• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Cavs trying to use Shaq to lure Williams

johnnyde

Merged because that link points to the same report that this thread references and hasn't been updated since 10:24am.

Regarding what Kincaid said, is he saying that the Cavs dangling Shaq for the S&T is for real or that we've agreed to make the trade?

He said something about "good sources" - I wish I had started listening earlier...then they started talking about home refinancing and i only live like 5 minutes from work

I'm beginning to think that it was just him saying he "has good sources" - he does do the espn weekend stuff regionally tho.

Ooops - by "good sources" he was basically saying "done deal"....take that for what it's worth I guess.

Edited by DJlaysitup

He said something about "good sources" - I wish I had started listening earlier...then they started talking about home refinancing and i only live like 5 minutes from work

I'm beginning to think that it was just him saying he "has good sources" - he does do the espn weekend stuff regionally tho.

Ooops - by "good sources" he was basically saying "done deal"....take that for what it's worth I guess.

Done deal Marvin for Shaq straight up?? I damn sure hope that isn't the deal unless we have a contract for Matt Barnes waiting to be signed directly after.

You can't believe everything some clown on the radio says. What happened with that LeBron is going to NY rumor. No doubt the Cavs are trying to throw fools gold at the Hawks, yet even the ASG/Sund are not dumb enough to take it.

• Premium Member

Hire LD, trade Chill for some plastic straws, and deal Marvin for an 80 year old Shaq... Smells like a winning formula to me! Damn, I'm excited about this upcoming season! This MIGHT be enough to help us claim the Southeast next season. Now, if only we could find a way to dump Crawford, Bibby, and ZaZa (because they all suck too) and maybe find a way to sign Iverson/Al Harrington

Iverson/Teague

JJ/Jordan Crawford

Harrington/Mo

Smoove launching 3's/???

Horford/Kevin Willis/Mutombo

CHAMPIONSHIP.

rap.gif

word up

• Like 2

Hire LD, trade Chill for some plastic straws, and deal Marvin for an 80 year old Shaq... Smells like a winning formula to me! Damn, I'm excited about this upcoming season! This MIGHT be enough to help us claim the Southeast next season. Now, if only we could find a way to dump Crawford, Bibby, and ZaZa (because they all suck too) and maybe find a way to sign Iverson/Al Harrington

Iverson/Teague

JJ/Jordan Crawford

Harrington/Mo

Smoove launching 3's/???

CHAMPIONSHIP.

rap.gif

word up

Al Harrington signed with the Nuggets.

• Premium Member

Iverson/Teague

JJ/Jordan Crawford

Harrington/Mo

Smoove launching 3's/???

CHAMPIONSHIP.

rap.gif

word up

I like sarcasm done well.

The fact that Shaq wants more money to join the Hawks but will willingly take less to join another team tells you what he thinks of the HAWKS. I don't want Shaq, I don't think this team can handle his personality...we don't have that Alpha dog that he would respect, he willingly took a backseat to DWade and LeBron I just don't see him doing that here...it will be all about Shaq.

I don't like the idea of giving up Marvin for Shaq when we can sign Shaq outright with the MLE. If the Hawks are trading Marvin just to get rid of his contract then I say we start off the season with him in the new offense, see how he does and depending on our record and the way the team is playing then we will have other options at the trading deadline.

The fact that Shaq wants more money to join the Hawks but will willingly take less to join another team tells you what he thinks of the HAWKS. I don't want Shaq, I don't think this team can handle his personality...we don't have that Alpha dog that he would respect, he willingly took a backseat to DWade and LeBron I just don't see him doing that here...it will be all about Shaq.

I don't like the idea of giving up Marvin for Shaq when we can sign Shaq outright with the MLE. If the Hawks are trading Marvin just to get rid of his contract then I say we start off the season with him in the new offense, see how he does and depending on our record and the way the team is playing then we will have other options at the trading deadline.

I don't care if he wants to be here or not, we have to sign this guy if we have a chance to do so.

We are almost guaranteed to face the Magic in the 1st round. Do you want to face them with or without Shaq potentially? The answer for me is pretty obvious

I don't care if he wants to be here or not, we have to sign this guy if we have a chance to do so.

We are almost guaranteed to face the Magic in the 1st round. Do you want to face them with or without Shaq potentially? The answer for me is pretty obvious

BBIB not sure about that. If he doesn't want to be here he definitely will be a cancer. And could potentially destroy our team.

Why would you want someone on the team if he doesn't want to be here...besides Shaq is a free agent and can sign anywhere he wants. There is also no gaurantee that we will face the Magic in the 1st or 2nd round for that matter....we faced Cleveland in the 2nd round on 2009 and we face Orlando in the 2nd round this year and we also had different 1st round opponents the last 3 years.

