty of opportunities for him to move the ball but didn't. idk, on one hand that's what you'd expect to see out of a great player who is trying to put the team on his back and will their way back up the scoreboard to win it, but he's not there yet.

randmo really should have done more. i mean really, you're looking to be out of a job dude, and you've got YEARS of nba experience. show them how it's done. but he didn't. bye bye.

aminu was a fairly pleasant surprise. he can take othello's spot on the roster. no one else stood out (in a good way at least).

Yeah, RandMo looked like he was asleep out there. Had one nice little pass under the basket which was bobbled by the other player, but he should have gone straight up instead even though the pass was nice. As for Pape Sy, he really looked like he was flustered, nervous, and out of his element the first half. It's good to have him over here playing in the summer league for experience though. He definitely needs a couple of years overseas, but let's wait to see what else he does in the rest of the games. He was far better in the second half once he calmed down.

Teague looked awesome though thank god. And this was against the Grizzly starters which is promising. He was matched up with Mayo quite a bit and did a fine job (unlike Mayo's 8 turnovers). I have high hopes for Teague.

Alade Aminu came to ball. He was hustling, had great spacing, and player really well overall. I really hope we pick him up to backup the 4 (even if only as a 3rd string).

Crawford played really well as well. He had some nice long bombs, a beautiful pass between multiple defenders to a player under the rim, and switched it up late going for a couple of floaters (defender's fully expected jumpers). I think he could develop into a solid bench player (Jamal's future replacement?).

Other than that, everyone else looked mediocre at best. Gilder had a couple of highlights after missing a plethora of jumpers. Augustine played hard and rebounded well, but looked uncoordinated at times. Gladyr has some nice shots and pushed the ball hard, but also had a couple of turnovers. I think he needs at least another year overseas. Jackson played well when he came in and somewhat jump started the offense, but he also made a couple of mistakes that are inexcusable for a player with his experience. There were a few other noteworthy things, but I can't remember them now.

Overall, the game was very promising considering that we were playing against NBA starters. Mayo scored almost at will, Thabeet has obviously been working on his low post moves. Memphis should have steamrolled us, and actually, they were for most of the game. They were up by 17 at one point, but the Hawks played scrappy and started making some of their shots. We tied the game with about 90 seconds left and had the ball, but that was as close as it got. We had a couple of turnovers and lost by 4 in the end. Wins/Losses are meaningless in Summer League, but I really like that we battled back from 17 down.

Oh, and Teague is going to be nice when he is not passing to D-league players. He would have had 10 assists or more if the players he had been passing to were competent at times (fast breaks, open jumpers, etc).

• Moderators

Yeah, RandMo looked like he was asleep out there. Had one nice little pass under the basket which was bobbled by the other player, but he should have gone straight up instead even though the pass was nice. As for Pape Sy, he really looked like he was flustered, nervous, and out of his element the first half. It's good to have him over here playing in the summer league for experience though. He definitely needs a couple of years overseas, but let's wait to see what else he does in the rest of the games. He was far better in the second half once he calmed down.

Teague looked awesome though thank god. And this was against the Grizzly starters which is promising. He was matched up with Mayo quite a bit and did a fine job (unlike Mayo's 8 turnovers). I have high hopes for Teague.

Alade Aminu came to ball. He was hustling, had great spacing, and player really well overall. I really hope we pick him up to backup the 4 (even if only as a 3rd string).

Crawford played really well as well. He had some nice long bombs, a beautiful pass between multiple defenders to a player under the rim, and switched it up late going for a couple of floaters (defender's fully expected jumpers). I think he could develop into a solid bench player (Jamal's future replacement?).

Other than that, everyone else looked mediocre at best. Gilder had a couple of highlights after missing a plethora of jumpers. Augustine played hard and rebounded well, but looked uncoordinated at times. Gladyr has some nice shots and pushed the ball hard, but also had a couple of turnovers. I think he needs at least another year overseas. Jackson played well when he came in and somewhat jump started the offense, but he also made a couple of mistakes that are inexcusable for a player with his experience. There were a few other noteworthy things, but I can't remember them now.

Overall, the game was very promising considering that we were playing against NBA starters. Mayo scored almost at will, Thabeet has obviously been working on his low post moves. Memphis should have steamrolled us, and actually, they were for most of the game. They were up by 17 at one point, but the Hawks played scrappy and started making some of their shots. We tied the game with about 90 seconds left and had the ball, but that was as close as it got. We had a couple of turnovers and lost by 4 in the end. Wins/Losses are meaningless in Summer League, but I really like that we battled back from 17 down.

Oh, and Teague is going to be nice when he is not passing to D-league players. He would have had 10 assists or more if the players he had been passing to were competent at times (fast breaks, open jumpers, etc).

Thanks for the detailed thoughts! Good to hear we saw some good things from Crawford and Teague.

I believe Sy has a lot to work with. He has the size, aggresiveness and handles to exceed. It really depends on his coachabilities. He should be closely examined this week before any determinations.

Sy needs game minutes. He won't get that on the Hawks roster. He needs a season getting regular minutes in Europe of the D League.

Morris is such a waste of size.

Sy needs game minutes. He won't get that on the Hawks roster. He needs a season getting regular minutes in Europe of the D League.

Morris is such a waste of size.

I agree. I'd buy him out, bring him over and sign him. Between practice fodder and th "D-League" he can be a player. Two years should be enough to know. I would see what the week and training camp brings.

I agree. I'd buy him out, bring him over and sign him. Between practice fodder and th "D-League" he can be a player. Two years should be enough to know. I would see what the week and training camp brings.

I would be stunned if they brought him over this year. Would be a disservice to him. He needs to play.

What game did you watch? Pape Sy only shot two shots in the entire game, and he hit 50% of them. He was also 4 of 5 from the free throw line and played solid defense. He has to work on using his body to get himself open, but overall, for a guy no one knew anything about, he looked like a player that has some potential. He made me think of Boris Diaw, right down to the fact that Pape doesn't look to shoot.

I finally saw the first half this morning on NBA TV, so I see why people weren't high on Sy, but how can anyone watch the 2nd half and not be optimistic about the guy?

Let's see if he can put a whole game together on Wednesday and the rest of the Summer League but dude definitely has some potential. And could maybe be the first 2nd round gem this team has drafted since who knows when

Watching RandMo and wondering: do NBA drug tests pick up Purple Drank?

~lw3

That's the funniest $hit I've read on Hawksquawk all year :lol6:

Edited by hazer