• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Paul could be traded soon...

T21

• Premium Member

Sothron, the trade I think I've seen most often is just that--Smoove and JCraw for Paul and Okafor. I don't see a supposedly-untouchable player from one team being exchanged for anything less than an perceived-untouchable from the other. Crawford fills a slot in the roster for them while conveniently expiring after the season. I wouldn't favor this trade unless Paul is willing to guarantee the third and final year of the contract.

Back to the Hoopsworld story... my take on the alleged facts of the story are, not that ownership wants to trade Paul, but that ownership wants a GM to satisfy Paul's demands that the team get better, and that they were simply dissatisfied with Bower's ideas about how to go about improving the roster.

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member

you put Miami in there? With 25 wins, they aren't exactly an example of a team "showing us how it's really done"

Cool how that works, huh? Same context, circa 2002...or 15 in 2008...or a ho-hum .500 season in 2004? Because as long as a team has a sucky record, it means they can't possibly position themselves to nab a player like LeBron or Amare...or hire a proven coach... And because a team has a 50+ win season, it means they got everything right and will continue to do so...onto the conference finals eventually. Like the Hawks have done at least ONCE in the past 40 years...?

But hey, hypothetical rant is..hypothetical.

CP3 would make Smoove a significantly better player. I don't think that him and Horf would make as dynamic a combination.

Visa versa bro. Smith has no great PnR strengths nor ever will. Smith will be better with Paul as would a lot of players but Horford clearly takes a Rondoesque jump with his strengths tailored around a playmaker who can create for others. As for Okafor, I have been watching him for the past three seasons closely, besides Atlanta players being severally underrated by other fans of other franchisees, Okafor is the most overrated. He was horrible last season and hasn't had a good season since his 2nd year in the NBA. He's too slow laterally to play PF and is too smallish to play center at times, not to Zaza degree but he will struggle v. the likes of Howard, Yao, or any upper tier center. The Horford/Okafor being similar is such a farce statement that I had to chime in because it wasn't correct.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Have to wonder, given the ultimatums in this thread, how we will know if Sund pursued this if it doesn't result in an actual trade (?).

Sund never publicizes trades before they happen. This goes back from his beginning as a GM many years ago.

• Premium Member

We need to dangle both Horford and Smoove in their face and see which one they want. As much as I like both of those guys Paul is on another stratosphere. Even with health concerns, if we can have Paul for one of our big guys + Crawford we need to do that trade immediately.

People would drive Josh Smith to the airport to get Chris Paul here.

I will personally build a trebuchet and launch Josh Smith in the direction of New Orleans.

I agree.... but there has to be a way we can keep Horf and Smith and still make this trade.... all these exceptions and selling the 31st pick should compensate for a player or two. We also have draft picks that we need to get rid of.... (dont know how to use those things)

CP3/Ok

for

Bibby/ Marvin/ and 2 First (Zaza too if needed)

that should do it...

Id love it if they took that trade, but they would have to be crazy. If he is ot damaged? he's the best pg in the league and there would be a lot of other offers better than that.

I heard there are talks about Chris Paul possibly being traded to Charlotte?

What can Charlotte offer New Orleans?

It's possible, they currently have the best deal unless Atlanta is willing to take Okafor which from a good friend mouth that they are not willing to take. Atlanta feels that Josh Smith for CP3 is a great deal, NOH likes Smith but wants Atlanta to take Okafor which Atlanta doesn't want to do because of Okafor contract and his play. Plus more importantly, they want a commitment from CP3 that he will resign. This is what I found out today. First piece of info I've heard all summer from him which isn't word on the street.

Could CP3 get traded to Atlanta, maybe but possibility not. Atlanta doesn't want Okafor and they value Crawford a lot.

If this was me I would do it in a heartbeat but not ASG or Sund. But anything possible. We will see...