• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Cavs trying to use Shaq to lure Williams

johnnyde

it 's off topic , but at least 1 atlanta team made a trade today

Braves trade Yunel Escobar for Alex Gonzalez

2010: 17 HR, .259 BA, 50 RBI,

Wish the Hawks could make a move to try to get to the finals.

Edited by pimp

Hell to the no

Hawks need assets. If the hawks can get him without giving up anything - the purpose of the mle - then so be it

Not paying Marvin for the next few years = assets.

• Like 3

IMO, regardless of how we all feel about Marvin, this would be a bad move. Lose our only true small forward(unless they sign one in FA) for a guy who has a lot of concerns about how he would fit in.

Plus, is Shaq really gonna make that much more money if Marvin's 6.7 million is the right figure? So they are (supposedly according to some) offering 5.8 and he won't take that because he wants maybe a million more? Seems like he is being really picky for someone who has made over 200 million in his NBA career.

Giving away a good core 24 year old for any 38 year old man is plain dumb.. I wouldn't trade a 38 year old Michael Jordan for Marvin Williams. If we can't get Shaq with the MLE, we need to leave him alone. If we are going to trade Marvin, lets trade him for someone who is of good value now and in the distant future.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I hadn't thought of RJ. Right now he is looking like a complete dumbass for opting out. He would be a good fit for us at SF.

I expect that he'll re-sign with the Spurs. He's better than anything else they can get for what's left of their MLE.

I expect that he'll re-sign with the Spurs. He's better than anything else they can get for what's left of their MLE.

That may be true, but if all he gets is the MLE, would he rather play for the Hawks or Spurs? He obviously wasn't a good fit for the Spurs and had a season to forget. The Hawks, IMO could be closer to a title this season (and future seasons) than the Spurs if they make the right moves.

Is the Marvin for Biedrins deal still available? I much rather do that.

That offer was never confirmed was it? I thought it was just saying Golden State had interest in Marvin and we speculated who it might be for.

• Premium Member

Giving away a good core 24 year old for any 38 year old man is plain dumb.. I wouldn't trade a 38 year old Michael Jordan for Marvin Williams. If we can't get Shaq with the MLE, we need to leave him alone. If we are going to trade Marvin, lets trade him for someone who is of good value now and in the distant future.

I gave you a plus one to get rid of the silly negative you had for this post. I agree. We either sign Shaq with the MLE or we trade Marvin for an UPGRADE at small forward. We absolutely do not want to trade Marvin for Shaq unelss we're getting another starting quality SF somehwere else.

Although I do understand your point, you would have to be crazy to turn down a 38 year old Mike over Marvin Williams.

• Premium Member
The Cleveland Cavaliers' pursuit of Hawks swingman Marvin Williams centers at the moment on trying to convince the Hawks to do a sign-and-trade deal that would send Shaquille O'Neal to Atlanta' date=' according to a league source.[/quote']

Sund would lose his job for making such an idiotic trade.

Anderson Varejao: Yes

Shaq's old *ss: heck no!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

I was against the potential trade at first but if RJ agrees to the MLE...

Teague/Bibby

Johnson

Jefferson

Smith

Horford

Bibby/Teague

Crawford

Wilkens(BAE)

Joe Smith

Shaq

I mean call me an uber fan but this team can play with anybody.

Ooops - Kincaid SAYS this is for real...

:kickcan: David Aldridge reports that the Cavs are dangling Shaq in a sign-and-trade proposal for Marvin. Since the Hawks could just sign Shaq using the mid-level exception if they want him (which still isn't certain) the Cavs presumably are counting on Atlanta's desire to shed Marvin's contract as the primary motivation for a trade.

Note: if this really is for real it makes me wonder who in Hawks' management was most responsible for signing Marvin back in the first place.

Note2 - thanks for the merge - I was all excited about what I heard on the radio and didn't take time to read up on previous posts. :newspaper:

Edited by DJlaysitup

Ooops - Kincaid SAYS this is for real...

:kickcan: David Aldridge reports that the Cavs are dangling Shaq in a sign-and-trade proposal for Marvin. Since the Hawks could just sign Shaq using the mid-level exception if they want him (which still isn't certain) the Cavs presumably are counting on Atlanta's desire to shed Marvin's contract as the primary motivation for a trade.

Note: if this really is for real it makes me wonder who in Hawks' management was most responsible for signing Marvin back in the first place.

Merged because that link points to the same report that this thread references and hasn't been updated since 10:24am.

Regarding what Kincaid said, is he saying that the Cavs dangling Shaq for the S&T is for real or that we've agreed to make the trade?