• Premium Member

OK, I have read through the whole thread now.

Here's my take.

Are you guys crazy!!!!

We get our *ss handed to us by teams that have Centers. When Cleveland had Shaq, they handed us our *ss. We get the opportunity to get a big man to take the strain off of Horf and Smoove and you guys are looking at this from a feelings perspective?? I could care less what Shaq said about the city. If he's down with the trade (and he won't retire this season) I say bring him.

2nd. Marvin's contract is a problem... in 2 years. He's too unproductive to command 8+ Million dollars when we can find a 3 Million dollar replacement easily. We get Marvin off our books and send him to Cleveland to "be the man".

3rd. Like him or not, you do know that getting Shaq will make our team more watched and our games more attended. ASG has to be drolling thinking about the gate.

4th. Some of you say, Shaq is a lockerroom cancer. I have heard differently all his career. He actually bring guys together and help them to be loose. He makes his guys more of a team. How many times have we heard Shaq talk about "my guys".... from team to team. That's because he falls into line and establishes a lockerroom family. I think that in itself will help heal a lot of our wounds.

What will teams do when they see the three headed monster of Shaq, Horf, and Smoove at the 4-5? After Shaq finishing pounding them on the inside and establishes the inside outside game with Joe... Here comes Horf to pound them some more but faster.

All this for the cost of Marvin?

Overpaid.

Nonimpactful.

Mistake.

• Like 2

Here's my take.

Are you guys crazy!!!!

We get our *ss handed to us by teams that have Centers. When Cleveland had Shaq, they handed us our *ss. We get the opportunity to get a big man to take the strain off of Horf and Smoove and you guys are looking at this from a feelings perspective?? I could care less what Shaq said about the city. If he's down with the trade (and he won't retire this season) I say bring him.

2nd. Marvin's contract is a problem... in 2 years. He's too unproductive to command 8+ Million dollars when we can find a 3 Million dollar replacement easily. We get Marvin off our books and send him to Cleveland to "be the man".

3rd. Like him or not, you do know that getting Shaq will make our team more watched and our games more attended. ASG has to be drolling thinking about the gate.

4th. Some of you say, Shaq is a lockerroom cancer. I have heard differently all his career. He actually bring guys together and help them to be loose. He makes his guys more of a team. How many times have we heard Shaq talk about "my guys".... from team to team. That's because he falls into line and establishes a lockerroom family. I think that in itself will help heal a lot of our wounds.

What will teams do when they see the three headed monster of Shaq, Horf, and Smoove at the 4-5? After Shaq finishing pounding them on the inside and establishes the inside outside game with Joe... Here comes Horf to pound them some more but faster.

Overpaid.

Nonimpactful.

Mistake.

Seriously, how many centers does the Hawks have trouble with? Dwight Howard that's it, with LBJ in Miami a wing defender is just as important if not more important. I don't care how much you dislike Marvin, trading Marvin to pay Shaq more money to sit on the bench in a suit half the year, makes no sense. Making such a deal doesn't move the Hawks any closer to being a contender.

Shaq played with the "best" player in the league last year how did that work out for them? Shaq falls in line when he has "Stars" on his team. If we can sign Shaq outright in lieu of a sign n trade, that's a better option. Marvin's contract can be moved at the trade deadline if he doesn't work for LD's new offense.

Seriously, how many centers does the Hawks have trouble with? Dwight Howard that's it, with LBJ in Miami a wing defender is just as important if not more important. I don't care how much you dislike Marvin, trading Marvin to pay Shaq more money to sit on the bench in a suit half the year, makes no sense. Making such a deal doesn't move the Hawks any closer to being a contender.

you saying that now and then we run into Orlando again causing Dwight Howard to destroy our frontline. It does makes us closer to contending.

you saying that now and then we run into Orlando again causing Dwight Howard to destroy our frontline. It does makes us closer to contending.

Cavs got Shaq to play against Dwight last season...but they ended up playing Boston.

Here's my take.

Are you guys crazy!!!!

Overpaid.

Nonimpactful.

Mistake.

I agree with Diesel this time. We can get rid of Marvin's ridiculous contract, bring in the back up center we need, and we still have the MLE to sign a better SF to a shorter more reasonable contract.

People are getting stuck on the trade aspect of this. What if we signed Shaq and traded Marvin for an equal or better SF to a shorter and cheaper contract? That is essentially what we are doing.

Plus we will be on TV almost every game next year for Shaq's farewell tour. If you are the ASG you do this move without question.